• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Look, guys, this is becoming more apparent that something has happened higher up the food chain leading to this. I would put my bets on it being the original reason speculated that it was to do with the production of Samsung's 8nm chips. They're either taking forever to make, or retailers are pretending to get priority and are simply staying quiet since they know once the majority of people realise they won't be getting one this year, it will lose them a LOT of money in sales from cancellations. None of this feels right, to be honest. I've seen some pretty messed up launches, but I've never seen such horrible CS in all parts of the food chain from retailers, board partners, Chip maker, etc. That's how it feels odd, because such little information is getting out, other than this trickling of information about stock levels.

Associate
The same old story, "This happened to a friend of a friend of my friend"

Even screenshot can be manipulated, I bet it is just another troll adding gasoline to the fire.
hopefully, or people are gonna lose their *** Please fully star swearies - EVH **

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I can't get my mine at 1900 on my 3600x. I had vengeance rgb and when turneding pc on it would reset bios all the time. Dunno y. So I brought new ram and donated vengeance rgb to my step daughter 3400g pc for Xmas.
The "spec" before it is considered overclock is 3733Mhz as far as I remember. If you cant run it at 1900Mhz, try 1866Mhz the difference is not noticeable when you tighten the timings. It is not always the RAM's fault, not every chip can hit 3800 IF.

Associate
mvZRlyW.png

He's got no reason to lie, I was speccing him a new build and told him to get a 3080, but he'd be in for a long wait.

I'm in the queue for an Eagle so I'm a bit miffed as well.
In the interest of clearing any doubt, can he also show a screenshot of his order page from OCuk, so that we can see when it's been ordered and delivered?

Associate
I spoke to shop this morning, I felt sorry for the dude that has taken thousands of these calls of people chasing, but he said he had no information for me, and this is the same world wide, and that they are pushing a queue to the website shortly.

He said that it is already ready, so not sure why its not been pushed out yet.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I wonder if when a customer orders the MSI Ventus at £650, they would then have to wait for a batch of '£650' Ventus's while those who ordered the more expensive batches later will get them as they arrive. I dont see why your friend would get the card sooner than those of us who ordered on the 17th.
If that turns out to be true and there is proof then it will not go down well :p

mvZRlyW.png

He's got no reason to lie, I was speccing him a new build and told him to get a 3080, but he'd be in for a long wait.

I'm in the queue for an Eagle so I'm a bit miffed as well.
Maybe can post his invoice or order number to help out people here to see if something shady is going on :)

I am sure there is some kind of mix up and it is not the same model as people saying they ordered before him and still waiting.

Back
Top Bottom