• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Where is my ASUS TUF non-OC!!!!, not even update on it!!! it is almost 2 months without an update on this card. I really won't believe Asus is making those cards.

Soldato
Sorry to all those that were disappointed by the update I posted today, I can only pass on the info I get.

I will try and do this weekly for you so there is some understanding of shipments and if it's weekly there is less chance of the numbers changing from what I've posted previously. I try and answer all direct messages to me, currently for RTX30 I am getting so many of the same question or people posting showing their (totally understandable) frustration, I will not reply to most questions about the stock at the moment.

I will as I say, keep trying to post a weekly update as early that week as I can.
Will there be more gaming oc 3080s next week after these ones?

Associate
Yeah mate, sorry I got a bit tetchy there.

No problem. OC aren't making it easy to keep a calm head. Personally I'm wondering if the Eagles are just stuck on a slow boat/in customs/something, but the lack of any meaningful update about anything from OC forces us to expect the worst. Something isn't right, and they aren't doing anything to explain it.

The 100 MSI Trios from the first batch today were expected last week, which we knew, but the only info we had on the delay was "As such we think this is effecting some of our deliveries as they seem to be taking longer than normal"... which we figured out meant they were delayed, but how hard is actually saying "There is a large shipment of {card} we expected by now but hasn't arrived yet, we're doign everything we can to try to track it down and will let you know a new date as soon as we do"?

I also find it noteworthy from what was said on Discord today that apparently the ONLY person at OC who knows about future shipments is Gibbo, so he is the ONLY one that can explain this, and while he has a style of communicating that I think he has always used, it clearly isn't sufficient for this situation, but there doesn't seem to be anyone senior enough that realises that and wants to fix it. They seem to have a small company mindset, which has lots of benefits, and isn't unreasonable, they are aiming for a particular niche of the market, but they clearly are now big enough and getting enough new customers that their communication needs to get better. The way it is now they are just overworking their sales/customer support team, which means the experience talking to them just gets worse as they become more frustrated with dealing with the same issues and queries over and over again. And as hard as they try to hid it I know from the couple of times I've had to talk to them about the oddities with my order the experience has gotten worse, I could hear how frustrated they were to have to deal with it, and it comes across as frustration with the customer and makes the whole process worse.

Associate
Would be so nice if other companies would at least give some updates. Asus apart of that FB post been very quiet .... Like i'm not too far in queue imo, but still 200 cards in front could take weeks or could take months. As far as i know at least one positive for OC cards is that most of chips goes in OC. It just if it would be few months to wait, i would need to get some mediocre card for now, sitting on old 750 atm as gave my 970 to my niece so she can have decent pc until all the gpu mess calms down :D

Associate
Where is my ASUS TUF non-OC!!!!, not even update on it!!! it is almost 2 months without an update on this card. I really won't believe Asus is making those cards.

As what i have read/heard, Asus is now pushing mainly on OC cards as chips that Nvidia is sending are very easy clockable, so i assume only not as good performing chips goes in non OC cards, so lack of delivery of them .....

Associate
Straight from Aorus UK/IRL Rep

SFTh0LF.png

Eagles hit OCUK 100%

@Gibbo, how is your day mate?

Wow.

Just wow.

If the Eagles arrived at OCUK but were not sent to pre-order holders, then what conclusions could we possibly draw? There are a few scenarios that spring to mind:

1) Only one or two Eagles arrived and was shipped, explaining why Eagle pre-orderers like myself barely saw any movement. It doesn't explain why the top ten pre-orderers saw NO movement, though
2) They arrived but haven't been shipped yet
3) They are going into pre-builds - we've been assured that this is not the case
4) They were stolen before they arrived at OCUK
5) They were fraudulently scalped by OCUK on eBay and the like
6) ????
7) PROFIT

All of the questions above (and note that these are questions, not accusations) could be easily addressed by OCUK simply telling us.

Associate
All it takes to divert the majority of this frustration is some form of transparency?
Surely if @Gibbo took 10 mins of his day (instead of posting in garden and car forums) to create an update across all the cards he would not get this hate and OCUK would not lose a large amount of future customers.

Associate
Wow.

Just wow.

If the Eagles arrived at OCUK but were not sent to pre-order holders, then what conclusions could we possibly draw? There are a few scenarios that spring to mind:

1) Only one or two Eagles arrived and was shipped, explaining why Eagle pre-orderers like myself barely saw any movement. It doesn't explain why the top ten pre-orderers saw NO movement, though
2) They arrived but haven't been shipped yet
3) They are going into pre-builds - we've been assured that this is not the case
4) They were stolen before they arrived at OCUK
5) They were fraudulently scalped by OCUK on eBay and the like
6) ????
7) PROFIT

All of the questions above (and note that these are questions, not accusations) could be easily addressed by OCUK simply telling us.

As @Gibbo stated an "Ok" amount was due on the week after the 22nd of October (with no update of no arrival) this removes point number 1 from being a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom