• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
And what decision was that? I have a 5700XT that I'm going to sell as soon as I get my 3080 ASUS Strix but I won't be playing Cyberpunk until I get my new card. Don't mind the waiting if I had a rough ETA though. It's the unknown that doesn't help.

To not jump at a £900 card just to play one game at a higher res. I've nearly bought three £900 cards this last week. But my 1080ftw is running CP2077 at 1080p ultra, and is giving me a smooth and overall good experience so far, so I think I might just wait unless I see the right price or bag an FE. I suppose I might go £900 for a Suprim because I'm a sucker for that backplate :p

Associate
I managed to pre-order my Palit 3080 when they were under £700. I paid £700.49 including DPD next day delivery for it.

I'm one of the few people who's not falling over myself to get a card for Cyberpunk. I'll play it, but I'll wait until its not a buggy mess. I waited 6 months before playing Witcher 3 when it came out, and I'm glad i did. I'll play Cyberpunk next year sometime.

I'd like a 3080 sooner rather than later but just not badly enough for price to be of no importance. I need to get a new 750W PSU for it when I get one so I've got to factor the 100 quid or so I need for that into my budget.

Associate
I'm one of the few people who's not falling over myself to get a card for Cyberpunk. I'll play it, but I'll wait until its not a buggy mess. I waited 6 months before playing Witcher 3 when it came out, and I'm glad i did. I'll play Cyberpunk next year sometime.

I'd like a 3080 sooner rather than later but just not badly enough for price to be of no importance. I need to get a new 750W PSU for it when I get one so I've got to factor the 100 quid or so I need for that into my budget.

I've seen these reports of buggy mess too, but not experienced anything myself yet. I've played way more buggy AAA titles than this. I think a lot of those reports are from pre-launch day.

Associate
Savings and shifting hardware helps. When you sell existing hardware and then cancel a pre-order, it just about evens out. Although I would rather use the 5700XT money and get myself an upgraded processor.

Yep savings and I'm a homeowner, and resale of over-inflated 2nd hand current market prices all was my deciding factor, plus DLSS as a software dev in training.

Associate

See I would have liked it before cyberpunk released, but its still not here. I didnt even think I was going to pre-order Cyberpunk when I paid for my 3080.

Ive played the first 2 hours of it. Ive not seen any bugs yet.

Associate
Yep savings and I'm a homeowner, and resale of over-inflated 2nd hand current market prices all was my deciding factor, plus DLSS as a software dev in training.
Good luck. Spent four years in college for Video Games Development and a year of Java Development and Management. Not a homeowner though, no idea if I'll still be in this country next decade so I don't want to place roots just yet. If I did buy, I'd rather buy an apartment and become a landlord if I move. But I am moving out soon and renting in a different locale.

Associate
I was planning on upgrading to an rtx 3080 in April or so. Would I be better waiting til then to buy one, or pre ordering a card now, and where can I do that? I don't mind waiting in a queue if it means I'm not giving a scalper any money.

Associate
Yeah but who's fault is that? Nvidia, AMD, scalpers, retailers and, e-tailers or pandemic/demand? Or lastly us? Definitely not us of course.

I'm not judging anyone who pays over inflated prices. I've sadly resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to. I know how badly people want a card. Is just not a great situation all round.

Associate
Well, I just received my Zotac 3080 OC, set it up and this one had working fans! Guess that’s me dipping out of the madness that is the great 3080 shortage. Good luck to all in your endeavours and thanks to ScottiB especially for getting the ball rolling with my RMA. Have a good Xmas all :)

Associate
Well, I just received my Zotac 3080 OC, set it up and this one had working fans! Guess that’s me dipping out of the madness that is the great 3080 shortage. Good luck to all in your endeavours and thanks to ScottiB especially for getting the ball rolling with my RMA. Have a good Xmas all :)
Enjoy your card and have a good Christmas!

Associate
I'm not judging anyone who pays over inflated prices. I've sadly resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to. I know how badly people want a card. Is just not a great situation all round.

Apologies I didn't mean for it to sound like that, I did notice OcUK are selling the Gigabyte RTX 3080 AORUS MASTER for £900, I will say it's madness all around it's adding more divide between everyone and it's been a mad 2020, I saved up to make sure I could get a zen3 and an Ampere or RDNA 2 when they came out, and to be fair I didn't expect the 30xx series to be decent with MSRP like look at the 20xx series last gen, we were all in shock when the leatherman come and said the MSRP of the 30xx series lol.

Back
Top Bottom