• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I had a discord notification for 3080 this morning and it was £1200. This is a joke. The government should do something about etailers selling the cards at scalpers price

Associate
nope...@Simon Prater is pretty much right about everything other than OcUK being a big company :cry: I'm not sure how you'd judge that tbh....but we're about half the size of our most commonly accepted "competition".

one card which we launched at £541 ex VAT (£649.99 inc) currently costs us £661
another which we launched at £582 (£699.99) currently costs us £734!
premium 3080s are over £800 cost now and still increasing...

circa 5000 back orders...at losses like this? you can do the maths on that, it's probably not sustainable.

Well, when is does come to the cards coming back in, however long that is... I would be happy to pay more to contribute to OCUK.

Associate
1st time in this section of forum in ages. People are still waiting for cards ordered on release day 17th Sept! Holy crap. :eek:
Yup, blows my mind that they can't get even get the launch day stock into the uk 6 months after release... but still have the capacity to create and manufacture mining cards as of last week... 300 CMP cards we're seized in China, story after story about Nvidia selling however many millions of dollars worth of cards direct to mining company's.

AMD and Nvidia do not care about gamers not one jot. It's all marketing ********.

Associate
Yup, blows my mind that they can't get even get the launch day stock into the uk 6 months after release... but still have the capacity to create and manufacture mining cards as of last week... 300 CMP cards we're seized in China, story after story about Nvidia selling however many millions of dollars worth of cards direct to mining company's.
Nvidia have set the stage for their own downfall. They'll have no customer loyalty from anyone that's been involved in this debacle. The bottom line is we need more competition, it's the only way to get fair prices out of companies.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I had a discord notification for 3080 this morning and it was £1200. This is a joke. The government should do something about etailers selling the cards at scalpers price
I don't know what part of, more than ten fold increases to shipping prices making headline news, manufacturers publicly announcing massive price increases and me saying, just an hour or two ago..
premium 3080s are over £800 cost now and still increasing...
That's ex VAT COST TO US!
....you see and then STILL think it's the reseller who's primarily to blame for these prices...

Associate
Intel and AIB's say that production is not the real problem here (Except ASUS that say they have reduced production). The shortage is due to demand being through the roof.

Exactly, so that should be reflected in whatever % increase in silicon produced/shipped compared to the 20 series. I'm sure ScottiB or Gibbo could let us know if they actually shifted significantly more units of 20 series cards post launch than the 30 series?

Looking at an article from WCCFtech back in October, it does seem more like the 'excess demand' claim is porkies, unless they're trying to say 2080 SKUs also sold in single digit amounts most weeks for 6 months after launch! For the TUF non OC they've shipped slightly more than 1 per day (236 on last figures in 199 days). :rolleyes:

Associate
I hope OC dont cancel our orders as well. If the price do up, I am happy to pay the differance but hope to keep the order alive

If this goes on much (months) longer and then OC have to throw in the towel and mass cancel orders, go bankrupt or raise the prices to match their buy price I may just go sod it, screw you Nvidia, I'll sit this gen out. It's time they remembered why the 20 series had such dismal sales figures, they were charging too much! :mad:

The 3080 only made sense at near launch price because of the performance jump/upgrade cost ratio, but if it's going to be 2080Ti cost I'll skip it like I did the 2080Ti itself.

I've got a 2060 so that's good enough for what I currently play and kids don't leave a lot of spare time anyways, so I don't actually need it, unlike others on older gen cards.

Would be illumniating to know how the Nvidia board view this debacle, considering they must be watching £$£$£ evaporating in front of them with every delayed sales.

Note to self: get a scripting bot for the next GPU release cause it's clear they won't have learnt any lessons from this one...! :rolleyes::(

Associate
OcUK are being too soft imo and just putting off the inevitable, just cancel the lot and start fresh . They certainly don't have anywhere *near* the manpower to start offering upgrades to every individual, and even if they did it would take too long with the way stock is slowly coming in. Gotta be done imo before this mess just gets worse and worse. Like pulling a plaster off.

That's fine, but what are you going to do with all the hours in the day you now don't need to spend reading this forum? :D

Associate
i am a first day order only down to 121 don't mind paying extra so oc don't lose money, i would hope at least day one order will be honored as seem unfair people who ordered different card in October who had the good fortune to pick a faster moving Queue have had there when day one people are still waiting and may end up cancelled.

Associate
i am a first day order only down to 121 don't mind paying extra so oc don't lose money, i would hope at least day one order will be honored as seem unfair people who ordered different card in October who had the good fortune to pick a faster moving Queue have had there when day one people are still waiting and may end up cancelled.

I'll second you on that, but it's going to take a genuine miracle for production to suddenly increase by 1000% so we can actually get a card before the 1 year anniversary. :rolleyes:

It's certainly put me off ordering anything that's not showing as in stock in future - a pox on 'pre-orders' in general!

Associate
I second you on this too... or would it be third

Associate

I fourth, ordered an EVGA card 30 minutes after launch, 25 in queue and no cards shipped. Feels like the card will be discontinued before they ship any.

Back
Top Bottom