• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
That's the point of giving those updates on sc website - to eliminate question and reduce unnecessary traffic going into call centre and to unclog emails. Even if you email or call about order (in my case FE) them they're polite and professional by giving as much information as they can. Also there is nothing to be annoyed at since they update it regularly, including delays. How you can be angry if you know that shipment is indeed incoming and it's delayed due to any of the reasons like dunno bad weather (recent storms for example).

Associate
If Ocuk was doing exactly what the other place with the tables in the UK was doing. I and surely you know these thread wouldn't be anywhere near as large and people annoyed.

Not sure, would people accept no-news-is-news any better with 5 more words a day? The whole thread is just here for us to vent, it literally serves no other purpose. Cards will come when they're made and shipped. Whenever that will be.

Associate
I agree when and again very little of it was given especially that post you spoke of by Gibbo's was good. And that's what we want. But let's be real. If Ocuk was doing exactly what the other place with the tables in the UK was doing. I and surely you know these thread wouldn't be anywhere near as large and people annoyed. Hell that first thread that was hidden of 500 pages wouldn't of been removed. We would still all be on that one less than 500 pages. This one would have never been created. If was was getting what that place gives every day. I would check once a day at 4pm to see both the written update and the change to the tables and that's it. I wouldnt be annoyed at all I swear.
I can't disagree about the amount of info being poor, and even if there wasn't any, it wouldn't take much to say hey guys I've got nothing to tell you. Worse is the presentation. As I showed above once you start to collect it all together there's enough forward orders reported for this week to be ahead of the competition, but unless you wade through a mass of posts, start decoding the numbers, adding them all together and coming up with a final figure you'd never know that.

The table the competitor posts is much much easier to read, but the problem with that is that it tells so very little and it appears to make people believe in things which simply aren't stated in it.

I see that this week OCUK are projecting from the figures provided North of 300 cards, plus anymore which might come in this week why was that figure made so difficult to get at?

Associate
I'm not disagreeing with you that the info here has been poor, but my point is that the information when it is given is better than the competition. Gibbo gave a breakdown of what is going to come into stock, you cannot derive that information from the competitors tables therefore the information given here is of a better quality. Of course if you think I'm wrong all you need do is to post the breakdown of the quanities of MSI cards coming into stock at the competitor this coming week but somehow I think you will resort to insults again because you cannot do that.
Please tell me how OCUK has done better than this.
Competitors name has been removed

26/10/20 - This week we are expecting approximately 305 RTX 3080 and 105 RTX 3090 across all brands with still a few TBC shipments to confirm. The delayed EVGA shipment from last week is expected to arrive today or tomorrow containing RTX 3080 and 3090. As per last Friday's update we did receive a small amount of additional new models that were not originally available for pre-order. These are currently being offered out to customers who purchased the same brand, in queue order from first to last, to the closest possible model by type, and then by price. We ask that customers remain patient and do not contact us to request an alternative model regardless of their queue position. We are working through the list as fairly as possible.

Thank you for your patience and support.

23/10/20 - We have received 5 small shipments today across RTX 3080 and 3090. All of the cards received are new models that were not available for pre-order so currently these do not show in the outstanding pre-order numbers. We are not accepting new orders on these models or any new pre-orders. We will be contacting pre-order customers of the same brand in queue order to offer these cards as an alternative over the next few days. Please do not contact xxxxxxx to change your order.
The expected EVGA shipment for this week is delayed until 26th - 28th.

22/10/20 - Today we have added 7 new confirmed shipments across RTX 3080 and 3090. No new shipments have arrived today up to point of this update. This week we are still expecting shipments from EVGA, GIGABYTE, PALIT and ZOTAC for both RTX 3080 and 3090. We are working hard to confirm the TBC shipments as soon as we can.

21/10/20 - We have received an extra shipment from MSI today and these products will be shipping out tonight. We are still expecting shipments from EVGA, GIGABYTE and ZOTAC for both 3080 and 3090 this week. We continue to chase down the outstanding TBC shipments to give you the best information we can.

20/10/20 - Today we have received shipments from ASUS and MSI for both RTX 3080 and 3090. We will be shipping these out by the end of the day. On top of those we have also added 6 new confirmed shipments to the tables from EVGA, GIGABYTE & ZOTAC covering this week and next week. We continue to chase down the outstanding TBC shipments to give you the best information we can.

19/10/20 - As expected there were no new deliveries over the weekend so the outstanding pre-orders only reflects any cancellations. We have confirmed deliveries of RTX 3080 and 3090 arriving for EVGA, MSI and ZOTAC. We are trying to confirm all TBCs as soon as possible.

16/10/20 - We have now confirmed that all shipments for this week have arrived and have updated the table to reflect this. We are working hard to confirm the outstanding TBC shipments for next week with the brands and will update the FAQ as soon as we have more information.

Please be aware that it was Golden week from 1st-7th October and that this affected delivery quantities on week commencing 12th October. See FAQ for more info.

15/10/20 - Yesterday evening we received shipments from GIGABYTE, PALIT and ZOTAC for RTX 3080 as well as ASUS, PALIT and ZOTAC for RTX 3090 which leaves us with no more confirmed shipments arriving this week. We are working as hard as we can to confirm any outstanding TBC shipments.

14/10/20 - Today we are shipping EVGA RTX 3080, this week we are still expecting arrival of RTX 3080 from GIGABYTE, PALIT and ZOTAC, as well as RTX 3090 from ASUS, PALIT and ZOTAC. We will be providing current queue positions or ETAs via email before the end of the day. We are working hard to confirm the outstanding TBC shipments and will update the table each day with the latest information.

13/10/20 - Last night we received our EVGA RTX 3080 shipment for this week along with the delayed MSI RTX 3080 & 3090 shipments too. We are still expecting RTX 3080 shipments from GIGABYTE, PALIT & ZOTAC along with RTX 3090 Shipments from ASUS, EVGA, PALIT & ZOTAC this week. As per last week we will be sharing updated queue positions or ETAs to all pre-order customers by the end of day on Wednesday. We appreciate your patience while we send out the most up to date information we have.

12/10/20 - As expected there were no new deliveries arrived over the weekend so the outstanding pre-orders only reflects any cancellations. We have confirmed deliveries of RTX 3080 arriving for EVGA, GIGABYTE, PALIT & ZOTAC along with RTX 3090 from ASUS, EVGA, PALIT & ZOTAC for this week. We are trying to confirm all TBCs as soon as possible.

09/10/20 - The Expected MSI RTX 3090 shipment has arrived. We will be shipping these out to customers today. We have been informed by ASUS that we can expect a delivery of RTX 3090 next week, and have added this to the table. As there are no further updates on deliveries for this week the next FAQ page update will be on Monday 12th October.

08/10/20 - There was only one delivery of EVGA RTX 3080 yesterday so the change in the other outstanding pre-orders are from cancellations only. We have also been able to get some more information about expected deliveries for this week and next week and have update the table accordingly. We are still expecting a delivery of MSI RTX 3090 this week but we have been informed of a delay to the expected MSI RTX 3080 deliveries due in next week. We have now added WC 19thOctober to the table, although we only have limited information for now and will add more info as we get it. As always we want to be completely transparent and we are doing everything possible to satisfy pre orders.

07/10/20 - Last night we started to share customer queue positions for RTX 3080 & 3090 via email. We are continuing to send these emails throughout today and expect that everyone will have had their position before 15:30 as promised yesterday. We have also updated the delivery Schedule table with the latest information. The changes today are small due to the late update yesterday which had already taken into account most of the deliveries from that day and the day before. We are still expecting some deliveries this week from EVGA on 3080 and MSI on 3090.

06/10/20 - Over the next 24 hours we will be sharing customers pre-order queue positions for RTX 3080 & 3090 via email. If your pre-order will be in the next batch delivered to xxxxxxx you will be given a estimated delivery date based on its ETA. Please be aware that ETAs are an estimate and can change or be delayed within the delivery chain. This information will be updated weekly via email going forward until we have shipped all of the existing pre-orders. We are also adding a column to our FAQ page table to show the current number of pre-orders per brand. This way you will be able to see how deliveries are affecting the current pre-order status.

This is the correct way to do it. Just coz the tables doesn't show each model. They still give far better info in the daily texts posts. No one who isn't a hardcore ocuk fan boy, staff or mods. Can say they wouldnt prefer this sort of communication over what we get.

Last edited:
Associate
This thread turns into mayhem when Gibbo doesn't update the thread. Competitor is expecting 300 cards this week alone. 60% of what OC has shipped since September.

Associate
This thread turns into mayhem when Gibbo doesn't update the thread. Competitor is expecting 300 cards this week alone. 60% of what OC has shipped since September.

No thats clearly wrong there is no way that a competitor will ship that many compared to OCUK. Do you not know that OCUK is luckily one of the biggest suppliers of computer hardware in the UK means they can almost guarantee they will receive allocation before anyone else.......... ;)

Associate
No thats clearly wrong there is no way that a competitor will ship that many compared to OCUK. Do you not know that OCUK is luckily one of the biggest suppliers of computer hardware in the UK means they can almost guarantee they will receive allocation before anyone else.......... ;)
God damn! Of course, they use the amount of backorders as leverage to secure more stock :)

Associate
Lmfao. I see you ☺️
Let's be real they really should remove that quote from the status page on website.

Associate

Come on, if you're going to quote something at least quote it fairly and in context especially as in this case the information is readily available. This amount is double that which they have shipped in any previous week, and it's looking like it is probably a smaller amount than OCUK are exepecting to receive.

Associate
Come on, if you're going to quote something at least quote it fairly and in context especially as in this case the information is readily available. This amount is double that which they have shipped in any previous week, and it's looking like it is probably a smaller amount than OCUK are exepecting to receive.
I'm just looking at the numbers. We shall see how much OC ship this week, I hope it's more for all our sakes.

Associate
I think Overclockers will have the most stock by christmas for sure. Maybe they bet on long term rather than the launch peroid scrabble, which explains smaller batches than competitors.

Permabanned
Considering 10s of 1000s of posts in the 500 pages that was removed and the 740 pages on the thread most unhappy with the lack of communication. So yes 1000s

Even some of the other mods have given up trying to help and agreed the information and lack of it wasn't right. And where daily asking for more clearer info for us, giving feedback to the shop which feel on deaf ears.
Well could You pointy us to fourms where people from COMPETITORS can post about updates on theirs orders ??

Permabanned
So 100 TUFs this week if we are lucky, than 150 in two-weeks time. Then another 150 before Christmas. It will move me to 670th position in a queue. Than new year delivery 150. Then New Year in China, 100 more delivered in april. June, july and I will finally get my TUF, might as well wait for 4 series launch day, buy myself nice little bot and bobs my uncle.

Back
Top Bottom