• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Yeah me too, the FE is complete bargain if you can get one. There might be a couple more drops in December, but it's usually 5k people trying to buy 300 cards at the same time so it's down to luck mostly.

It could be a few other brands will start popping up again soon. Either way, lets hope things "ramp up" in December, rather than November's slow to a trickle.

We were told that there would be a ramp up in November. Remember when Gibbo said that there was light at the end of the tunnel in his thread update? Well, winter is here and there is no light yet.

Associate
Sitting here waiting for my 3070 Dual OC thinking the same thing, was so annoyed when the shipping update from last week had nearly every ASUS card apart from the one I ordered.

Tried contacting ASUS/OC to try and see when production would start or ramp up and heard nothing, guess they're just sitting happily with my money?

I actually contacted Asus directly through their webnote. To summarise the email that wasn't the copy+paste first correspondence, they are a support centre so cannot provide information.

Associate
We were told that there would be a ramp up in November. Remember when Gibbo said that there was light at the end of the tunnel in his thread update? Well, winter is here and there is no light yet.

yeah I remember, that's why I put "ramp up" in quotes. What I meant was, I hope we get a proper ramping up in December, not like Novembers so called ramping up, which actually slowed to a trickle for most.

Associate
I sympathise. My queue position for this card has dropped below 100 and I'm hoping to see the card this side of Easter (and unsure whether that will be the case). Supplies seem to have dried up in November without explanation.

I wonder if Asus have given up producing the Strix 3080 OC and are concentrating on the 3080ti?

@Gibbo

If this is the case will 3080 customers be give the option to change their order and not lose their queue position?

Associate
Well I just snagged a 3060. Can't work out if to use it a stop gap and sell later hoping I don't loose much by the time my tuf oc turns up. I'm 1000 in queue. Or just keep it and forget about 4k ultra

Associate
I managed to get a card from Overclockers back in the first week of November as I was 1st in the queue from the very beginning for the Gigabyte Eagle 3070. Unfortunately one of the fans was rattling and wasn't seated correctly so I sent it back on the same day I received it. I was told i'd come first priority as soon as they receive the cards considering I was the very first person to receive the card of it's kind. Ever since then I received the weekly email on a Friday that shows the queue position showing I was in queue position #248 and I contacted staff by phoning them asking why this was as previously i'd been told I was first priority, the man told me to just ignore the email as It was still saying I was on the pre-order list but I've had no confirmation otherwise stating i'm first priority. This was a few weeks ago and i've tried phoning multiple times during work but with no avail only being left on the sound of ringing for 30 minutes but I can understand considering how overwhelmed they'll be. I don't think they're handling it that well keeping everyone notified and i'm starting to think that i'm never going to receive mine first and that i'm going to have to wait again even though I literally had the card in hand but because of a manufacturer defect I've been let down. There was even a shipment of a very small amount of 3070 Eagles that came in supposedly this week but still haven't seen mine turn up at my door :p What a let down.

Permabanned
My friend was waiting for Asus TUF OC but he cancelled now. He was 270th in a queue. He got Zotac from a competitor for £ 100 less. I know Zotac Trinities are not the fastest but how much less fps will he get against TUF? 2-5 fps? He will still get like 160- 170 at 1440p so not a deal breaker, right? :D

Associate
I managed to get a card from Overclockers back in the first week of November as I was 1st in the queue from the very beginning for the Gigabyte Eagle 3070. Unfortunately one of the fans was rattling and wasn't seated correctly so I sent it back on the same day I received it. I was told i'd come first priority as soon as they receive the cards considering I was the very first person to receive the card of it's kind. Ever since then I received the weekly email on a Friday that shows the queue position showing I was in queue position #248 and I contacted staff by phoning them asking why this was as previously i'd been told I was first priority, the man told me to just ignore the email as It was still saying I was on the pre-order list but I've had no confirmation otherwise stating i'm first priority. This was a few weeks ago and i've tried phoning multiple times during work but with no avail only being left on the sound of ringing for 30 minutes but I can understand considering how overwhelmed they'll be. I don't think they're handling it that well keeping everyone notified and i'm starting to think that i'm never going to receive mine first and that i'm going to have to wait again even though I literally had the card in hand but because of a manufacturer defect I've been let down. There was even a shipment of a very small amount of 3070 Eagles that came in supposedly this week but still haven't seen mine turn up at my door :p What a let down.
That's not on at all...

Associate
Well I just snagged a 3060. Can't work out if to use it a stop gap and sell later hoping I don't loose much by the time my tuf oc turns up. I'm 1000 in queue. Or just keep it and forget about 4k ultra

Same, I managed to get a 3060 Ti on another site. Still looking forward to getting my Strix OC from OCUK at some point, but at the current rate the queue is going down it will be 5.5 months until I get it (current position 1158).

Edit

So a competitor just changed my 3060 order for delivery 9th to STOCK ERROR.... It's almost funny. So I may not have a stop gap

That sucks :(

Associate
Looks like I'll have to cancel my 3080 order due to no deal Brexit.

I reached out to OCUK support to ask about what should we expect if the 3080 does not ship until after Jan 1st and they could not guarantee delivery after the end of the transition period to Ireland.

I guess I should wait until the middle of December and then calling it a day.

http://arethebritsatitagain.com/

Associate
Looks like I'll have to cancel my 3080 order due to no deal Brexit.

I reached out to OCUK support to ask about what should we expect if the 3080 does not ship until after Jan 1st and they could not guarantee delivery after the end of the transition period to Ireland.

I guess I should wait until the middle of December and then calling it a day.

http://arethebritsatitagain.com/

Really? wow. That seems really unlikely - I guess they just can't guarantee it, but I'd say you'll be fine.

If not, are you far away from the North? could you get it posted there and pick it up?

Back
Top Bottom