• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Played death stranding and ac odyssey and could see a clear improvement over the 2080ti. Not yet fiddled with the overclock settings but am sure I can push some more frames out when I do :) Overall it’s a nice upgrade although at a huge cost
Any coil whine? Please let us know once you apply oc settings .

Associate
I added 100 to the gpu clock, 900 to memory and put temp and power to max..it was quite loud and my wife said at one point the computer sounded like it was going to take off!
Thanks for that update much appreciated but i was hopping to know if their is coil whine? Fan noise isn't my worry as i will be slapping on a water block. Every reviewer so far on YouTube has mentioned coil whine on the Strix 3080 and 3090. it sounds like you cant hear it from the fan noise or your one of the lucky ones. Regardless may not bother most people but for me i run a dead silent setup and it would be nice to know if you would be kind enough to give it a try by lowering the fan curve and run a benchmark and listen for a squeal.

Associate
There are two numbers that could be the number one above the PCI-E connection bit that you plug into the MB and a hidden white sticker above the heatsink. I entered both as unlike the serial number it does not automatically check it. I'm stuck at the next bit though on upload invoice as it just continually loads the invoice and I can't get past this point. Tried uploading both a PDF and RTF version but no joy. Let me know if you can get past this step! :)

Well, I put in what I think is the number which is the one that is six digits, a dash and five digits in the middle of the other letters and numbers on the underneath of the PCIE connector, had to take it out to see that one. I had the same issue with the PDF, looks like it won’t take that file type, so I screen grabbed it and saved as a jpg, it accepted that and displayed a thumbnail of it.

But it doesn’t matter, it came up saying “Very sorry! This product shipping country does not meet!.” So it was a waste of time, even used my gmail address instead just on the small chance it would make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom