• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Sorry about the misinformation on COVID, I never meant to mislead anyone, it just came up in a discussion with some friends last night. With how pessimistic I am about the situation, I just took it as fact, because any more bad news wouldn't surprise me. At least it's not as bad as what my friend said at the time, who predicted that this would last "another 10 years", which is just too much.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm seeing a few competitors list various Gigabyte cards as "coming soon", so hopefully OCUK will have some soon too? I mean, it doesn't help my situation, having an Asus non-OC TUF on order (RIP), but it'll be good news for some people, at least

Soldato
Sorry about the misinformation on COVID, I never meant to mislead anyone, it just came up in a discussion with some friends last night. With how pessimistic I am about the situation, I just took it as fact, because any more bad news wouldn't surprise me. At least it's not as bad as what my friend said at the time, who predicted that this would last "another 10 years", which is just too much.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm seeing a few competitors list various Gigabyte cards as "coming soon", so hopefully OCUK will have some soon too? I mean, it doesn't help my situation, having an Asus non-OC TUF on order (RIP), but it'll be good news for some people, at least
Yeah the shop that’s a famous spicy food has the 5-11 as the available date

Associate
The one that has physical stores? Trust NOTHING that they say. Think OCUK's relationship with Nvidia is less than optimum? That particular retailer has to BEG for credit and stock allocations at the moment. And I haven't checked in a while but they were showing the cards as 'in stock' but once you get to the checkout you realise looking at the estimated delivery date that there is no stock and they're trying to trick people into pre-ordering to try to get some money in the bank.

Associate
The most effective way to stop the virus from spreading is practicing social distancing AND WEARING THE BLOODY MASK CORRECTLY. The amount of people I see wearing their masks with their noses poking out makes me irrationally angry. I'd rather see people not wearing masks at all.

Soldato
The most effective way to stop the virus from spreading is practicing social distancing AND WEARING THE BLOODY MASK CORRECTLY. The amount of people I see wearing their masks with their noses poking out makes me irrationally angry. I'd rather see people not wearing masks at all.
And not changing masks, but this is a topic for the covid forum

Associate

well said

Associate
I totally get that. I’m the same. If you’re going to do something then do it properly lol

Associate
Have people who ordered a strix oc had their queue updates from Friday?

I did get one earlier in the week when they had a few cards arrive so maybe we don’t get one on a Friday if we’ve already had one earlier in the week?

I’m always just curious I suppose to see if anyone has cancelled

Associate

Just to point out, this shop didn't list any of their 3070s on their store. Instead they put them on the auction site as buy it now for RRP, they were gone in literally seconds. I was trying to help my friend get one, they had 6 Gigabytes, I pressed buy they had zero gigabytes, and then about 20 mins later there were 4 scalped gigabytes listed.

I'm sure you've also noticed that if you don't have a location set it states all cards are available for collection. I've been in store and confirmed this is wrong, so I don't trust their stock monitoring either.

Don't trust the spicy food.

Associate
unknown.png

I do hope those of us who didn't get the Watchdogs and Geforce Now promotion, due to limited number, will be honoured with this.

Associate
"Today we have received shipments from EVGA and GIGABYTE along with part of the expected MSI shipment. As these have only arrived late this afternoon we are still processing the stock so currently the outstanding pre-orders for these brands may not reflect the final number. We will be shipping these cards out to customers over the next 24 hours and will update the total outstanding pre-orders list on Monday. This also means that for now we will not be sending out updated queue positions for these shipments until Monday. "

This is from a competitor site, on their DAILY update.

Meanwhile we get a few vague comments about 'most' cards arriving, and any specific mention of EVGA blames the distributors.

I know posting this doesnt achieve anything... but I'd love to understand the real reason that the EVGA queue at OcUK hasn't moved.

Associate
Have people who ordered a strix oc had their queue updates from Friday?

I did get one earlier in the week when they had a few cards arrive so maybe we don’t get one on a Friday if we’ve already had one earlier in the week?

I’m always just curious I suppose to see if anyone has cancelled
nope they didnt bother

Associate
"Today we have received shipments from EVGA and GIGABYTE along with part of the expected MSI shipment. As these have only arrived late this afternoon we are still processing the stock so currently the outstanding pre-orders for these brands may not reflect the final number. We will be shipping these cards out to customers over the next 24 hours and will update the total outstanding pre-orders list on Monday. This also means that for now we will not be sending out updated queue positions for these shipments until Monday. "

This is from a competitor site, on their DAILY update.

Meanwhile we get a few vague comments about 'most' cards arriving, and any specific mention of EVGA blames the distributors.

I know posting this doesnt achieve anything... but I'd love to understand the real reason that the EVGA queue at OcUK hasn't moved.

You and me both. I am starting to suspect that even with more than 800 orders for that brand at unnamed main competitor outstanding that there’s a chance I could get one from there, after they’ve cleared them all, sooner than I will get one from here at queue position 71. It’s insane.

Back
Top Bottom