• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
If if makes you feel better I've been 6th since 8th Jan & started at 36th from Date ordered: 17/09/2020 14:46:16.

Its a dead line......Zotac did a switcheroo with the newer AMP holo cards & i'm now pretty much resigned to endless waiting on a card that will never materialise or have an alternative upgrade offer.

A small part of me wishes the order would just get cancelled & refunded, I'm just too stubbourn to do it myself.

I could atleast then take my £700 in the pot for a desperatly needed whole new fresh build & place my trade elsewhere.
At this point I hope I get switched to a different card, mainly because I don't want to support Zotac anymore. The rest of the reason is obviously because I want a card c'mon :D

Associate
Holy crap, people are still waiting in this queue? Bless your cotton socks! As soon as I saw a 3090 FE available I bit the bullet and spent the extra money. I know its not an option for every one though, I just couldn't take the stress at getting angry at the wait.

Associate
If if makes you feel better I've been 6th since 8th Jan & started at 36th from Date ordered: 17/09/2020 14:46:16.

Its a dead line......Zotac did a switcheroo with the newer AMP holo cards & i'm now pretty much resigned to endless waiting on a card that will never materialise or have an alternative upgrade offer.

A small part of me wishes the order would just get cancelled & refunded, I'm just too stubbourn to do it myself.

I could atleast then take my £700 in the pot for a desperatly needed whole new fresh build & place my trade elsewhere.

If it's any consolation your £700 is worth less now than it was when you pre-ordered, thanks to inflation. At this point you are right to keep it 'invested' where it is. Taking it out now would be realising a genuine financial loss.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Obviously you don't or you would have known right away that he's talking crap. :D

I think it was Oc3D who today posted the sensationalist headline ""Bitcoin pricing plunges after reports of a $1.5 billion transfer. From $58,000 to under $48,000 within a few hours." bearing in mind that $48,000 was roughly the value about a week ago...and within an hour it was back up to $53,000, which is roughly where it was yesterday. In simple terms the total crypto market value has increased by about 75% this month and a momentary dip isn't going to scare off miners. :eek:

Some people might be moving coins around from the speculative ones to the big few, that tends to happen occasionally (it's kinda like penny stocks being more prone to pump & dump tactics), but the overall value continues to surge.

Hmmm, @ScottiB knows his BTC shizzle... it's obviously true... him and Gibbo have hoarded everyone's cards and OCUK is really a giant mining farm!!!

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Hmmm, @ScottiB knows his BTC shizzle... it's obviously true... him and Gibbo have hoarded everyone's cards and OCUK is really a giant mining farm!!!
LOL I wish. We've kept an eye on crypto for years since it has impact on business. I mined, for about three months quite some ago when I owned a 6990, made about £600, turned it into about £6000 trading. Nothing major but better than a kick in the teeth.
What we both wish is that we'd listened to our former Intel account manager when he told us about Bitcoin about a decade ago :rolleyes: oh the benefit of hindsight eh?

Associate
LOL I wish. We've kept an eye on crypto for years since it has impact on business. I mined, for about three months quite some ago when I owned a 6990, made about £600, turned it into about £6000 trading. Nothing major but better than a kick in the teeth.
What we both wish is that we'd listened to our former Intel account manager when he told us about Bitcoin about a decade ago :rolleyes: oh the benefit of hindsight eh?

Oh yes, don't even get me started.

I was paid for selling something in 2010, in Bitcoin. I was paid 40 Bitcoin. Back then, it was worth next to nothing and I then lost my job, so I changed it to pounds and spent it on something. Don't even think it amounted to £50. That same 40 Bitcoin is worth about 1.4 Million now.

To say that I am sick and gutted is an understatement. If I had just left it in my account and forgot about it, I would be a millionaire now. But yes, that's hindsight. Back then, very few knew it would be what it is now. And even if someone said, you wouldn't believe them.

Permabanned
Oh yes, don't even get me started.

I was paid for selling something in 2010, in Bitcoin. I was paid 40 Bitcoin. Back then, it was worth next to nothing and I then lost my job, so I changed it to pounds and spent it on something. Don't even think it amounted to £50. That same 40 Bitcoin is worth about 1.4 Million now.

