• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Man of Honour
How big is the queue for the EVGA 3080 FTW3 ULTRA ? I'd sure like to know, or the Galax Gamerock if that has apparently better components.

On the 15th Jan, Gibbo said:

EVGA 3080 XC3 Black - 158 back orders (0 shipped so far)
EVGA 3080 XC3 Gaming - 14 back orders (0 shipped so far)
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming - 14 back orders (21 shipped so far)
EVGA 3080 FTW3 Gaming - 6 back orders (0 shipped so far)
EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming - 1 Back order (35 shipped so far)

Associate
I have a TUF Rtx 3080 non OC and I'm getting 60-70 frames with occasional stutters and frame drops to 30fps. My GPU is bottlenecked at 1080p as I have a Ryzen 5 2500x which is not the best considering I'm using it for 240hz 1080p but I still dont expect 60fps and lower. The same goes for 1440p as well and this CPU shouldn't be that much of a bottleneck at 1440p. Ive downloaded all the latest drivers, my 16GB 3000mhz ram is all in the motherboard correctly. I have a 700w EVGA power supply which shouldn't be a problem as I dont have a Ryzen 9 or something like that. I have low settings and even then I still get 60fps or lower. I'm really confused and disappointed at this point as £650 for a pc component is a lot of money and the performance I'm getting is not what it should be by a long shot.

Associate
I have a TUF Rtx 3080 non OC and I'm getting 60-70 frames with occasional stutters and frame drops to 30fps.

What game are you talking about in particular?

Also Irish customer checking in. It has all been very quiet here. Last queue update I received was late december and I was position #200 for the non OC Tuf 3080. If I were to speculate, I should be around #130 now if the 70 cards arrived and shipped. Could still be months though, hopefully DPD issues resolved by then too. My buddy who ordered at the same time as me from a competitor in the UK just received his EVGA 3080. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Associate
IM talking about every game I play, I mainly play warzone and cold war, but Ive tested many other games such as rust and Minecraft and Its the same thing. I'm getting under 60fps in Minecraft on a rtx 3080 which cant be right. Ive done a benchmark and it says that my Graphics card is great and is above average and the rest of my rig was also average or above.

Permabanned
What game are you talking about in particular?

Also Irish customer checking in. It has all been very quiet here. Last queue update I received was late december and I was position #200 for the non OC Tuf 3080. If I were to speculate, I should be around #130 now if the 70 cards arrived and shipped. Could still be months though, hopefully DPD issues resolved by then too. My buddy who ordered at the same time as me from a competitor in the UK just received his EVGA 3080. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
Hopefully its fixed soon, I still dont fully understand why its such a big issue but I think Scotti said that they might have to ship it without vat on it, we pay for it when it arrives into Ireland and then they will refund the 150ish euro that it was for VAT once its in our hands.

Associate
IM talking about every game I play, I mainly play warzone and cold war, but Ive tested many other games such as rust and Minecraft and Its the same thing. I'm getting under 60fps in Minecraft on a rtx 3080 which cant be right. Ive done a benchmark and it says that my Graphics card is great and is above average and the rest of my rig was also average or above.
hi have you looked in nvidia control panel to see what settings you have there? ie performance, adaptive, just saying it's worth checking all the settings in there just in case, maybe helpful maybe not. :p

Associate
Another retailer is now consistently releasing small numbers of stock at 03:30 in the ******* morning... It's as if they don't give a **** and are happy to sell to the bots... outrageous when they have brick a mortar shops they could sell to real people from.

Ebay stats... 14k 3080 shifted through them since Sept.

There isn't one aspect of this ******** that is redeemable.

I doubt they are really available as you have to collect from store. They always have a couple showing as available to order but when you select them they always say "Not available to collect in or near ...." no matter what postcode/area you put it.

Associate
I have done a clean install of the latest nvidia drivers but Ive never ran DDU in safe mode not sure what to do next

Run DDU in safe mode!

A clean install without first running DDU in safe mode will not necessarily give you a clean uptodate install. A lot of the files won't be overwritten with fresh ones if the installer thinks they are the latest.

Associate
Ive just done that and still the same results at this point ive been trying to sort this all day but thank you for trying to help.

Certainly sounds like a driver/software issue. I have had this issue with a few GPU's. Maybe a long shot, but if you haven't, I would suggest making sure you have updated Windows recently as a missed update has caused me terrible GPU issues in the past. Either that, or try rolling back the latest update and see if it improves it.

If you've DDU'd it and still no luck, then my money would be on a Windows Update issue.

Associate
I have 4 nzxt aer rgb fans and the case is the nzxt h510. My airflow is surprisingly good considering the case and the gpu and cpu temps are really good. Im using two 32 inch monitors ones Dispaly Port and ones HDMI. I have tried the other outputs on the GPU and they all give the same result. It truly is bizarre. My guess is that the drivers are not working properly or my cpu is bottlenecking so much my GPU performance is getting cut. However, I have done a DDU and have done a clean install of the drivers. Both of my monitors have their max refresh rate selected

Associate
I have 4 nzxt aer rgb fans and the case is the nzxt h510. My airflow is surprisingly good considering the case and the gpu and cpu temps are really good. Im using two 32 inch monitors ones Dispaly Port and ones HDMI. I have tried the other outputs on the GPU and they all give the same result. It truly is bizarre. My guess is that the drivers are not working properly or my cpu is bottlenecking so much my GPU performance is getting cut. However, I have done a DDU and have done a clean install of the drivers. Both of my monitors have their max refresh rate selected
A ryzen 2600 should definitely not be bottle necking a 3080 to 60fps and below on cod, I think you may have an issue that we aren’t thinking about

Back
Top Bottom