• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
@Gibbo @ScottiB You said 21 Strix OC were delivered in April. Just checked my previous positions in queue and ive only dropped 13 places (as of mondays email) has there been some more delivered since? Likely to get it by end of may by estimation?????

Associate
Yea mining isn't going anywhere until government intervention catches up due to the ecological damage or more importantly... they will cease to have control of currencies.
Agree fully on both counts. Surely the bubble will have to burst soon though, such an incredible power consumption can not be infinitely scalable. That said, the need for control... that's the biggie.

Queue position 8 for Ventus 3080 (needed for FS not mining)

Associate
Absolute shambles this.

Been #1 on Eagle queue since late December.

Not sure what to do. Leave the queue and pay a fortune more than I paid? Or stick it out and wait till Julember 2025??

Local pc store was gobsmacked when I told him I’ve been #1 in eagle queue since December and told me they get gigabyte deliveries weekly. Granted this may be BS and he’s wanting me to cancel my order here and give them the cash + extra £3-400.

seriously, someone from ocuk must know if eagles are still being made?? Surely you speak to reps frequently?

Associate
Absolute shambles this.

Been #1 on Eagle queue since late December.

Not sure what to do. Leave the queue and pay a fortune more than I paid? Or stick it out and wait till Julember 2025??

Local pc store was gobsmacked when I told him I’ve been #1 in eagle queue since December and told me they get gigabyte deliveries weekly. Granted this may be BS and he’s wanting me to cancel my order here and give them the cash + extra £3-400.

seriously, someone from ocuk must know if eagles are still being made?? Surely you speak to reps frequently?
I think it's been said on here previously and even perhaps as recent as today that there is no official word from Gigabyte regarding the Eagle.

Associate
I've finally cancelled . I was pos 47 for the ventus 3080. So every one will have moved up one. Ordered on the 17th. I suspect the cards are available to order from the suppliers but not at the price oc want to pay. So I've requested a refund and will get something non gpu related and will revisit things when they are back to normal. Looking at the ventus at a diff supplier . I checked the outstanding cards late last year and they had 583 outstanding and are now Down to 90. So they have shipped around 400. If I'd ordered from them I'd would have had the card by now. But that's hightsight for you for you

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I think it's been said on here previously and even perhaps as recent as today that there is no official word from Gigabyte regarding the Eagle.
Official word is that they are not dead...and we get deliveries from Gigabyte (at least) weekly...but no Eagles.
As I've said before, Eagles obviously aren't a priority for them so when supply is short they are the last card to make it into production.

Associate
at this point im just waiting for the 3080 ti launch and this time I'll make sure to get the OC version and not something like the eagle or ventus

Associate
Associate
yeah but im expecting less people buying the ti version because of price, just like the 3090, and if you buy the right card at launch you might be able to get it right way or in a month from your order.

I really hope so too.

But the demand is so high at the moment due to people happily paying £1500 - £1800 for the RTX 3080 on resell.

Also them crazy bedroom Coin Miners and BOT bandits are not helping.

Permabanned
I've used DLSS Quality at 4k in :
  1. Marvel Avengers
  2. Cyberpunk2077
And it looks great and gives 25fps. The image quality is no worse than without DLSS Quality

AMD owners say it looks better off, but I honestly cannot see much worse quality. Then it added 20 odd fps even makes the game look better in some parts as it's running way smoother.

Is it true that DLSS Quality is just reducing some AA ?

Last edited:
Associate
Never did I expect to be on the final day of my dissertation, having to submit it tonight with my victory relaxation being via the launch day gtx 970. :( Wild ride of sorrow

The wimpering call of gamers everywhere, clinging to the faint hope that mining will go away.

Poor gamers, being forced to wait for expensive graphics cards. The world weeps for our lost frame rates.

Associate
The whores that are Nvidia and ASUS and the other graphics manufacturers need to stop providing stock for new builds/ stop putting the chipset into new laptops and new machines and cover the debt they have with the rest of us that have pre-ordered

Associate
I've finally cancelled . I was pos 47 for the ventus 3080. So every one will have moved up one. Ordered on the 17th. I suspect the cards are available to order from the suppliers but not at the price oc want to pay. So I've requested a refund and will get something non gpu related and will revisit things when they are back to normal. Looking at the ventus at a diff supplier . I checked the outstanding cards late last year and they had 583 outstanding and are now Down to 90. So they have shipped around 400. If I'd ordered from them I'd would have had the card by now. But that's hightsight for you for you

i sincerely hope that the above "i suspect the cards are available to order from the suppliers but not at the price OC want to pay" is not what is happening! these orders should be honoured and no excuses, i know there are worldwide shortages but, we dont after waiting all this time want any shennanigans! so put the big boy pants on and please honour our preorders.

Associate
i sincerely hope that the above "i suspect the cards are available to order from the suppliers but not at the price OC want to pay" is not what is happening! these orders should be honoured and no excuses, i know there are worldwide shortages but, we dont after waiting all this time want any shennanigans! so put the big boy pants on and please honour our preorders.
They'll honour what they can afford to honour and no amount of foot stamping from you, I or anybody else will change that.

Back
Top Bottom