To say that I am sick and gutted is an understatement. If I had just left it in my account and forgot about it, I would be a millionaire now. But yes, that's hindsight. Back then, very few knew it would be what it is now. And even if someone said, you wouldn't believe them.
I remember telling my dad back then to buy some but he thought it was some sort of scam and didn't trust it, I always bring it up every now and then to annoy him haha.

Associate
Back in the early days, I bought 35BTC for £50 each and saw the future.
I told myself to store it safe and look at it years later.
But I got caught up in the trading hype and along with MTGox failure lost it all.

If only I listened to myself, I would be 1.5m better off now :(

But then, when it reached 1000, I would have probably sold it....

Associate
I remember telling my dad back then to buy some but he thought it was some sort of scam and didn't trust it, I always bring it up every now and then to annoy him haha.

Oh man, I feel for him haha. I legit still have nightmares about it now. It's like losing or trading a winning lottery ticket. Have nearly been in tears a few times, especially when I'm hard up. Still, it was my fault. I should have just left it in my account and forgot about it for a decade.

I feel even worse for people who have vast amounts of Bitcoin in a folder but can't remember the password. That's even worse, because it's still in your possesion but can't get to it.

Associate
Back in the early days, I bought 35BTC for £50 each and saw the future.
I told myself to store it safe and look at it years later.
But I got caught up in the trading hype and along with MTGox failure lost it all.

If only I listened to myself, I would be 1.5m better off now :(

But then, when it reached 1000, I would have probably sold it....

Feel for you man :(

That's the other major problem. I doubt many people had the resilience to not cash out when it reached 1000 each etc. If you don't have much money, that is mighty tempting. And I'm sure you wouldn't dream of it continuing to climb like it did. Still, I'm sure there's many people who brought loads of it for pennies, left it for a decade, and are now living in luxury.

Associate
Feel for you man :(

That's the other major problem. I doubt many people had the resilience to not cash out when it reached 1000 each etc. If you don't have much money, that is mighty tempting. And I'm sure you wouldn't dream of it continuing to climb like it did. Still, I'm sure there's many people who brought loads of it for pennies, left it for a decade, and are now living in luxury.

Not fussed really, no way in hell I could have foreseen 8 years ahead and the price of BTC now.
If I could, I would have made millions another way on say sports bets.

Stu

Stu

Soldato

I have such a long list of things I would have done differently with hindsight, like placing a GPU order in the first minute!!! :rolleyes::p

I remember a couple of days before launch, my friend saying there was going to be huge shortages, and I said "no way, Nvidia is huge, they'll keep up supply", and I'd wait a couple of months for when prices drop after Christmas :rolleyes: How stupid do I feel now!

Associate
Can't believe we're getting gfx cards in in threes! just hopeless !! this has turned into the worst buying experience in my lifetime not only has the anticipation gone, just so disappointing that in this day and age it is possible to be this crap, feels like old tech now and leaning towards cancelling is now an option, been here since the beginning of october waiting on an Asus tuf 3080 oc gone from 918 》 172 but not looking like anything is going to improve soon, really thought that Nvidia, Asus, would have got stuff sorted by now
but they seem to be pretty useless at organising a **** up in a brewery, thanks to ocuk for all work done, think about it a little more, but feel like I'm done.:eek:

Associate
:rolleyes: How stupid do I feel now!

Probably as stupid as I feel after chucking £10 a month into a pot for 7 months on the leadup to finaly start a full rebuild for a flagging aging old 6 year old x79 system, to just then................sit watching a queue counter for 6 months that hasnt moved for 3 months now, while everyone else blathers on about BTC & ETH gains Ad Nauseum, I understand OCuk are stuck between a rock & a hard place but my god this whole situation is Utter *bleep* I almost pressed the buy button on £1800 of new rig bits, but then thought whats the point...............Ill end up with a new shiney rig utterly gimped with a old 980 card.................I'd be better off buying £1800 of BTC & seeing where that goes for $hitz n giggles, I'll probably end up better off than i did with a preorder last september!

Associate
Hi All, such a long thread but anyone can direct me how i can get on the waiting list for the RTX 3080? been checking the retail page everyday and 0 stock as usual. If i can atleast get on the waiting list, that would be helpful. thanks

Back
Top Bottom