• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I have waited over 8 days for a Paypal refund before. I am surprised that it has taken you this longs with a merchant like OCUK.

Just came in now after I queried it with Paypal. Ended up losing about €30 on the exchange rate from the time I bought it to the time I got the refund. Damn Boris Johnson and Brexit. :)
Back to browsing Irish sites to see if any will ever sell the 3080.

Associate
How much should I be looking to pay for one?
I saw a place selling them for around 390 about 3 weeks ago, loads of them - they were clearing off stock.
Most of thats gone now. Dont spend too much trying to get good performance, the 3080 kills all of that.
Get a 1080 GTX = 1660TI = 980TI for around 200-250 quid and put up with it.

Associate
I saw a place selling them for around 390 about 3 weeks ago, loads of them - they were clearing off stock.
Most of thats gone now. Dont spend too much trying to get good performance, the 3080 kills all of that.
Get a 1080 GTX = 1660TI = 980TI for around 200-250 quid and put up with it.
I should have kept hold of my 970 i didn’t expect this launch to be so terrible then again it’s my first launch for a gpu or are they always like this?

Associate
I should have kept hold of my 970 i didn’t expect this launch to be so terrible then again it’s my first launch for a gpu or are they always like this?
hold on - do not buy into the gravy train of old cards even if they are new, the deed is done if you sold your card. Learn for next time, keep the card you have. Any card now is terrible value until you get your hands on a 3080 for 700 quid or so.

Associate
Gotta love these situations where every party in the process knows they can't deliver on what they're promising because it's a finite product but no one wants to lose face so they all just pretend things are gonna be great until it becomes too apparent that they're not and then everyone starts talking about how no one saw the demand coming after hyping the product like crazy weeks before launch.

Associate
Gotta love these situations where every party in the process knows they can't deliver on what they're promising because it's a finite product but no one wants to lose face so they all just pretend things are gonna be great until it becomes too apparent that they're not and then everyone starts talking about how no one saw the demand coming after hyping the product like crazy weeks before launch.
As someone with a very basic understanding of supply and demand just from general life experience it baffles me how everyone acts like they weren't expecting this level of demand. This is the best GPU line Nvidia has launched in years and it would surely greatly surpass the 2080. Maybe the demand is truly ludicrous I've not seen the data so can't say for sure just how much demand there is.

I mean at some point you've can't even hold the stock to meet the demand. OCUK probably doesn't even have enough warehouse space for thousands of GPUs on top of regular stock even if there was magical supply.

Associate
If anyone is interested in some non-information, here's my reply from ASUS when I asked them if they're even making non-OC TUF cards

This doesn't even answer your question. The last few stock from ASUS have been TUF OC versions. An earlier responce from ASUS said that the 2 are being produced in equal number - where are the Non-OC versions and why are none being sent with the stock?

Back
Top Bottom