• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Same... been shopping at ocuk for nearly 2 decades, but not anymore. Thing is, a competitor has no updates today (they do them daily, sometimes 3 times a day). So instead, they've listed out every model, the current preorder numbers for each model and then what models they are expected in each delivery and the delivery ETA. Whereas OC seem to have just hidden hoping it will go away.
Two decades here as well. I really used to like OCUK but there lack of transparency and non-existent updates shows they don’t care and if we request a update for a product we ordered two months ago we are treat like we are convenience in them. Oh and not to forget them overchargeing zotac 3090 and extra £300 over rrp amd 5950x £110 over rrp intel 10900k £150 over rrp amd 6800xt only £80 over rrp

These types of business practices are disgusting!

Associate
Show me where I am defending it? I have not even given my opinion on the matter!

I agree with you that it would appear to be unfair. I am merely pointing out that your so called facts are simply no more than speculation.
Until someone officially confirms what is happening and proves you to be correct, it is simply what you think to be the truth.

As I say, I agree with you as far as saying they are probably prioritising prebuilds. But it is far from a fact at this point.

My "so called" facts? Are you serious? What would you like, Lord Lucan Gibbo to suddenly appear out of nowhere and for him to forget that he is not just a stranger to the truth, but has never actually been introduced to it?

Fact, prebuilds are being shipped with retail cards.
Fact, people who bought prebuilds mid October are number 4 in the queue for the asus TUF retail card, ahead of people who ordered shortly after 2pm on the 17th September.
Fact, most retail cards that were supposed to be shipped to OC have disappeared into thin air, never to be seen again.
Fact, confirmed retail card deliveries from AIBs have disappeared into thin air.

Now these are all facts. If you have the imagination to suggest an innocent explanation for all of that then I suggest you may be the next JK Rowling. Your imagination would have to be unique.

Now stop the "far from a fact at this point" nonsense.

Clearly, without any shadow of doubt whatsoever, OC have been heavily prioritising prebuids with retail cards. If you have any doubt about this, you should give your head a wobble. This, while sitting on the money of thousands of people and systematically lying to them.

Associate
Is there a list for the exact amount waiting for each card somewhere on this forums. For example

Asus - 830 waiting list
Gigabyte 900
MSI - 400

Etc etc

Don't be silly now, that would be too much to ask from the people holding all our money...

Probably won't want to do that, would be embarrassing for them compared to their biggest competitor..

Associate
Don't be silly now, that would be too much to ask from the people holding all our money...

Probably won't want to do that, would be embarrassing for them compared to their biggest competitor..

Can you imagine how bad that would look. As an example, competitors entire queue for MSI gaming X is only 150. My launch day queue position for the same card is 412, and that same card was available for pre-order for weeks after. The queues must be huge!

Associate
Fact, prebuilds are being shipped with retail cards.
Fact, people who bought prebuilds mid October are number 4 in the queue for the asus TUF retail card, ahead of people who ordered shortly after 2pm on the 17th September.
Fact, most retail cards that were supposed to be shipped to OC have disappeared into thin air, never to be seen again.
Fact, confirmed retail card deliveries from AIBs have disappeared into thin air.

Now these are all facts. If you have the imagination to suggest an innocent explanation for all of that then I suggest you may be the next JK Rowling. Your imagination would have to be unique.

I can't actually agree that any of those are 'facts'...

The closest you come is the first one, retail boxed product is being shipped with pre-builds in at least some cases but you don't know if that was stock ordered from the SI channel or B2C...

The queue position reported I took to be #4 in the pre-build queue, not the retail queue...

Claiming that 'most retail cards' have disappeared is utterly unsubstantiated and for the last point just because you can't work out where they went doesn't mean they disappeared, there are DOA's to deal with and the totally legitimate day 1 orders that didn't get into the published order queue so were being managed outside the queue system.

Repeating the same assumptions endlessly doesn't make them 'facts'...

Associate
I can't actually agree that any of those are 'facts'...

The closest you come is the first one, retail boxed product is being shipped with pre-builds in at least some cases but you don't know if that was stock ordered from the SI channel or B2C...

The queue position reported I took to be #4 in the pre-build queue, not the retail queue...

Claiming that 'most retail cards' have disappeared is utterly unsubstantiated and for the last point just because you can't work out where they went doesn't mean they disappeared, there are DOA's to deal with and the totally legitimate day 1 orders that didn't get into the published order queue so were being managed outside the queue system.

Repeating the same assumptions endlessly doesn't make them 'facts'...

This! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Associate
Can you imagine how bad that would look. As an example, competitors entire queue for MSI gaming X is only 150. My launch day queue position for the same card is 412, and that same card was available for pre-order for weeks after. The queues must be huge!

Yeah I mentioned this earlier. I've only went down about 150 queue positions since ordering on launch day, and they only have 150 outstanding orders left to fulfill:rolleyes: It was also one of the most popular cards on their website, so wtf have OC done to upset suppliers haha...

Back
Top Bottom