• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I've been on the discord and telegram for over a month now, have wasted dozens of hours, have bought 2 cards only to have them cancelled next day, still waiting on refund, and have had the FE right through to OTP twice only to have my basket emptied. It is not as easy as your making out, especially if you are even a little bit fussy about the card you want and the price you want to pay.

Agreed. I am happy to sit and hope that 870 people get bored and cancel.
If it stays like this until January I might jump ship and get the TI if it is released????

Associate
If you only ordered last week and are not happy with the queue position etc. then just cancel and get a full refund.

No need to stay in the queue feeling upset about it, just refund and go hunting on Discord, it really isn't that hard to pick up a 3080 if you can put a little time in...

Yes I can do that, however me having that option doesn't excuse OC poor business practices and that's the point here. Had they been transparent with the situation I wouldn't be in a position where I have to deal with a refund process on top of hunting for a card (which I am currently doing).

Associate
...especially if you are even a little bit fussy about the card you want and the price you want to pay.

Being fussy about price in the middle of a global stock shortage will be the main problem.

MSRP is not something you can expect to achieve until there is an excess of stock in channel and aiming for that will mean you have some time to wait.

The FE drops do continue though and while 3080 is harder to get, 3070 has become pretty easy.

Associate
it really isn't that hard to pick up a 3080 if you can put a little time in...

Not true,
Being fussy about price in the middle of a global stock shortage will be the main problem.

MSRP is not something you can expect to achieve until there is an excess of stock in channel and aiming for that will mean you have some time to wait.

The FE drops do continue though and while 3080 is harder to get, 3070 has become pretty easy.

When I say fussy about the price that means no more than £800 for a card that should be 650, and no more than 900 for a card that should cost 800 - we aren't talking really fussy, I just wont pay scalper prices. If I wanted to spend £900 on a ventus, there's one 10miles away on gumtree.

Loyal customers are here to stay. It's just the entitled newcomers moaning and whinging, they are here because only OCUK offered pre-orders at RRP.

I think you underestimate the damage this has done, I've heard of many long term customers claiming they won't be returning, and if peoples reviews on TrustPilot are to be believed then add them to the list also, I've purchased 100% of my components here for well over a decade, I'll be shopping elsewhere in future, and that has nothing to do with "entitlement", Overclockers are just scared to put their 'junk' on the table in case they fall short, which is why they've chosen to be so cryptic.

Last edited:
Associate
Just so everyone's aware, the discord server that's been mentioned in this thread several times is a great way out of this farce. I've only been on the server for 48 hours and last night I managed to snag a Zotac amp holo for delivery next week.

I really feel for the people who got in at the early prices and need to hold the line, but for everyone else this torture doesn't need to go on until next spring. Godspeed.
I may have got one of those cards also, received a confirmation email, and have been charged but my account states there is a problem with your order, please contact us. I assume as it is a preorder status it automatically generates that message. I am curious though does your account show the same thing?

Associate

Well, we will have to differ on that one, I picked up my 3080FE within 3 days of starting on the Discord path and I've since coached 2 friends on the same path and they have also got the cards they wanted.

It isn't a solution for everyone and staying in the queue is perfectly understandable, especially if you were a day one order at MSRP, but with a little time and the ability to respond quickly, it does deliver results.

Associate

Not true,

When I say fussy about the price that means no more than £800 for a card that should be 650, and no more than 900 for a card that should cost 800 - we aren't talking really fussy, I just wont pay scalper prices. If I wanted to spend £900 on a ventus, there's one 10miles away on gumtree.

Agreed. And for me, it's not just those factors either I have a system already built with a distroplate so whatever card I buy I need to be able to get a water block for it and ideally from EK which really limits my choices. There are a number of cards like Gigabyte they just don't make them for.

Associate
Well, we will have to differ on that one, I picked up my 3080FE within 3 days of starting on the Discord path and I've since coached 2 friends on the same path and they have also got the cards they wanted.

It isn't a solution for everyone and staying in the queue is perfectly understandable, especially if you were a day one order at MSRP, but with a little time and the ability to respond quickly, it does deliver results.

That's just luck, I was on that same FE in an instant, like 1000 others. Congrats though, and enjoy. Happy for you.

EDIT: I'm not trying to discourage people about the drops - everyone should do that. Just don't think it's gonna be easy. Just trying to give people realistic expectations.

Last edited:
Associate
I may have got one of those cards also, received a confirmation email, and have been charged but my account states there is a problem with your order, please contact us. I assume as it is a preorder status it automatically generates that message. I am curious though does your account show the same thing?

