• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I ordered the TUF non-OC on the 3rd of October and still haven’t received a queue update. Should I be worried?
Nothing to worry about (apart from your long queue position) If your order is in your account, then you are fine. You will probably get an update as soon as they manage to ship some out to customers

Associate
Just preordered a 3070 elsewhere, perhaps can use that and return it with extended holiday returns policy while I wait for OCUK to gimmie my 3080 TUF OC!
Don't you mean a 2070? Hope the return policy works out for you...Got a feeling that might change when they clock on to what's going on!

Associate
Since every single board partner is struggling, including the FE - there aren't any chips. Asus Sweden has said nvidia isn't delivering to them either, they expect to get their chips in November. And then they'd have to produce the cards from that...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/com...?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Bear in mind the post saying "two weeks" was quoted 12 days ago. No idea how long before the quote the original post was, but at any rate we're about due if that's true.

Associate
Considering preorders don't even open for over 2 weeks, I doubt it's going to be a highly respected seller regardless.

pretty much the biggest seller of everything on the planet...

at the end of the day if it is honoured then it will give me something to put in a new rig that has no gpu until 3080s start flowing.

Associate
There will be flying graphics cards by the time these cards arrive :D
They can fly now?! But serious if they could fly and brew coffee simulation it wouldn't that bad of trade off for waiting so long :D
I ordered the TUF non-OC on the 3rd of October and still haven’t received a queue update. Should I be worried?
Mine was placed on 1st Oct after midnight and as you can see I'm 1943.
Maybe you'll get your email monday.

Associate
Exactly this - it was probably what made the decision final for me.

Turns out....a decision based on some very poor, misleading information on a website that couldn't cope. I hadn't realised I should have taken that estimate with a shipping container full of salt until I joined the forum to find out what the hell was happening.

Same. I was looking at several but the Eagle had a relatively short date on it which is why I went for it. Mind you, the alternates I was looking at don't seem to have faired much better, at least at OcUK

Associate
Don't you mean a 2070? Hope the return policy works out for you...Got a feeling that might change when they clock on to what's going on!
Exactly. I can see hundreds if not more with the same idea. Still they can't test them so if you have issues they won't be able to argue. They're stuck and forced to refund. It might make future returns less easy though if they suspect you're using them as a rental company :p

Associate
Yes, be surprised if AMD suffer the same stock issues as NVIDIA. Got to see.... hearing all the rumours about the 20GB variant of the 3080 in December... think it would be wrong to even contemplate releasing yet another SKU until they’ve resolved all the current back orders, and the inevitable back log that the 3070 will bring!!
You "really" think nVidia give a damn, the bottom line is that they currently make a load of positive headlines for releasing a product where "demand exceeds supply" (according to "Jensen Huang", AND they've got a head start on the new consoles and AMD's "Big Navi". Hopefully AMD can get close to 3080 numbers at a cheaper price and give them something to think about, otherwise it's more of the same i.e. "us" as consumers getting "bent over"!

Last edited:
Associate
You "really" think nVidia give a damn, the bottom line is that they currently make a load of positive headlines for releasing a product where "demand exceeds supply" (according to "Jensen Huang", AND they've got a head start on the new consoles and AMD's "Big Navi". Hopefully AMD can get close to 3080 numbers at a cheaper price and give them something to think about, otherwise it's more of the same i.e. "us" as consumers getting "bent over"!
I know what you mean, but a few hundred units worldwide isn't much of a head start!

Back
Top Bottom