• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

And did they test it against a founders edition ? As we know AIB boards seem abit quicker especially the Strix.

Though they likely tested against their own reference board with the 300 Watt TDP while the Strix 6900 XT will probably be 450 Watt TDP and so forth etc so it doesn't really matter at this point if they used an FE 3090 or not in my opinion. Strix vs Strix and FE vs FE it will all probably end up the same percentages when compared like-for-like.

What does matter though is independent verification, I look forward to that. NVIDIA should be pressured and AMD fans should finally get flagship cards after waiting so many years.

Though they likely tested against their own reference board with the 300 Watt TDP while the Strix 6900 XT will probably be 450 Watt TDP and so forth etc so it doesn't really matter at this point if they used an FE 3090 or not in my opinion. Strix vs Strix and FE vs FE it will all probably end up the same percentages when compared like-for-like.

What does matter though is independent verification, I look forward to that. NVIDIA should be pressured and AMD fans should finally get flagship cards after waiting so many years.
NVidia technically has AIB GPUs out now though AMD from my quick and by no means extensive google search. 6000 series won’t have AIB boards till till next year.

NVidia technically has AIB GPUs out now though AMD from my quick and by no means extensive google search. 6000 series won’t have AIB boards till till next year.

I've not seen anything about their AIB's but to be honest I don't feel like NVIDIA even has cards released. I've been waiting almost a month to get a Strix OC 3090 and based on how the queue is going I prob wont get one until 3 months after I placed my order so is it so different?

I'm not cancelling, I want the card I paid for but I'm definitely hopeful AMD gives NVIDIA a kick in the pants.

I've not seen anything about their AIB's but to be honest I don't feel like NVIDIA even has cards released. I've been waiting almost a month to get a Strix OC 3090 and based on how the queue is going I prob wont get one until 3 months after I placed my order so is it so different?

I'm not cancelling, I want the card I paid for but I'm definitely hopeful AMD gives NVIDIA a kick in the pants.
That’s why I said “Technically” I’m in same boat as you ordered on 24th at 2:08 still haven’t had my card dispatched still 41st in line and if it carry’s on at same numbers will be at least 2 months I’ve waited for a “launched” product.

That’s why I said “Technically” I’m in same boat as you ordered on 24th at 2:08 still haven’t had my card dispatched still 41st in line and if it carry’s on at same numbers will be at least 2 months I’ve waited for a “launched” product.

Feels like a paper launch doesn't it? I'm over 350th in queue by the way so RIP me I guess. But my point was just it's easy to make paper launches of AIB's but ya know, a few units here or there by the time there is normal supply of NVIDIA AIB's there will probably be a trickle or more of AMD AIB cards.

I did notice one thing though on the 6900 XT performance chart compared to the RTX 3090 they enabled their new rage mode which basically just increases the TDP. So we don't know for sure what that rage mode TDP is but could raise the card to 350 Watts or 400 Watts for all we know.

Here is the slide:

fyDPpxS.png

So this to me would indicate if they are using the FE then the TDP may be normalised between the cards here and they're just about trading blows depending on the game, we know the 3090 has more headroom with more power like the 480 Watts the STRIX offers adds from what I've seen in reviews an extra 7 to 9% depending on the game etc

Feels like a paper launch doesn't it? I'm over 350th in queue by the way so RIP me I guess. But my point was just it's easy to make paper launches of AIB's but ya know, a few units here or there by the time there is normal supply of NVIDIA AIB's there will probably be a trickle or more of AMD AIB cards.

I did notice one thing though on the 6900 XT performance chart compared to the RTX 3090 they enabled their new rage mode which basically just increases the TDP. So we don't know for sure what that rage mode TDP is but could raise the card to 350 Watts or 400 Watts for all we know.

Here is the slide:

fyDPpxS.png

So this to me would indicate if they are using the FE then the TDP may be normalised between the cards here and they're just about trading blows depending on the game, we know the 3090 has more headroom with more power like the 480 Watts the STRIX offers adds from what I've seen in reviews an extra 7 to 9% depending on the game etc

GN asked AMD that and the rage mode is just a mild boost, a long way short of moving the power slider all the way to the right and accounts for 1-2% performance increase. I guess every little helps when doing your chart. Having it off might have meant the 6900xt not beating the 30980 in borderlands 3 or SOTR anymore

GN asked AMD that and the rage mode is just a mild boost, a long way short of moving the power slider all the way to the right and accounts for 1-2% performance increase. I guess every little helps when doing your chart. Having it off might have meant the 6900xt not beating the 30980 in borderlands 3 or SOTR anymore

I see, that's not much then. So there could be more headroom on the AMD card after all if the tdp increased enabled by activating rage mode is so minor.

Yeah we just got to wait for proper reviews now. So torn. I could have a 3090 here tomorrow or do I wait?????

Only you can make that decision but for me personally I feel that NVIDIA's software stack is stronger. I hate to be "fanboyish" about it and I always feel that I buy what is the best performing part within my price range but when it comes to the GPU the features and stability are very important to me and AMD hasn't proven to me lately they can deliver on that front unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom