• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I suspect there are at least a few people in the queues who have ordered other items on the same order that are not currently in stock so they will get skipped over.
Surely not though, because that's... insane?
It would mean that if their other items come into stock they'd then have to wait for a new shipment of their 3080 card, rendering their place in the queue up to that point basically meaningless.

Associate
Surely not though, because that's... insane?
It would mean that if their other items come into stock they'd then have to wait for a new shipment of their 3080 card, rendering their place in the queue up to that point basically meaningless.
Im not sure many people would risk losing a 3080 in the mayhem that was launch day but i bet there is somebody that put their system in a basket ready so they didn't get stung with multiple delivery charges :)
tbh thats the kind of thing i would do but i wasn't sure where i would get a 3080 from so ordered most of my parts elsewhere with free delivery so was nothing to gain by getting everything from here

Associate
Got to be honest I have been tempted to go to a scalper a few times but will hold off and see what happens. Just want a 3080 for Cyberpunks release.

Associate
That sounds very optimistic unfortunately. Another company that's been a bit more open about stock incoming has TBC for asus (all brands) for this week.

I'm optimistic every day now :rolleyes: deep down i know its unlikely I'll receive this anytime soon but knowing in 24th in the queue isn't helping my impatience.

I'm building my first PC so I cant use it until I can get hold of a ZEN 3 (hopefully better stock than 3080s), but shelling out £650 on a product none of us know when we will receive is frustrating

Associate
If any come up you will be fighting me for them lmfao :p

The 3080 is more than enough for me and i do plenty of graphics and cad work. The fact i'll be able to play games at decent settings is a plus. My last few home office pcs have been intel nucs so anythings a huge step up in graphics. Working from home on a nuc isnt much fun when drawing as great as they are otherwise ;)
Yeah, you, me and everyone else having a virtual scrap! Can't believe we are still doing this a month later :D:p
I do a lot of illustrator and ps work and the 3080 is more than enough for that and play time. I would be happy with a 3070 as well, but we will face that challenge in 10 days.

Associate
Got to be honest I have been tempted to go to a scalper a few times but will hold off and see what happens. Just want a 3080 for Cyberpunks release.
at scalper prices you may aswell grab a 3090 and get a little extra for your money. I'm not quite there yet. I have a promise of a strix from a competitor in november but until i see it i'm going to keep looking. I will get a 3080 before december though im sure :D

Associate
Im not sure many people would risk losing a 3080 in the mayhem that was launch day but i bet there is somebody that put their system in an order ready so they didn't get stung on multiple delivery charges :)
Yeah... I placed my order well after launch day (29th), without quite realising the extent of the ongoing mayhem and included a case in my order as well.

When I realised I wouldn't get the case until I got the card I called up and got them to part-ship it, so I could at least "finish" my build. (Running on the integrated GPU, *shudder*. But it's fine for work.)

But if the case had been out of stock when my 3080 queue number came up I would be absolutely incensed if they didn't hold the card for me!

Associate
I'm optimistic every day now :rolleyes: deep down i know its unlikely I'll receive this anytime soon but knowing in 24th in the queue isn't helping my impatience.

I'm building my first PC so I cant use it until I can get hold of a ZEN 3 (hopefully better stock than 3080s), but shelling out £650 on a product none of us know when we will receive is frustrating

I know the feeling, was 18th. My eyes lit up when a small amount and a very small amount were announced.. Only 12 cards in total.

Associate

I bought all the parts for my first PC build including the 3080 TUF non-OC, not knowing the full extent of this catastrophe of a launch. Now I gotta keep using my poor ol 1060 while i wait :(

Associate

1Q 2021

Associate
I'm likely to hold onto my launch day order until the end of the month. After that I'll cancel. I'm giving Overclockers that time to fulfil my order, after that I will go to another company and suck up having to wait even longer.

I've shopped with OCUK for a while and spent some good money here - historically I've had a great experience but the nonsense with 3080s ETAs (which for me is why I am sooooo ******) and communication plus a not so great experience with another recent transaction his lead me to think I should give them a final chance to make things right. If they don't then they lose my custom moving forward

Associate
I just started a new build 3950x got for £390 new, (know people ;) ) Strix x570 f (future upgrade 5000 series)- so by time mine arrives i might have a fully built ryzen pc, just waiting on another 32 Gb ram vengeance pro and the new Samsung 1tb 4th gen nvme, till then might see the msi x trio 3080 to fit snuggly inside this monster, at the moment i'm using a R9 290x 8Gb vapor X model which i purchased from Overclockers back in 2013! Those fools of people saying 8Gb Vram is stupid pfft... still does fairly decent at 1440p + 1080,
Not sure what monitor to get now MSI 165hz ones i seen, idk i'm sure the nice dweebs on here will give me some ideas!

Associate
I'm likely to hold onto my launch day order until the end of the month. After that I'll cancel. I'm giving Overclockers that time to fulfil my order, after that I will go to another company and suck up having to wait even longer.

I've shopped with OCUK for a while and spent some good money here - historically I've had a great experience but the nonsense with 3080s ETAs (which for me is why I am sooooo ******) and communication plus a not so great experience with another recent transaction his lead me to think I should give them a final chance to make things right. If they don't then they lose my custom moving forward

I'm in the same position, i've been ordering here for about 10 years+ now and this is the worst in the history i've experienced. Paid 30 mins after launch and still **** all information about stock still. Other products have shipped in some quantities......

Associate
I'm in the same position, i've been ordering here for about 10 years+ now and this is the worst in the history i've experienced. Paid 30 mins after launch and still **** all information about stock still. Other products have shipped in some quantities......
Its a real shame, I used to recommend OCUK all the time, to me they were the place to go, even if it meant I had to pay a little more.

I know there are people here are going to say goodbye and stuff, that's fine. I don't follow one company loyally without reservation - its how I am treated that keeps me coming back to a company

Associate
Im not sure many people would risk losing a 3080 in the mayhem that was launch day but i bet there is somebody that put their system in a basket ready so they didn't get stung with multiple delivery charges :)
tbh thats the kind of thing i would do but i wasn't sure where i would get a 3080 from so ordered most of my parts elsewhere with free delivery so was nothing to gain by getting everything from here

That's me!

I put a bunch of things for my new build into my basked ahead of time so that I could just add the 3080 when they went live and skip multiple delivery charges. I've since gone over the required posts for free shipping anyway, but I did ask them to split my order so that I got the rest of the stuff sooner.

I guess I was overly optimistic about getting the 3080 within a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom