• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
HI mate, three words, bloody love it!- i had a evga 1080ti before this and that was no slouch, but 3080 is in another league! working my way through varoius games at the min and have been no less impressed - really hoping you get yours soon, hang in there,all the best!:p cant keep away from the forum, addiction is a terrible thing!

I'm running a Strix 1080ti at the mo & like yours was, a stonking card. Hopefully I'll see a similar uplift in performance if & when I get my strix 3080 Non OC! Are you a Battlefield man? BF 2042 when it releases? If so maybe get together & run rings around some noobs. Got to keep it up for the old gits! :cry:

Associate
I'm running a Strix 1080ti at the mo & like yours was, a stonking card. Hopefully I'll see a similar uplift in performance if & when I get my strix 3080 Non OC! Are you a Battlefield man? BF 2042 when it releases? If so maybe get together & run rings around some noobs. Got to keep it up for the old gits! :cry:
just started playing battlefield v and battlefield 1 as a single player though not good enough to be in a multiplayer!, always played with a controller but now am getting to grips with the keyboard and mouse, I am that noob! Nice to hear from you and maybe when my skills improve yes will delve into multiplayer, where are you now in the q any progress? speak soon got to go out on m/ bike while weather is good! speak again, cheers.

Associate
just started playing battlefield v and battlefield 1 as a single player though not good enough to be in a multiplayer!, always played with a controller but now am getting to grips with the keyboard and mouse, I am that noob! Nice to hear from you and maybe when my skills improve yes will delve into multiplayer, where are you now in the q any progress? speak soon got to go out on m/ bike while weather is good! speak again, cheers.

Try BF4 if you get a chance, brilliant game! I'm down to 97. No update yet for this week though.

Associate
cheers, will do, looked at battlefield 1,4 and V and went for 1 and V, plus they were on offer! is battlefield 4 better? knowing my luck I took the red pill! Good that you've gone down a few places, let's hope things are getting a little better now crypto is suffering! :eek:

Associate
Noticed a 3080 Zotac on resell for £1,200 today which is the lowest price I've seen for a while.

Seems like the situation is improving, which is good news indeed.

Another reminder for those who are tempted, to not buy scalped cards at this time to encourage further price drops overall. Hopefully we can get below £1k before September.

or just get an fe card like I did today. Only been looking for a week.

Soldato
or just get an fe card like I did today. Only been looking for a week.
Seem easier to get now.

Saw the alert, added to basket and got to card payment. But oddly I had a moment of hesitation when I went to the bank app to approve and cancelled. I have a 1080ti and don't really play games at the moment. Other hobbies are taking priority.

They are getting easier to find and buy at list price.

I could have bought and resold...but that not me.

Associate
cheers, will do, looked at battlefield 1,4 and V and went for 1 and V, plus they were on offer! is battlefield 4 better? knowing my luck I took the red pill! Good that you've gone down a few places, let's hope things are getting a little better now crypto is suffering! :eek:

If you're looking at getting BF 2042 then BF4 would be the ideal game to hone your skills on as they are similar games albeit with 2042 running on a newer Frostbite engine.

Associate
No. Was just about to ask the same.

Strix 3080 OC queue, no email here either.

So how long do we think before these cards are back to retail prices and have availability - 2-3 months?

I wouldn't get your hopes up for that timeframe. Sure, some parts of the supply chain have been tweaked between crypto weakening and nvidia's advice to AIBs to slow production of 20 series cards to shift more heavily into the 30XX, but the problem at its core is the same as it's always been: semiconductor shortage because of an uptick in demand from both non-enthusiast computer industry because of people working from home and the automotive industry, between the Tesla push and people who can't work from home not being too keen on using public transport during an ongoing plague.

I'm inclined to believe the statements from Nvidia investor calls not long ago that a real 'normal' won't be here until 2022, but I would not be surprised to see a bit of improvement between now and then.

Associate
Now then fellow strangers, hear me out. I'm just trying to see what other people are doing atm and what I should do. I've been in this thread since I ordered on launch day and at first i didn't think I'd have to post but as times gone it's played on my mind.
I originally was only 53rd in queue for a 3080 strix non oc and now I'm 5th ! 5th !!!!!
What do you people suggest I do ?
Only 18 have shipped to date

This gpu for my first pc build, luckily for me I bagged a 1070 before the price hike but while gaming on it I got itchy fingers and bought a scalped 3070oc.

Should I cancel my stix order and be contempt with the 3070 or should I hold out to see if my strix arrives

Soldato
Now then fellow strangers, hear me out. I'm just trying to see what other people are doing atm and what I should do. I've been in this thread since I ordered on launch day and at first i didn't think I'd have to post but as times gone it's played on my mind.
I originally was only 53rd in queue for a 3080 strix non oc and now I'm 5th ! 5th !!!!!

This gpu for my first pc build, luckily for me I bagged a 1070 before the price hike but while gaming on it I got itchy fingers and bought a scalped 3070oc.

Should I cancel my stix order and be contempt with the 3070 or should I hold out to see if my strix arrives
Leave it open unless you need the cash back.

Associate
You should have gone with the OC version..I was 69th on launch day iv had it 6 months, Back then any card was a gamble to get quickish to be fair

I would have but this was my first gpu purchase and I went off what my friend suggested. He said you can always overclock it yourself which I get but originally I was gonna get tuff oc but he flexed on me and said he was getting a strix non oc so I matched what he was getting but as its become apparent the strix non oc must just not be profitable to make or something. The fact only 18 have come in and go blows my mind.

Associate
thanks, will try it, 2042 sounds like it could be the one:) cheers, though always good to have learned advice!​

When it comes to gaming I'm the opposite to you. I only do multiplayer. I cut my teeth on Cod from the first original CoD to the current day. Still think that CoD4 was the best of the franchise with Cod MW 2019 a very close second. Ghosts on the other hand is THE worst CoD! Played BF2 back in the day then progressed to BF3, BF4, BF1(a master peice of a game, very under rated) BF5 was meh! Looking forward to 2042!

Associate

depends on ur monitor. if its a 1440p 144hz monitor i would just stick with the 3070 its more than enough

Associate
When it comes to gaming I'm the opposite to you. I only do multiplayer. I cut my teeth on Cod from the first original CoD to the current day. Still think that CoD4 was the best of the franchise with Cod MW 2019 a very close second. Ghosts on the other hand is THE worst CoD! Played BF2 back in the day then progressed to BF3, BF4, BF1(a master peice of a game, very under rated) BF5 was meh! Looking forward to 2042!
battlefield 4 downloading! cheers:eek:

Back
Top Bottom