• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Tul

Tul

Associate
Hi Everyone.
I was 25th in the queue for the Zotac Trinity OC 3080 and just got my dispatch email.
I wish you all the best of luck over the next weeks

Associate
So.. I know I'm asking this in overclockers.co.uk - but why are mere clockers like my order (TUF not TUF OC) not being serviced as quickly? Or is that just a rumour?

Associate
On the how many Gigabyte Gaming OCs shipped topic the spreadsheet suggests @BountyNunes was at number 8 on that list. Hopefully they see the tag notification and could let us know if they had one shipped?

@SGz_Eliminated was 18, so I guess we know its less than that.

Im 8th and so far no news. No shipment notice, going up the Q info or really anything. Just waiting I guess. But Im pumped af haha

Cheers

Associate
Whip up the hype-beast and then dribble stock out into the market and coordinate this highly controlled product distribution through all vendors. Does this not stink to high-heaven of a cartel?

Colour me "recreational" as opposed to pure "addict", but if I can't put a product in my basket and get next day delivery then the product might as well not exist and I'm sure as heck no going to pre-order. Sure, I'd love a 3080 but I don't need it that bad. As Steve from GN said "it's not food and water".

I don't buy this whole "unprecedented demand" BS. It's only unprecedented as a measurement of demand vs stock, and if stock is kept artificially low and controlled it protects over-inflated margins. No, this is garbage and I don't buy it (quite literally), I'm not getting involved, and I would suggest others do likewise. Some Youtubers have effectively boycotted reviews of these products until there is general availability, and I have to whole heartedly agree and totally support that.

I know what it takes to scale up asic production, what it costs and what the impact is to other product lines that you're already producing. Samsung making these chips is out of the norm for Nvidia ... I wonder why? I'll tell you why, because working with a new vendor/foundry doesn't impact existing product pipelines and it keeps them honest and untainted from this type of manipulation. I'll wager they're sitting on a mountain of this chips which they'll just keep dribbling out.

Anyway, as it stand I already bought my last Nvidia product and I don't see another Nvidia card coming near my rig for the foreseeable, unless this gets resolved before the end of October, otherwise I call Shenanigans. Is this really how you treat brand loyalty, or new-comers to your brand after you effectively crushed your competition and took their customers?

Associate
For anyone eyeing the Gigabyte Vision OC, or just curious.
I was originally in position 38, my order date being 26/09/2020.
Received the queue update today, confirming my position was moved to 24.
Looks like the Gigabyte shipment was indeed 'small'.

Associate
Asked if they can give me a rough estimate of the amount stock they are sending will let you know if they reply.

Well I have moved down the list for an ASUS Tuf OC 3080 from last week seven... that's 7 places. So assuming no one has cancelled in front of me that infers they recieved 7 cards.

Associate
For anyone eyeing the Gigabyte Vision OC, or just curious.
I was originally in position 38, my order date being 26/09/2020.
Received the queue update today, confirming my position was moved to 24.
Looks like the Gigabyte shipment was indeed 'small'.
Can confirm, I was 36th, now 22nd as of update email.

Tul

Tul

Associate
Hi Everyone.
I was 25th in the queue for the Zotac Trinity OC 3080 and just got my dispatch email.
I wish you all the best of luck over the next weeks

I’m surprised no one else has posted before me that theirs has shipped. There must have been an OK amount come in today

Back
Top Bottom