No, mine doesn't say anything like that. My status is still "order placed"

Associate
I think you underestimate the damage this has done, I've heard of many long term customers claiming they won't be returning, and if peoples reviews on TrustPilot are to be believed then add them to the list also, I've purchased 100% of my components here for well over a decade, I'll be shopping elsewhere in future, and that has nothing to do with "entitlement", Overclockers are just scared to put their 'junk' on the table in case they fall short, which is way they've chosen to be so cryptic.
4.1 is not a bad score when compared to John Lewis, Currys, Amazon, etc. which hover around 2. People will look back and realise that this situation was engineered by NVIDIA, AMD and AIBs, but etailers on the frontline ended up taking the flak.

Associate
I paid way over RRP for a card last week with OC and I doubt I'll get it anytime soon. Had OC placed a table on their website like other competitors stating how many back orders they have for that card (because it is not a preorder, it's clearly a back order) I wouldn't have considered a pre order with OC since I would then know it would be a very long wait.

So please don't call those with very valid grievances whiners and moaners, OC wasn't correct in stating they are the best suited place to guarantee stock thanks to their size, while hiding behind a lack of transparency so they could take the money from unsuspecting possible customers like me. It is not an ethical way of doing business.

Exactly this. People who say they are loyal to OC, are you not just stupid at this point? Loyalty gets you nothing when the company couldn't care less. Won't be getting anymore of my business and I've made a fair few orders with them, but this is a joke.

They don't even bother updating the official stock update thread with cards that are coming in anymore, mysterious batch of 40+ MSI Trios that came in and shipped yesterday was not mentioned anywhere. Absolutely abysmal communication. Should be getting worse flack than they are on trustpilot tbh.

Last edited:
Associate
Card: Zotac 3080 Trinity (non OC)
Ordered at 17/09/2020 21:43

Queue 1: 140
Queue 2: 124
Queue 3: 116
Queue 4: 108
Queue 5: 92
Queue 6: 79
Queue 7: 75
Queue 8: 69 - nice

Today: RTX 3070 FE arrived, cancelled order.

Was here for 10 weeks and saw my queue position half, mainly due to cancellations, but I was happy to end up at 69 lol. Congrats to whoever got #70 on Friday, 69 is yours now. I'm a little annoyed I had to settle, but I might sell and upgrade in the future when stock is actually there. Wasn't worth the stress at this point.

Bye all, good luck.

Associate
4.1 is not a bad score when compared to John Lewis, Currys, Amazon, etc. which hover around 2. People will look back and realise that this situation was engineered by NVIDIA, AMD and AIBs, but etailers on the frontline ended up taking the flak.

Although I agree that the lack of stock is mainly down to Nvidia, AMD and AIB's, Overclockers have not exactly helped themselves.
  • Their vague or failure in reporting incoming stock compared to other competitors.
  • The physical quantity of stock coming in compared to the competition.
  • Taking 10,000's of pre-orders with full knowledge of the shortages and that people would be waiting many months for a card they paid £600-£900 for.
  • Then having the audacity to brag on open forums about the brand new supercars and hot-tubs they have all recently purchased.
This is in stark contrast to the way the competition behaves.

Associate
Although I agree that the lack of stock is mainly down to Nvidia, AMD and AIB's, Overclockers have not exactly helped themselves.
  • Their vague or failure in reporting incoming stock compared to other competitors.
  • Taking 10,000's of pre-orders with full knowledge of the shortages and that people would be waiting many months for a card they paid £600-£900 for.
  • Then having the audacity to brag on open forums about the brand new supercars and hot-tubs they have all recently purchased.
This is in stark contrast to the way the competition behaves.

I think that the biggest loss to OC is reputation. People may come back, I know that if they have something I need that I can't get elsewhere, I'll likely be back. But just in case anyone was ever under any illusion as to who in the UK is the no1 pc parts retailer, and who really is nvidia's preferred partner - well that argument is well and truly over. It's certainly not OCUK - I don't think they're in the top3 tbh.

Associate
Bro the GB gaming OC is awesome. Really good quality and they seem to have done a better job getting to market!
Sweet thx for the heads up :) it won't be here till next week because I didnt have the time to change it to next day delivery because I hammered through the check out process to make sure I didnt miss out but soon as I get the DPD notification I'm gonna pay them to upgrade it

I'm a bit gutted tho because it comes with call of duty and I wanted watchdogs :( I already own cod

Associate
I think that the biggest loss to OC is reputation. People may come back, I know that if they have something I need that I can't get elsewhere, I'll likely be back. But just in case anyone was ever under any illusion as to who in the UK is the no1 pc parts retailer, and who really is nvidia's preferred partner - well that argument is well and truly over. It's certainly not OCUK - I don't think they're in the top3 tbh.

I am far less angry than most with OCuk tbh.
I jumped on this gravy train in October knowing the supply issues.
I am also in the fortunate position that the money is spare money and the card is merely a toy for me.
I also am only interested in the STRIX OC and no1 has them for under scalper prices.

I can wait and I will most likely use OCuk again.

Back
Top Bottom