• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
They’ve dispatched what 200 tuf cards with about 1100 left to go and that’s taken 3/4 months. So I feel bad if you’re at the back of the queue.

This whole launch has been disgraceful, and it’s not on OC, it’s on Nvidia. Terrible

Associate
I don’t know about you guys but I’m not liking how dry January has been in terms of deliveries. Really hope cards start coming in soon.

Position 12 for RTX3080 gigabyte eagle OC, have been since mid December.

Associate
They’ve dispatched what 200 tuf cards with about 1100 left to go and that’s taken 3/4 months. So I feel bad if you’re at the back of the queue.

This whole launch has been disgraceful, and it’s not on OC, it’s on Nvidia. Terrible

Yeah man, not OCUK fault. I've never had anything but great service. Especially from Rich at customer services, that dude is a class act!

It's just a shame that Nvidia have some real issues in distribution/manufacturing, they really should have stock pilled a hell of a lot more gpu's before release.

It's a real kick in the nuts though, this waiting game. By the time I get a card, the TI will be out a few weeks later if not before...

Associate
Well my time has finally come, my card has finally been dispatched, been on this journey since launch day and I'm glad it's now over.

I wish you all still fighting the good fight the best of luck and hope your cards arrive soon.

@Gibbo I love you more than you'll ever know xox

Associate
Yeah man, not OCUK fault. I've never had anything but great service. Especially from Rich at customer services, that dude is a class act!

It's just a shame that Nvidia have some real issues in distribution/manufacturing, they really should have stock pilled a hell of a lot more gpu's before release.

It's a real kick in the nuts though, this waiting game. By the time I get a card, the TI will be out a few weeks later if not before...

You do know the Ti has been postponed / cancelled until a much later date after backorders have been filled at least, been mentioned in numerous sources the last 2-3 days.

Associate
I went ahead and cancelled my order for the Asus ROG STRIX OC 3080 and bought the MSI Suprim 3090 as they had this in stock. Good luck everyone who are still waiting in the queue, I too waited since launch day but I finally just gave up and went with the 3090. Hoping you all get your graphics cards soon!

Associate
Honestly what I'd like most (well other than getting a 3080) right now is knowing what's going on behind the scenes in manufacturing and such, but I doubt anyone but the manufacturers themselves (even then) have access to that type of information.

Soldato
Honestly what I'd like most (well other than getting a 3080) right now is knowing what's going on behind the scenes in manufacturing and such, but I doubt anyone but the manufacturers themselves (even then) have access to that type of information.
I thought this today too.

Don't they have assembly lines? Large scale? I'm imagining a solitary person making them 1 by 1.

Associate
You do know the Ti has been postponed / cancelled until a much later date after backorders have been filled at least, been mentioned in numerous sources the last 2-3 days.

Yeah, I do know that it has been postponed. I also know that only 15 cards of the model I ordered have come into OCUK, so given that I'm 38th in the queue. I reckon it's going to be another 4 odd months before I see one and at that point, it would be stupid to accept it. The TI will be around the corner at that point.

Associate
Yeah, I do know that it has been postponed. I also know that only 15 cards of the model I ordered have come into OCUK, so given that I'm 38th in the queue. I reckon it's going to be another 4 odd months before I see one and at that point, it would be stupid to accept it. The TI will be around the corner at that point.
I don't understand why people expect stock to be any better with the 3080ti.

Associate
I would love clarification on that if possible from someone at OCUK.

The full order was paid prior to Brexit so I’m not sure on if that makes a difference.

Would love if @Gibbo or someone at OCUK to chime in and confirm if Irish orders will be charged at their doorstep.

Or if anyone here from Ireland got their card very recently can attest to the Import charges?

I contacted DPD myself and they confirmed that they are delivering to Ireland right now and that I would have to pay both VAT and Customs duty before delivery regardless of when the order was placed. Still no word from OCUK about when my order will be taken off on-hold status though.

Last time a UK retailer gets a penny from me tbh, makes them look like a bunch of ****** clowns allowing this shambles to go ahead. It's not a strong look for their country.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Reading this thread, all I will say is that this is a big disaster!

You all deserve this! Why not just never pre order, and wait , that way these monopoly companies will get you stock in abundance. Now they have your money this will go on for months and months. They are making huge profits with a disaterous service and you reward it .

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

Read the news!
Nvidias yield is not as good as expected so slower.
The GPUS they do yield are actually quite good and a bit too good for Non OC cards. Thus impacting AIB production versus demand.
Also there is a thing called covid19 affecting not only manufacturing but distribution as well.
Nevermind just the GPUs basic semi conductor components are in huge demand. Because of the covid issues but also because the industry had an enormous pre booked schedule from a certain Playstation5 and a certain X Box X and S
Then we have chinese tariffs from trump again causing quite a ripple in the tech market.
So big is that ripple that car manufacturers have ceased production or slowed due to semi conductor markets. And if you think a graphics card company will get ahead in the queue over the massive power and demand of a car manufacturer? Just no.
Here in the UK. Brexit!
Border checks, slower freight = more expensive freight.

So yes Taiwan - is still making chips and components and turning them into graphics cards.

But all of the above.
Add that to the fact that Ampere is thee largest jump in performance in years meaning eeeeeveryone wants to upgrade.
Add that to Ampere are so good Bitcoin mining cannot get enough GPUs.

And that bot nets and hacker nets at the tip of the scale are also soaking up as much new tech as they want....

Then you are up to date on why you are still in a queue for a card that released in October.

:)

First world problems.
Remember 790 MILLION!!!! people still have no access to fresh water.

Roughly.

Back
Top Bottom