• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Also waiting for Inno3D 3080. Been position 20 since April now. :(

What's annoying is they're refusing to replace the order with another 3080 they have in stock. I do get the cost situation but why can't they give me a card they have and then when mine comes in sell that instead? That they way they don't lose out and I get my card. Happy for someone to explain why that isn't possible.

I've also sent an email to Inno3D to see if they can give some information. If my order gets stopped at this stage I will be veyr very annoyed.

Associate
I've seen a couple of 3080s retailing for £1200 but will wait till they're £800 as it's still way too much. Hopefully can sell my 3090 without loss.

Associate
I am in the 190’s for this card, which I ordered on launch day, by the reckoning of the figures quoted above OCUK will be paying me to take a 3070Ti off their hands as they would be refunding the difference for what they are letting the 3070Ti go for and what they sold the 3080 to me on launch day.

It is a decision as upgrading from a 4GB GTX 670 (Yes you read right an original 600 series!!) which I am still running all my games like CB2077 etc no issues just look like GTA5 running on a couple of GTS450’s!

But I have been keeping a close eye rather than what OCUK have been offering on price and upgrades, but their parent company, which OCUK clearly show in their account submissions of who they are… The parent company have had sporadic stock coming in over the past ten months but rather than fulfilling all the back orders, have been selling some of this 3080 card for between 1669 Euros (Which it is currently, and out of stock) and a peak of over 1800 Euros (When it has been in stock) so the other part of me wants to say wait it out…

Still waiting for the e-mail btw, I get paid Friday so if you want to give me a go away deal lets see what comes...
Hey that's a good bit of info, yeah I have seen my card in stock at their 'parent' company too, shady AF, makes me want to find another hobby, stamp collecting or bird watching or something, lol, this is just too frustrating.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I noticed during the week that Overclockers have 3080's in stock if you want to buy a prebuilt from them!
Correct. Across a very limited selection of models, with stock allocated directly by Nvidia for their system integration business channel. Generally it's less than 10% of our overall allocation. It has been explained many, many, many times before.

Do you expect Nvidia to abandon an entire segment of the industry and the many hundreds of thousands of people whose jobs depend on it because there's a lot of vocal DIYers out there complaining about supply?

Supply sucks, whichever side of the market you are on, it just happens that the demand for systems is lower than the demand for cards.

As for moaning about the "parent company" having stock, we are independent companies! Nvidia also allocate stock to each region separately & cross-border trading is frowned upon. Since doing so could severely affect future stock allocation & Nvidia get a weekly report of all of our graphics card ins & outs, we're not that stupid.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey, first time posting. Looking to get some clarity on what's going on if possible. I've been in queue for a 3080 TUF OC since October last year.

Queue position email updates have stopped coming through sometime in June, last one being position 196.

Decided to hop onto the forum and noticed the post about an option to switch to 3070Ti or 3080Ti and that I should expect an email to come through. I've not received anything.

Can OcUK offer some clarity on the above please?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Expect your regular queue updates to recommence this evening. Between holidays and the start of the update emails last week they weren't sent out.

If we send too many mass emails in a week we risk spam flags.

Permabanned
229 down to 182, guess its some movement, expected more with the offerings of upgrades but ah well. Guess Ill pray that 3080 orders don't get cancelled and maybe more offerings are taken up in my queue since its far to much money for me right now to even think of taking a 3080Ti when Im in Ireland.

Last edited:
Associate
Goddamn dropped from 61 to 36 on the 3080 TUF OC, Hopefully that means I get the upgrade email before the dreaded cancelling of all orders. Finally in a position to be able to buy a 3080 ti but would rather stay within OCUK and pray I can get a decent model offered.

Associate
Expect your regular queue updates to recommence this evening. Between holidays and the start of the update emails last week they weren't sent out.

If we send too many mass emails in a week we risk spam flags.

Thanks for the clarification. I've actually just received the email, down to position 160 now.

Should I be expecting an upgrade options email as well?

Permabanned
Imagine getting down to 2nd or 3rd when the edict comes in that all orders are to be cancelled due to EoL/lack of stock. Gutting :eek:
Thats what Im dreading as I have waited nearly 10 months now for a card just to have it cancelled and my only alternative then is to pay for the hiked up overpriced cards as OCUK is my only actual source of gpus at least in Ireland :(

Back
Top Bottom