• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The guy who does the queue update emails is on leave at the moment. They are entitled to a break surely! Everything comes to he/she who waits...

I agree about the break, although I understand his point. It wasn't communicated via the official thread Gibbo is posting to so I had no idea. Just would have been nice to know a little something about why the queue emails wouldn't be sent.

Associate
Just gonna put my hat in the ring and say: I would pay the difference between the original MSRP and what OCUK would need to charge in order to not make a loss on my card. As long as my order wasn't cancelled. I would much rather be in the queue at this point than not at all.

Associate
I got my RTX 3080 last week. I think in future people should go for smaller brands like PNY, zotac, Palit as there are very little orders left in those cards. Asus, Gigabyte, and msi way too many back orders

Associate
I'm 7th in the queue for the Aorus Xtreme 3080... Paid last August.. Hopefully some update soon, I have the rest of my new PC built and using my old GTX 970. Also, I'm in Ireland so I'll probably get hit with some extra VAT due to Brexit? Paid over €1000 including the VAT so not sure how it works...

Associate
The guy who does the queue update emails is on leave at the moment. They are entitled to a break surely! Everything comes to he/she who waits...

I'm more amazed by the fact that a queue updating E-mail is not an automated process and actually relies on someone manually sending out 500+ emails. The person who does it is obviously entitled to take a holiday when they want to but to not give anyone else the responsibility or knowledge of how to do it is a bit weird to say the least.

Associate
I'm more amazed by the fact that a queue updating E-mail is not an automated process and actually relies on someone manually sending out 500+ emails. The person who does it is obviously entitled to take a holiday when they want to but to not give anyone else the responsibility or knowledge of how to do it is a bit weird to say the least.

My thoughts as well, has been noticed before only certain people do things, no deputies or assistants, so when they are away it all stops. Thats how companies fail and close when a select few do things and nobody else knows how.

Associate
My thoughts as well, has been noticed before only certain people do things, no deputies or assistants, so when they are away it all stops. Thats how companies fail and close when a select few do things and nobody else knows how.

I expect they have never had to use an automated queue system before. It wouldn’t be an off the shelf system, and bespoke development is both time consuming a costly when you look at what’s really needed including integration with other ordering systems. At the end of 2020 they probably thought back orders would have been fulfilled by now. So it’s probably cheaper and quicker, for now, for them to use tools they already have.

Not sure OCUK are at risk of failing and closing just because of a couple of missed queue emails.

Associate
How is everybody doing lately anyway? We all good? My daughter pulled herself up to stand against the settee for the first time today, it was amazing. Probs would have missed it if my card was here tbh, so there’s that!
Just hope everyone’s doing well and sending positive vibes during these trying times!

Associate
I'm 7th in the queue for the Aorus Xtreme 3080... Paid last August.. Hopefully some update soon, I have the rest of my new PC built and using my old GTX 970. Also, I'm in Ireland so I'll probably get hit with some extra VAT due to Brexit? Paid over €1000 including the VAT so not sure how it works...

last august?! man hope u get your GPU soon

Associate

OC is not as big a company as everyone assumes.

nope...@Simon Prater is pretty much right about everything other than OcUK being a big company :cry: I'm not sure how you'd judge that tbh....but we're about half the size of our most commonly accepted "competition".

Associate
Sorry, it was actually September... I had bought a 10900k and some Noctua fans from them in August.. But yea, 21st of September. Hopefully we get sorted soon. Was 7th in the queue for a couple of weeks before we stopped getting updates... The lads must be under serious pressure though..

Back
Top Bottom