• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Haha you're not wrong my friend. Competitor was expecting a large delivery of MSI cards on Friday. Had an e mail that confirmed the delivery would even cover my order.. Haven't heard a thing, pretty sure Overclockers were expecting a large MSI shipment as well. No idea what's going on.
germany hijacked the shipment judging by the amount that popped up there in the last week alone.

Associate
Wanna hear my Sunday morning tin foil hat theory? :D

[tinfoil] I think they have sold a LOT of cards at the original price, my Eagle was sold at £649 for example. I think that they had only secured a small number at that price, but were unable to change it on the website fast enough because of the issues. So....I think that is not too much of a stretch to imagine that they are going to lose a lot of money on those first round of cards that they have to sell at retail, although they are going to have to pay a higher price for. So either their margin will be obliterated - or in the worst case, lose money.

And this is where the tin hat bit comes in.....what would happen if you delayed those cards so much that people lost patience and cancelled them? New orders would then be at the adjusted price.... Hmmmmm

I am sure that this is all fiction in my head - but with the purposeful shroud of mist over any meaningful information....people are going to speculate as to why OCUK seem to be so inept. [/tinfoil]

Associate
Not EAGLES one scalped for 1100 quid feel free to buy it :)
don't you want a bald eagle. must be much faster with a haircut :)
Wanna hear my Sunday morning tin foil hat theory? :D

[tinfoil] I think they have sold a LOT of cards at the original price, my Eagle was sold at £649 for example. I think that they had only secured a small number at that price, but were unable to change it on the website fast enough because of the issues. So....I think that is not too much of a stretch to imagine that they are going to lose a lot of money on those first round of cards that they have to sell at retail, although they are going to have to pay a higher price for. So either their margin will be obliterated - or in the worst case, lose money.

And this is where the tin hat bit comes in.....what would happen if you delayed those cards so much that people lost patience and cancelled them? New orders would then be at the adjusted price.... Hmmmmm

I am sure that this is all fiction in my head - but with the purposeful shroud of mist over any meaningful information....people are going to speculate as to why OCUK seem to be so inept. [/tinfoil]
people at the front wont cancel easily. it will be the people at the back. If they have the stock then its better to get the queue down and make up some of that reduced profit. Even with AIB price increases the selling price will likely still give a profit. Just not as much as they would like ;)

Associate
Back from a soft forum ban, damn competitor rules. Fingers crossed that the ASUS TUF 3080 non-oc is one of those cards included in next weeks delivery.

Took a huge leap in the queue from 23rd to 22nd. Buzzing

Associate
don't you want a bald eagle. must be much faster with a haircut :)

people at the front wont cancel easily. it will be the people at the back. If they have the stock then its better to get the queue down and make up some of that reduced profit. Even with AIB price increases the selling price will likely still give a profit. Just not as much as they would like ;)

I'm at queue position 79 now - but I was at 93 when the queue email started. That's 14 people before me (that would have had the cheaper price) that have cancelled already. And there's some confusion that there may have been 5 more cancellations when closely looking at the queue positions on Friday.
So definitely they wouldn't lose money on those 14 - and potentially 19 cards at the original price. And that's just the Eagles - I am sure the same happened across the board.

Associate
Well, cancelled my Gigabyte OC Gaming 3080, anyone further than 350 in the queue gets a bump from me! Treated myself to a 3070 ROG Strix OC from the helpful place, cheaper than OC and giving actual delivery dates...yay!

Associate
Question, I have a Asus 3080 Strix OC on order, number 201 in the queue, so don’t expect to see that this side of Xmas. Don’t have a functional graphics card now as my ageing 1070 just died. I play at 1440p. I can order a ASUS Strix 3070 OC from a competitor which I could get hopefully middle of November. OR I’ve found a 3080 EVGA XC3 Ultra for about £150 over the UK price in stock (not gonna say where). I have the funds, but just unsure whether to go 3070 or 3080. What would you do.

Associate
I'm at queue position 79 now - but I was at 93 when the queue email started. That's 14 people before me (that would have had the cheaper price) that have cancelled already. And there's some confusion that there may have been 5 more cancellations when closely looking at the queue positions on Friday.
So definitely they wouldn't lose money on those 14 - and potentially 19 cards at the original price. And that's just the Eagles - I am sure the same happened across the board.

I got mine for 649 too and I was originally 279, now 245. So that's 34 of the low margin cards cancelled so far. Think quite a few after me were also 649, at least 70-80 because it was stilll 649 20 minutes after I bought at 3.13.

Edit Would also add that quite a few jumped from the eagle queue to others when it became apparent that we weren't getting the cards on the 23rd September. That is, they changes before the 1st queue positions. In excess of 50 low margin cards are now not ordered at least.

Last edited:
Associate
Question, I have a Asus 3080 Strix OC on order, number 201 in the queue, so don’t expect to see that this side of Xmas. Don’t have a functional graphics card now as my ageing 1070 just died. I play at 1440p. I can order a ASUS Strix 3070 OC from a competitor which I could get hopefully middle of November. OR I’ve found a 3080 EVGA XC3 Ultra for about £150 over the UK price in stock (not gonna say where). I have the funds, but just unsure whether to go 3070 or 3080. What would you do.

FWIW, I'm in exactly the same boat as you, play at 1440p and have decided that the 3070 ROG Strix OC (From the same place as the one you've seen I'm sure!) will be more than enough. I'm pretty sure I will CPU bottleneck it anyway until I upgrade, so a 3080 will be overkill for me.

Associate
Back from a soft forum ban, damn competitor rules. Fingers crossed that the ASUS TUF 3080 non-oc is one of those cards included in next weeks delivery.

Took a huge leap in the queue from 23rd to 22nd. Buzzing

You're in a much better position than I was at 950 something, but there's no way the non OC cards come this year, even that low down the line.

Associate
I think the smart thing to do as of now is to hang on to your place in line and wait a few more weeks until the big navi release. Whatever you do, DONT pay the scalpers price. These people have no morals. Just wait a few more weeks, you won’t explode, I promise.

Associate
all these telegram offers are in the region of 800- 900 quid though some 1000
been on there a week or 2 they are poping up regulary though worth a look if you desperate

There was £700 EVGAs up the other day. I got a 3080 FE the minute it became available last week thanks to the NVIDIA discord. A link was posted that allowed a lot of people to bypass the NVIDIA website altogether.

Associate
For those who have received their card, did you have a watchdog redeem code in the box? I could not find mine.
Or is there a process to do, like register the card somewhere to unlock the coupon?

Back
Top Bottom