• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
With all due respect, patient I have been and if Zotac had been forthcoming with anything I would not be bothering you. They have taken upon themselves to effectively bury their head in the sand. I asked you (OC) as they won't respond to me.

5 months of basically radio silence.

For a card that hasn't seen the light of day, not a review, nothing! we are rapidly approaching 6 months into a products 2 year life cycle. Yet here we are with frankly less information than when we started. Being patient will only get you so far, this is stupid. Waiting for product from a distributor is one thing. This I don't even know what this even is anymore.
Both myself and Gibbo have commented in the past about the lack of information from Zotac. There's little that we can do about that. As a Chinese company who ship direct there's not even a local distributor that we can moan at. Please understand, when we have information we share it. "radio silence" for you, generally means the same for us.
I doubt that it will get you anywhere, as I know we didn't get any answer but you should question why Zotac were sharing photos of mining farms packed full of their cards rather than shipping to their resellers.

Associate
I doubt that it will get you anywhere, as I know we didn't get any answer but you should question why Zotac were sharing photos of mining farms packed full of their cards rather than shipping to their resellers.

This, This, This. Blame the AIBs, god knows how many 30-series (and 6000-series) GPUs are being diverted to mining.

AIBs need to bin the GA102 (3080, 3090) & GA104 (3070,3060ti) chips they get from nVidia - what's stopping them adding a 'mining' stage at the end of chip validation process? Not a lot.

Mine for as long as they can get away with (1-2+ months), then package for retail use.

Or I'm just overly cynical.

Associate
There's plenty of blame to be sent their way but at the end of the day they don't have my money and you don't have my card and the only one loosing out is the idiot that dropped best part of grand for the privilege of getting palmed off from all sides fun times

Associate
Ok so please no one laugh but... "EVGA".... has anyone heard anything at all about the XC Blacks? I'm about 90th in the queue which is totally academic as they dont even seem to be making them or at least shipping to Europe. I think most ppl waiting for EVGA's have pretty much given up, but I wondered if there were any rumours, or if it's worth getting inline for something else (a wasted 5 months).

Associate
With all due respect, patient I have been and if Zotac had been forthcoming with anything I would not be bothering you. They have taken upon themselves to effectively bury their head in the sand. I asked you (OC) as they won't respond to me.

5 months of basically radio silence.

For a card that hasn't seen the light of day, not a review, nothing! we are rapidly approaching 6 months into a products 2 year life cycle. Yet here we are with frankly less information than when we started. Being patient will only get you so far, this is stupid. Waiting for product from a distributor is one thing. This I don't even know what this even is anymore.

If OCUK got some cards in, which had no backorder queue, and they offered one to you as a loyal customer instead of yoir current order, would you switch? I don't know if it's on the cards (pun). Just interested.

Associate
If OCUK got some cards in, which had no backorder queue, and they offered one to you as a loyal customer instead of yoir current order, would you switch? I don't know if it's on the cards (pun). Just interested.
at this point i'd take anything, and i'm not even in the no cards queue of the Zotac line.

Associate
"Dear Reece , Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped. x 1 - Inno3D GeForce RTX 3080 iChill X3 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card" Probably the best words you could use to make a sentence :O
Honestly the best news I have gotten all year. I wish good luck and patience to the people still waiting on their card.

Back
Top Bottom