• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Though I do wonder, why can't the invoice address be updated seeing as nothing has shipped yet or even looks likely to.
Unfortunately, you're asking in the wrong place, you might have more luck in the customer service section of the forum. The intricacies of our payment processor agreements are a dark art and us product managers don't get involved.

it's probably related to the authorisation code that your bank have issued

Associate
ASUS are ****** off with OCUK for letting people buy so many pre orders. So this is their way of saying f you.

I can't see that being the case, why would ASUS be mad with OCUK for pre orders? They wouldn't be so much saying f you to OCUK as the would be saying f you to ASUS customers that chose their cards at OCUK...

Associate
You have to understand, we are in a building which is half the size that we need (and no we can't just move). Our goods in department is having to limit the number of deliveries each day because space is limited and when a delivery of large items (cases, monitors, chairs, desks etc) arrives they have to stop what they are doing and get them out of the way first, otherwise they can't move. Therefore, we are unable to accurately predict exactly when stock will be booked in even when we know for sure when it will arrive.

If your infrastructure is so lackluster that you have to limit deliveries EACH DAY because of limited space then this is something that should be on the front page and not buried on page 1484 of a forum post. If you take 2000 GPU orders but can only receive 1000 a day (when no chairs or cases come in) for example surely you should make this clear? This is crazy and of course you can just move.

Caporegime
If your infrastructure is so lackluster that you have to limit deliveries EACH DAY because of limited space then this is something that should be on the front page and not buried on page 1484 of a forum post. If you take 2000 GPU orders but can only receive 1000 a day (when no chairs or cases come in) for example surely you should make this clear? This is crazy and of course you can just move.

They'll be tied in to a lease. So no, they can't just move.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
it's not a permanent situation, we're just incredibly busy at the moment, you know Black Friday, Xmas, way too many launches...oh & trying to stock up before we crash out of the EU....they all mount up...

and if you think a multi-million pound company with millions of pounds worth of stock can just up & move you have absolutely no clue about the reality of business.

Associate
That's not really the issue, the issue is that the volumes of what's coming in is the wrong order of magnitude to fulfil the backlog in a reasonable timeframe.
There are many people that will simply cancel and do something else with the money entirely.

In two weeks ..
"3080 TUF x19
3080 TUF OC x20"

I am in queue position 576.
10 cards per week, that's 57 weeks.

At this rate, I will get my Asus 3080 TUF OC in January 2022.

Lol, playing that game I think there's been at most 23 (42 including what's due) non OC TUF's delivered (excluding initial stock on release) in nearly 3 months that's an average of around 3-4 cards a week. Those close to 1000 in the que have a few years to go at this rate...
Of course things will pick up at some point, so we shouldn't be waiting anything like that long.

Associate
@ScottiB, thanks again for putting in the effort to keep us in the loop. makes a massive difference. this will be the second batch of 20-ish non-OC TUFs in a fortnight. do OCUK expect this to be a pace that ASUS will continue at, ramp up or likely slow down from?

it's not a great amount, but in the context of the last three months it's at least nice to see some movement. like how if you're caught in a traffic jam it always feels better to be moving, even if it's at 3MPH.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I can't see supply slowing any more, once the xmas rush is out of the way I'd hope that things speed up. Unfortunately right now, the strain in the supply chain is extreme.

I just hope that a no deal Brexit doesn't cause it to break completely.

Associate
@ScottiB, thanks again for putting in the effort to keep us in the loop. makes a massive difference. this will be the second batch of 20-ish non-OC TUFs in a fortnight. do OCUK expect this to be a pace that ASUS will continue at, ramp up or likely slow down from?

it's not a great amount, but in the context of the last three months it's at least nice to see some movement. like how if you're caught in a traffic jam it always feels better to be moving, even if it's at 3MPH.

There was a post a while back from Gibbo where he discussed why TUF OC have been coming in larger numbers. It's because the GPU's ASUS have received have been binning well so they end up in OC cards... Obviously there's no way of knowing how the next batch will bin, so fingers crossed the next shipment will favour non OC.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I take it strix 3080 oc don't exist. haven't had any news for them in months and not expecting any this month, its just poor
I honestly suspect that there's a shortage with one of the components that they spec'd for that model. Otherwise I'm at a loss to understand why that one model is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom