• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
My time here is over, it's been a pleasure. My 10900k build is finally going to be complete. :D

Strix OC
[snip]
07/05 - 04
14/05 - 04
18/05 - SHIPPED!

May you all get your cards as well.

Oh, that's odd. The last time Gibbo's stock thread mentioned getting deliveries of the Strix 3080 OC was 5 cards on the 8th of April. A few TUFs, but no other Strixes. Either they took more than a month to arrive, or more came in and just weren't posted about.

Associate
Lucky you. Most of us are not lucky like you. We are still waiting and may wait until end of this year
Thanks man, I'd been waiting months like you guys too :) Wish ya the best of luck.

Oh, that's odd. The last time Gibbo's stock thread mentioned getting deliveries of the Strix 3080 OC was 5 cards on the 8th of April. A few TUFs, but no other Strixes. Either they took more than a month to arrive, or more came in and just weren't posted about.
Yeah I hadn't seen anything about Strix OCs for months it seems, yet I and others have gotten ours shipped. I was at like pos. 43 around April 8th.
Figured posting my queue could help provide insight into the Strix queue at least.

Associate
Watching Gamers Nexus earlier and they said the new LHR cards were announced today. The existing models will remain by board partners but will also have LHR variants (Example 3080 TUF OC LHR). I am curious if thsi is the case will people in the queues be given the LHR models or have to cancel and re order?

Associate
Watching Gamers Nexus earlier and they said the new LHR cards were announced today. The existing models will remain by board partners but will also have LHR variants (Example 3080 TUF OC LHR). I am curious if thsi is the case will people in the queues be given the LHR models or have to cancel and re order?
I’d imagine they are going to be priced higher and suspect it will be cancel and reorder, as with the msi gaming x scenario

Associate
Watching Gamers Nexus earlier and they said the new LHR cards were announced today. The existing models will remain by board partners but will also have LHR variants (Example 3080 TUF OC LHR). I am curious if this is the case will people in the queues be given the LHR models or have to cancel and re order?

Was thinking the same thing tbh. It would make sense for NVIDIA to make a big push with the LHRs otherwise not much point in spending the already scarce resources making them. Any update @Gibbo with what's happening with the LHRs? Appreciate you may not have anything with the announcement being fresh off the press

Associate
I’d imagine they are going to be priced higher and suspect it will be cancel and reorder, as with the msi gaming x scenario

MSI Gaming Z Trio is currently available on a competitors website (currently 10 available) but for a mighty £1899.99. These are crazy prices and nobody would want to cancel and reorder at those sort of prices.

Associate
I don't know, i thought lower, eventually at least as teh miners will not want them, i am sure they will remain above MRSP for some time yet though

Yesterday a new Linux release of lolminer became available which nerfs the nerf of the 3060. They can now be used with risers (ie in a pci 4 slot) and without the need for a monitor connected or a dummy hdmi plug. This ups their hashing rate to about 3/4 of what would be expected when using the leaked developer driver for Windows 'accidently' released by Nvidia a few weeks ago. The 3060 will now be in even more demand by the miners.

There is no reason to believe this new lolminer wouldn't work on a nerfed 3080 or that one wouldn't quickly be released to support it., so the miners will be grabbing them as quickly as possible, even with the recent dramatic fall in crypto prices.

Technically it is not a new driver but rather lolminer has found a way around the nerf on a few specific recent Nvidia drivers. There are about 4 or 5 actual drivers that lolminer can get around the nerf on. No doubt the other mining programs will also incorporate 'the hack' in the coming days/weeks.

Associate
Er, should be £1k less?

Still a few left if you fancy one. :(

MSRP has no bearing on current prices and they (stores) will sell them for as much as they think the market will bear. Even then they will be snapped up by scalpers and appear of the bay for even higher inflated prices. And those the scalpers don't get the miners will go after.

Soldato
Still a few left if you fancy one. :(

MSRP has no bearing on current prices and they (stores) will sell them for as much as they think the market will bear. Even then they will be snapped up by scalpers and appear of the bay for even higher inflated prices. And those the scalpers don't get the miners will go after.
Maybe 'rebranding' like the Trio Z makes the price-hikes less obvious to unsuspecting punters? What's next the Suprim Y?

Associate
Yesterday a new Linux release of lolminer became available which nerfs the nerf of the 3060. They can now be used with risers (ie in a pci 4 slot) and without the need for a monitor connected or a dummy hdmi plug. This ups their hashing rate to about 3/4 of what would be expected when using the leaked developer driver for Windows 'accidently' released by Nvidia a few weeks ago. The 3060 will now be in even more demand by the miners.

There is no reason to believe this new lolminer wouldn't work on a nerfed 3080 or that one wouldn't quickly be released to support it., so the miners will be grabbing them as quickly as possible, even with the recent dramatic fall in crypto prices.

Technically it is not a new driver but rather lolminer has found a way around the nerf on a few specific recent Nvidia drivers. There are about 4 or 5 actual drivers that lolminer can get around the nerf on. No doubt the other mining programs will also incorporate 'the hack' in the coming days/weeks.
I don't know about that but in the Gamers Nexus video they did state there were hardware changes implemented in the LHR cards and also sadly noted this may also have a negative affect on gaming performance. No more details than that were given but i do wonder how hard it will be to get around this if the LHR is some how hardware based

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I don't know about that but in the Gamers Nexus video they did state there were hardware changes implemented in the LHR cards and also sadly noted this may also have a negative affect on gaming performance. No more details than that were given but i do wonder how hard it will be to get around this if the LHR is some how hardware based
he's purely guessing though since I don't think anybody has had LHR cards for a back to back test yet. from what NV implied they only started to ship to manufacturers last week. Nvidia do seem confident that it's not an easy crack this time.

Back
Top Bottom