• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hey all,

I understand you're frustration, I'm trying to deliver as much info as I can so you have a rough understanding of what's being shipped.

I warned everyone at the start, that this would probably lead to people being disappointed and also warned not to get your hopes up. I get that you want what you have ordered but there is a lot of different factors to this situation, many of which I have tried to explain in detail on other posts here in the last few weeks.

GIGABYTE are in the same situation as everyone else, OCUK are also in a similar position along with other retailers.

Please do not use the information I am providing against OCUK or their staff.

I get many of you have been waiting a long time for your orders, I understand why this would make you upset in most cases, I am trying to let you all know estimated shipment dates and I will update you again ASAP.

@GIGA-Man Thanks for the information. I have bought quite a lot of Gigabyte stuff over the years. Of the 8 PCs in this office, 6 have gigabyte motherboards for instance. I have always found you a reliable company which is why I wanted a gigabyte 3080 for my son. I have been regretting this over the last few weeks as we were being told that you are not sending any 3080s to OC.

Over the past few weeks 5 gaming OC and 1 (yes 1!) aorus card have been dispatched and nothing else from gigabyte. Correct me if I am wrong anyone if I have missed any. If you sent any more than that they have disappeared into the ether. We have been expecting Eagles, not a single eagle has been dispatched since launch! We seem like the only place who have not received eagles, but you say that what you told us would be delivered has been and that there have been weekly deliveries?

Can you tell us what models have been delivered since mid October please and an approximation of how many of each.

For your approximations maybe use Gibbo's code below.

Very small = Less than 10 units
Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units
Very large = 100+
Dream = 250+

Thanks again

Associate
Yeah id agree its not a looker but looks aren't that important to me, i have a Eagle on preorder here and thats pretty ugly imo too. It was however slightly more then i wanted to pay for a card, but with the second lockdown and Brexit coming id prefer to have it in hand sooner rather then later.
Exactly this - I know this is heresy, but the PC is under the desk and I never look at it - the card could like like a badgers todger for all I care - so long as it does what it's meant to without exploding.

Associate
Exactly this - I know this is heresy, but the PC is under the desk and I never look at it - the card could like like a badgers todger for all I care - so long as it does what it's meant to without exploding.

Agreed, I take my PC out every few weeks to clean, apart from that I never see it and don't care what it looks like. PNY ordered from competitor, just waiting for shipping confirmation.

Associate
Nothing wrong with that.

What do you use? Compressed air? I like to use a paintbrush but always worry about static build up.
On the filters I use compressed air and a small brush, on the components themselves I use compressed air, paper towels w/ rubbing alcohol and q tips

Associate
Look at the dates something wrong there. Very strange.
JyMl0iK.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/JyMl0iK.jpg
JyMlyUR.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/JyMlyUR.jpg
JyMloZx.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/JyMloZx.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
PNY preorders on competitor are down again, seems like they stop pre orders when they have reached their allocation limit so they can actually fulfill orders. Fancy that eh?

Back
Top Bottom