• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I'm out of here.
But I'm leaving by a route that I would never have predicted back in October last year.

oCml8O.jpg
An RX 6800 is still a solid card, perfect for 1440p 144hz gaming, if u have a monitor like that

Associate
Is it 4K 144hz? What’s the model? On mine I can play some guys at 4K 144FpS with max settings however it is inconsistent. Some games like apex legends where the FPS drops I change to 1440p and get a constant/stable 144fps. Other games like Fortnite and Warzone I use DLSS 4K so I get around 144-180fps which is pretty good

by low I mean dips under 60 FPS
Other than the ms flight sim and cyberpunk everything else is 144+ On ultra and fine so far
Will see how bf6 goes when it’s released

Associate
Ordered my Strix RTX 3080 OC on the 2nd of October and im in postion 270, hopefully some lucky people in my que managed to get hold of a 3080 TI and i might drop a few pos

Associate
What i dont get is so many PC builders are getting the cards but their is none for the people just buying a card? Like whats the difference? Having a box and a few manuals?? Its a joke, its been so long now!

Last edited:
Associate
What can I do to buy go into queue for 3080 ? Cause I am lost now completely...

Don't bother - I'd strongly recommend racing for an FE in one of the drops every 2-3 weeks.
You might have to go up or down the tree though - 3080s are the sweet spot for buyers. Telegram or Discord groups - or roll your own website monitoring for order now status...

Definitely achievable with a little planning - writing this on a 3090 FE obtained in the drop week before last ;)

Associate
What i dont get is so many PC builders are getting the cards but their is none for the people just buying a card? Like whats the difference?

They are building from SI stock thats sent out differently from anything retail boxed, If you want one buy a prebuilt, if you want just that one bit.......your in the retail end of queue.

TL;DR, those rigs arnt made out of retail boxed stuff.

Associate
Don't bother - I'd strongly recommend racing for an FE in one of the drops every 2-3 weeks.
You might have to go up or down the tree though - 3080s are the sweet spot for buyers. Telegram or Discord groups - or roll your own website monitoring for order now status...

Definitely achievable with a little planning - writing this on a 3090 FE obtained in the drop week before last ;)

Are nvidia dropping FE cards in their website or are they appearing at retailers like OCUK?

Associate
& I just read Gibbos reply to a older post of mine.......................All I can say is Thank you for the heads up, I'll hang in a bit longer & if it happens please open a strange package that turns up at OCuk adressed to "Gibbo" as it will have a 4 pack of some class A Somerset Cider from me in it :p & shortly after youll get some new scores in the benchmarking section (after all isnt that what this forums truly about..........get it, & then bench it to within a inch of its life? , I cannot help but feel MANY have now lost that ethic & its all turned into a eseller retail store ;)

Soldato
& I just read Gibbos reply to a older post of mine.......................All I can say is Thank you for the heads up, I'll hang in a bit longer & if it happens please open a strange package that turns up at OCuk adressed to "Gibbo" as it will have a 4 pack of some class A Somerset Cider from me in it :p & shortly after youll get some new scores in the benchmarking section (after all isnt that what this forums truly about..........get it, & then bench it to within a inch of its life? , I cannot help but feel MANY have now lost that ethic & its all turned into a eseller retail store ;)
Look it ain't Gibbos issue.... loads of of us were hammering the button at 2pm 17 Sept, it was always coming, just not as bad as we thought.

Associate
I was right there f5'ing the *bleep* out of it @ couple mins past 2pm back in september...................my point is now........just how many now have paid back playing the benching game, compared to those that just snagged one & disapeared?

Permabanned
Well if my order ends up not being fullfilled and I get my money back, I might just go with a 6700XT since theres a lot of those in stock and anything is better than a 1070 right now

Associate
Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find my que position.
I normally get emails but as of the last two Friday's I haven't.
So I'm curious where I am now. I'm not in a rush or anything, hell I know I won't be anywhere close but it was nice getting updates occasionally.

Associate
Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find my que position.
I normally get emails but as of the last two Friday's I haven't.
So I'm curious where I am now. I'm not in a rush or anything, hell I know I won't be anywhere close but it was nice getting updates occasionally.

The chap who sends all the emails has been off for two weeks, so no emails, no stock anyway but should be back to abnormal this week! :p

Back
Top Bottom