• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I was planning on upgrading to an rtx 3080 in April or so. Would I be better waiting til then to buy one, or pre ordering a card now, and where can I do that? I don't mind waiting in a queue if it means I'm not giving a scalper any money.

I'd wait a while if April is your target.

I don't think any of the retailers have back-order queues open at the moment but I'd be surprised if things hadn't gotten clearer by February, and by then you'll also have a better idea if the 3080Ti is happening or not, and if so, when...

Associate
Well, I just received my Zotac 3080 OC, set it up and this one had working fans! Guess that’s me dipping out of the madness that is the great 3080 shortage. Good luck to all in your endeavours and thanks to ScottiB especially for getting the ball rolling with my RMA. Have a good Xmas all :)
Enjoy!

I'll be wrapping up my copy of Cyberpunk 2077 today when it arrives and popping it under the tree. Not like I'm going to risk playing it on my current rig when I can wait for bug fixing and that RTX goodness.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB do you guys have delays in other orders too due to what's happening? I ordered power supply and didn't receive anything apart from confirmed order even tho it's in stock
I believe that there's a warning during check out that states a five day ETA for all deliveries? I've checked and as of this morning the delay is actually about three days. Sorry about that.

Associate
I'd wait a while if April is your target.

I don't think any of the retailers have back-order queues open at the moment but I'd be surprised if things hadn't gotten clearer by February, and by then you'll also have a better idea if the 3080Ti is happening or not, and if so, when...

I'll do that then, thank you. My rig should be fine til then. I don't need a new gpu as much as a new processor, so I'll just get round to that in the new year

Associate
I'm happy playing CP2077 on my 1080. But the rest of my rig is 2020, so it runs well overall. When my 3080 arrives next year it will be the perfect incentive to do another run through the game. The 2nd time I played Witcher 3 is when I enjoyed it the most.

Associate
I'm happy playing CP2077 on my 1080. But the rest of my rig is 2020, so it runs well overall. When my 3080 arrives next year it will be the perfect incentive to do another run through the game. The 2nd time I played Witcher 3 is when I enjoyed it the most.
I waited till it released at midnight last night, then stayed up till 2:30am to get some gameplay in cause of how excited I was.

Being tired now was defo worth it I say, 4 hours sleep is enough for any man

EDIT: Forgot to say this was for cyberpunk last night.

Associate
I waited till it released at midnight last night, then stayed up till 2:30am to get some gameplay in cause of how excited I was.

Being tired now was defo worth it I say, 4 hours sleep is enough for any man

Yeah me too... 2:30am, then up at 6:30am lol - had a little trouble getting started at first with that small final update, but then it worked ok. The detail is immense.

Associate
I just received my email for the 3080 Vision being shipped! Arriving tomorrow! I was position 20.
The hype is real! Now to build my first computer ever, fingers crossed it all goes well!

Associate
I just received my email for the 3080 Vision being shipped! Arriving tomorrow! I was position 20.
The hype is real! Now to build my first computer ever, fingers crossed it all goes well!

Nice one..enjoy! Building it is more fun than playing with it imo. I've heard that the vison is really nice looking in the flesh.

Associate
Couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger on the £950 Gigabyte cards - Was 9 in stock when i checked, was sorely tempted....

Im currently in the queue for an MSI 3080 Trio X - Sad times :(

Back
Top Bottom