• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
So, my VENTUS OC position last week was 56th. I read on the forum that a user who was 53rd had their card shipped, great news! I've recieved two position updates since then and I'm 6th place. How does this work out?

I went from 75 to 25 in the Ventus queue, so 50 places is correct.

Associate
Ventus crew represent!

Ordered on the 17th at 15:16 and sat at 96 for a while now, can a mythical "large" shipment arrive and end my suffering?

Ordered my Ventus at 16:46 and in 256. Didn't see any movement last week other than 6 places due to cancellations. So fingers crossed for at least a shipment this week if nothing else just to get closer.

Associate
Where you guys finding these 3080' and 90's in stock?
no showing as in stock but this retailer only opens pre-orders when stock is incoming so will be a short wait. My friend waited less than a week for his 3080 when he ordered - i got excited before i realised it was 3090s. I cant personally justify the extra cash for one but i know a lot of people are exploring their options :)

Associate
no showing as in stock but this retailer only opens pre-orders when stock is incoming so will be a short wait. My friend waited less than a week for his 3080 when he ordered - i got excited before i realised it was 3090s. I cant personally justify the extra cash for one but i know a lot of people are exploring their options :)

I nearly explored my options when i got notification that the competitor in question had pre-orders for 3090s but both do not have the best reviews and the extra cost decided it for me in the end, a small improvement for double the price put me off.

Associate
Yeah, it's silly money really. I don't see how anyone could justify double the price..Unless it's for professional video editing etc.
They lasted quite a while for pre-order though. Hopefully that's a sign of bigger quantities coming in....Just need it for the 3080 now lol.

Associate
I nearly explored my options when i got notification that the competitor in question had pre-orders for 3090s but both do not have the best reviews and the extra cost decided it for me in the end, a small improvement for double the price put me off.
exactly my thinking. its a lot of extra pennies you could spend elsewhere and imho get more benefit than the gpu performance increase. my friends zotac 3080 has changed my thinking on zotacs. Their 3080s at least have a good feel to them and look good. i can't comment on the palits but they all seem to be much of a muchness atm. Performance on any of them are going to smash the 20s they replace. You can flash the asus tuf bios onto the zotacs using nvflash and get the same performance as the tufs apparently aswell.

Yeah, it's silly money really. I don't see how anyone could justify double the price..Unless it's for professional video editing etc.
They lasted quite a while for pre-order though. Hopefully that's a sign of bigger quantities coming in....Just need it for the 3080 now lol.
If any come up you will be fighting me for them lmfao :p

The 3080 is more than enough for me and i do plenty of graphics and cad work. The fact i'll be able to play games at decent settings is a plus. My last few home office pcs have been intel nucs so anythings a huge step up in graphics. Working from home on a nuc isnt much fun when drawing as great as they are otherwise ;)

Associate
If it's non-OC your update is "no news"
AFAIK ASUS are still only shunting out OC models

The news from the ASUS FB group is that all cards are being produced but are subject to 4 days testing before being sent. This means that although production resumed after golden week, there wouldn't have been any shipments last week so we can only hope these start to arrive this week

Associate
The news from the ASUS FB group is that all cards are being produced but are subject to 4 days testing before being sent. This means that although production resumed after golden week, there wouldn't have been any shipments last week so we can only hope these start to arrive this week

That sounds very optimistic unfortunately. Another company that's been a bit more open about stock incoming has TBC for asus (all brands) for this week.

Back
Top Bottom