• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Personally, I would rather not have a 6-8 month old card when it arrives. I like to get in early and get the most value for my money. I know the stock situation for the 3080ti will likely be just as bad but maybe Nvidia has learned a lesson and stockpiled or maybe not as many people will be going for one as they have only had a 3080 for a few months prior.

When only 15 units of the card you have ordered have arrived in 4 months, you would be looking at other options too as there is no mention of an upgrade for Inno3d X4 customers. As is the same with many others, I'm sitting here with a brand new x570, 5950x based system and having to use a 1080, it's a real kick in the arse.

I understand you'd want to be hopeful and I'd say by all means go for it if you want but I highly doubt it, the problem is shortages on components and the worldwide pandemic which is still very much in effect, if they'd have learned a lesson or were in a better position, wouldn't we have seen the production of the other cards significantly increase by now? But apparently it'll be another 4 months before some backorders are fulfilled, so I highly doubt it

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I understand your point here @ScottiByou relly should not be worry about "overstocking"
For us this is not a consideration. The problem is, one customer orders five cards, that's at least four manual cancellations that we need to process, or worse still, four unwanted returns, and we don't have the man power. Ignoring the impact on the queues if people were able to place these orders, this alone is a blocking factor ..We are working on a new website and new internal systems which we hope will allow proper "account management" features, but until that time we have to stick as we are.

Especially from Rich at customer services, that dude is a class act!
you know that he's an Arsenal fan though, right? class act!? :rolleyes::D

Associate
@ScottiB Hi, do you know if we can still get Watch Dogs Legion or Call Of Duty Cold War codes? I have sent a webnote to OcUK but no answer.
Apparently COD offer is extended until March.
Do I need to contact Nvidia directly?
I have received my 3080 Suprim X over the weekend ordered on 17th September.
Thank you.

OcUK Staff
I wonder if OCUK will be getting any 3080s for the rest of January? I’m keeping my fingers crossed

I did warn the next couple of weeks was looking dry on 3080's and indeed it is very dry, and I will be honest here and say I feel the next reasoning for lack of shipments will be Chinese New Year, so I really think we won't be see many 3080's now until after middle February / early March time, there might be the odd surprise but on the whole I do not see a decent ramp up in volume now until March/April simply judging from production in previous years and the delay CNY always creates.

Associate
Currently waiting for a 3080 Ventus. 11th place
@ScottiB
Do you ever have some SI cards extra/not used yet and if you do would it be possible to give some to gibbo for retail?

@Gibbo
What happened to the shipment from Msi that was sent out on the 14th?

Associate
Not sure how many of you are waiting for the TUF non-OC model, but a friend of mine who ordered through a competitor (NVIDIA's preferred one who have the FE's when they come up) received a free upgrade to the OC version as they knew the non-OC cards just aren't coming. He was a few hundred deep into the queue on launch day.

Associate
@Gibbo @ScottiB
I am mad right now because:
3080 Ventus has no stock
OCuk will upgrade all other cards that have no stock/slow stock for free.
I understand that cost maybe an issue but I can’t even pay the difference for an upgrade.
On top of the 4 months I have been waiting, now apparently I will be waiting another 2 months.
I can’t even cancel my card and buy a different one because they are all out of stock everywhere.
There is no news on the apparent shipment from msi on the 14th

Extra:
Some 3090 where upgraded with no problem but they can’t upgrade the 3080 Ventus which would cost less to upgrade than some of the 3090.

Last edited:
Associate
@Gibbo @ScottiB
3080 Ventus has no stock
I understand that cost maybe an issue but I can’t even pay the difference for an upgrade.
On top of the 4 months I have been waiting, now apparently I will be waiting another 2 months.
I can’t even cancel my card and buy a different one because they are all out of stock everywhere.

Extra:
Some 3090 where upgraded with no problem but they can’t upgrade the 3080 Ventus which would cost less to upgrade than some of the 3090.

@Gibbo can’t you just upgrade some 3080 Ventus even if it is only 2 or 3 cards

Associate
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but not really too sure where else to post. I ordered my Gigabyte 3070 Eagle on the 29th of October, and have been 9th in queue since 24/12/20 (not had a single update since), and I see that Gibbo upgraded my order to the OC version and that it should have shipped 2 weeks ago, as per the forum post. But I've not heard anything about it. I sent in a couple web-notes but they weren't very helpful either. Been waiting on this card to finish my first PC build. Any ideas?

Associate
I did warn the next couple of weeks was looking dry on 3080's and indeed it is very dry, and I will be honest here and say I feel the next reasoning for lack of shipments will be Chinese New Year, so I really think we won't be see many 3080's now until after middle February / early March time, there might be the odd surprise but on the whole I do not see a decent ramp up in volume now until March/April simply judging from production in previous years and the delay CNY always creates.
@Gibbo thanks for the response, I wasn’t trying to be rude I was just curious to see what others thought. I appreciate the work that yourself and the rest of the staff are doing, fingers crossed production does finally ramp up after CNY.

Associate
@Gibbo @ScottiB
3080 Ventus has no stock

Extra:
The reason that 3080 Ventus cards haven't been upgrades as that the majority of these cards were bought at MSRP price. The 3070s and 3090s were at a higher than MSRP price and as a result could be upgraded without the end users paying the difference (I believe OC UK made a slight loss for these upgrades but did so as a gesture of goodwill).

Associate
Decided to say **** it and just picked up a 3090 Founders Edition in the drop today. I believe some are still available. Pre-order cancelled. Thanks for playing everyone. Feel a bit sick, but glad to have it sorted! I was so far back in the queue I'd likely never get one anyway...

Associate
The reason that 3080 Ventus cards haven't been upgrades as that the majority of these cards were bought at MSRP price. The 3070s and 3090s were at a higher than MSRP price and as a result could be upgraded without the end users paying the difference (I believe OC UK made a slight loss for these upgrades but did so as a gesture of goodwill).
If you read my post I said “I understand that cost maybe an issue but I can’t even pay the difference for an upgrade.”
I can’t remember the exact amount but one of the 3090 upgrades cost about £240 and the 3080 ventus upgrade cost was £220.
So to me this means they do have the capability/money to upgrade and I’m even willing to pay some extra to get a damn card.

Associate
Thanks for the heads up.

Associate
Decided to say **** it and just picked up a 3090 Founders Edition in the drop today. I believe some are still available. Pre-order cancelled. Thanks for playing everyone. Feel a bit sick, but glad to have it sorted! I was so far back in the queue I'd likely never get one anyway...
I've done the same haha, should be getting mine tomorrow :D

Back
Top Bottom