• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I reckon it's going to be May or June before we get any real movement on numbers. Absolutely nuts. This is what happens when you have little competition.....

It's nothing to do with competition or lack thereof. It's been said multiple times that the AIB suppliers are simply not receiving the chips due to lack of components.

Associate
Hi guys, the last time I got an updated queue position email was the 24th of December. A friend of mine ordered the same model as I did and he's getting the email updates.

Am I the only one not getting those anymore? Should I contact someone about this?

Associate
Just seen Nvidia will be making masses more RTX 2060's to fill in the shortfall in supply of video cards for gamers - $300 ish, as the Chips are easier to make.

Bit of a #iss take as 3060's are only supposed to be $330 and are a massive improvement.

Associate
that ain't good. I would be tempted to cut my losses and maybe snag a 3070 (some were available today), flog it in a few months and and then snag a 3080Ti.

Yeah, I’ve been looking for alternative solutions to try and obtain a 3080 elsewhere, but I’ve always been too late or the places refuse to ship to Northern Ireland.

I actually bought a whole new rig in September for my birthday and the GPU was the last component I needed. I had bought everything before it became clear that the demand was insane and the supply was obviously non-existent.

I’m reluctant to go for a 3070 and then just upgrade again at a later date, but depending on how long it’s likely to take, I might not have another option.

I’m currently using a 1050ti, so at least I’m staying warm...

Associate
Moved a grand total of zero places today. Whats the situation with the eagle oc @Gibbo

very few 3080’s coming in and probably won’t be for the next few weeks. Probably won’t see much movement prior to March. (Chinese New Year in early Feb is causing massive slow downs, then once things reopen, it’ll take a few weeks to manufacture chips and ship them to board partners and then a few more to ship to you.)

I was at position 161 for Eagle OC and didn’t move either.

Soldato
Just seen Nvidia will be making masses more RTX 2060's to fill in the shortfall in supply of video cards for gamers - $300 ish, as the Chips are easier to make.

Bit of a #iss take as 3060's are only supposed to be $330 and are a massive improvement.

This potentially will affect the used card market, which may impact buying decisions if old cards cant be sold as easily.

Associate
You're just behind me, I'm at 213 now ordered on the same day.
pleased to meet you!- its been painful hasn't it but getting there slowly( slight understatement!)
let's hope our wait will be over in the not too distant future. Chinese New year going to put the brakes on again and can only hope we get some decent amounts of all after,(wishful thinking):p Martin.

Last edited:
Associate
Being in the Zotac trinity queue is like surgery without anaesthesia, 15 shipped since launch day.
Goosy, yes they have been very rare! not sure why so little shipped until now, but pretty pathetic, have seen multiple posts from the poor blighters, really hope things improve after Chinese New year, seems that's going to throw an even bigger spanner in the works!. Martin.:p

Associate
Anyone know how Amazon Pay affects ordering? I'm in the queue for an Eagle OC but today bought a 6800xt from here, paid via Amazon Pay. Got an email from OC UK within 2 minutes, but the amazon email confirming payment wasn't received for a few hours. Am I likely to have missed out, or do OC UK assign stock upon receipting the order? Not the end of the world, but I'd be a tad frustrated if I'm now in 2 queues with no end in sight....!

Associate
Out of curiosity does the 6800xt stack up to the 3080 in 2k and 4k gaming? Say a minimum of 144hz
Revoewers have had mixed results. In a few cases it beats the 3080, in the majority it's behind, and certainly in ray tracing. However AMD drivers are always slow to evolve, whereas Nvidia seem to have them sorted much earlier and update more regularly. Main reason why I really want the 3080. But as RT isn't particularly important to me I've ordered a 6800XT. See how it goes I guess...

Soldato
Anyone know how Amazon Pay affects ordering? I'm in the queue for an Eagle OC but today bought a 6800xt from here, paid via Amazon Pay. Got an email from OC UK within 2 minutes, but the amazon email confirming payment wasn't received for a few hours. Am I likely to have missed out, or do OC UK assign stock upon receipting the order? Not the end of the world, but I'd be a tad frustrated if I'm now in 2 queues with no end in sight....!
Gibbo says everyone who ordered today got a card so yes your card has got through

Associate
Zotac trinity non-OC

Nearly there! wait who am I kidding..

Que position date
28 02-Oct
24 14-Oct
21 23-Oct
6 06-Nov
6 13-Nov
5 20-Nov
5 27-Nov
5 04-Dec