• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
With three great games coming out soon, these 3000 series cards are def needed, especially in my case as I have 1060 Strix OC. Fingers crossed there's an update soon on 3080 Strix OC.

Associate
Only 3 entries have been submitted to the spreadsheet for it, so not much data at all (come on people, submit your queue position), but the third one was a purchase on the 28th with queue position 168, so far from the longest queue, but also not that short, no new data for two weeks, and I'm not sure we've heard of any shipments going out.
I'm in official number 9 for the Aorus Xtreme 3080, no shipments sent out for the card yet. Hopefully I should be in the first batch that gets sent out.

I'm not even sure Gigabyte has an official release date on the card, just sometime in October they said however it's the 11th and no shipments so far. Fingers crossed the card gets here by November.

Associate
Still in 1621 queue position for the Asus Tuf Non-OC (ordered the 24/09/2020 at 17:05), no updates since then. I just hope to get it before the end of November or this year.

Honestly I'm not even expecting to get my card by November. You'll be lucky to see one this year with how many non-OC cards asus are pumping out currently (seemingly zero)

Associate
Looking at all of the info, this is the probable scenario for 1 model of card:
NVIDIA gave a very short development time to the OEMs. Assuming this, production starts 2 weeks before launch. First week is tuning production processes so everything off the line is junk so production really starts 1 week before launch.
OEMs will run a card off the line every 2 minutes when ramped up.
Week 1 ramp up for one card on one line - 5040/wk.
5 weeks from ramp up to now = 25k cards off one line.
If half are stocked for container and half flown it means 12.5k for the global market off one production line from launch to now.
This does not leave a lot for each e/retailer across the world, even if you work out 4 production lines per card.
The scenario of running single cards on multiple lines, limits the SKUs available so this is more likely the scenario.
Looking at container deliveries, it takes around 6 weeks from leaving the factory to get to the e/retailer. With these numbers, you are looking at 2 weeks to fill a container as most will be flown to satisfy demand.
That means the container leaving on 28th Sep so there will be no large deliveries until 9th November earliest.
There is the Maths.

Associate
I'm in official number 9 for the Aorus Xtreme 3080, no shipments sent out for the card yet. Hopefully I should be in the first batch that gets sent out.

I'm not even sure Gigabyte has an official release date on the card, just sometime in October they said however it's the 11th and no shipments so far. Fingers crossed the card gets here by November.

the date for the xtreme and the master was supposed to be the 10th I believe

Associate
I'm running on a friends 970,and although grateful to have a working pc, this thing gets 1500 in time spy... 40fps in cod at lowest settings... It's hurting my soul

ive been working on a cod mw video for weeks now for my pc to go down last night and lose everything, running a 4 year old system 1070 but I get like 60 fps on a good day on lowest settings on cod I just cant wait for my new pc haha

Associate
Out of interest why is the Gigabyte Eagle so popular? I've gone for one because it seems like one of the cheaper options and I've currently got a Gigabyte 1080 I've not had any issues with.

Associate
Now that the Nvidia store has stopped selling FE's and stopped making them available to Europe full stop, it really does show how messed up this launch has been.

I just don't think there will be the new Nvidia or AMD cards in supply before Christmas unless you have bought a queue number...
Yeah it's kind of crazy, thought Nvidia would have kept up the founders edition facade for a little longer but they just flat out gave up already lol.

Associate
Out of interest why is the Gigabyte Eagle so popular? I've gone for one because it seems like one of the cheaper options and I've currently got a Gigabyte 1080 I've not had any issues with.

It was showing as "delivery 23 September" for a good while after launch. Loads of us got taken in by that. Probably 500 at least.

Associate
O.c UK could be clever here. Everyone should be aware bulk buying has cost saving implications in shipping. Perhaps drip feeding just causes frustration with consumer so the collect all the orders keeping people on a hook. One bulk order later happy customers and scrapped more profit off the top. Extra bag of haribo thrown in for damage control

Back
Top Bottom