• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
@Gibbo Hi as now there are new bundle being offered by Nvidia for RTX 3000 cards. Aware many of us have placed pre-order on 24th Oct for 3090 yet we won't get the watchdog bundle, as when I placed my order there was a bundle tag attached to it, this is one of the reason why I was on OcUK page and getting my purchase through over any other site. Now that Watchdog bundle is off, meaning those who not got the card yet are entitled to Call of Duty bundle as Nvidia listed OcUK being one of partner who offer this bundle. If not then it's disappointing to see others being offering the fresh bundle while those who pre-ordered get to lose out lot more again. Hope you can bring good news regarding this matter.

FYI the Watchdogs codes are redeemable upto 30th November, so they could technically get some still from Nvidia/AIBs if they had any left

Associate
Let me get this straight were not getting the Watch Dogs because it has to be activated before we actually receive the cards?
Well in that case we should be compensated in another way, rightly so we should receive the Call of Duty.
If Overclockers duck and dodge this then it shows exactly the type of company they are and they will not receive another penny from me
When you consider another big companies customer service is amazing then why would you allow to be treated in this way
Id cancel now but i have waited so long the card is more important than the game but it will leave a sour taste in my mouth, this whole mess will.
As for Kredo, I reported him for that post, absolutely disgusting.... I am English and I find that trully offensive.

Associate
Let me get this straight were not getting the Watch Dogs because it has to be activated before we actually receive the cards?.

Untrue, you cant redeem an Nvidia game code without the hardware physically installed, its checked with Geforce experience and if doesnt see the hardware ID for a 3000 series GPU it doesnt work. Had plenty of them over the last few years from other hardware purchases, if you check ebay you'll see plenty people selling the watchdogs keys but they wont activate if you dont have the 3070/80/90 gpu and is usually stated in the listings, this has been a thing for about 2 years or so with the Nvidia game vouchers, to stop people flooding keys to people outside the promo, and as already stated those promo vouchers are redeemable upto 30th November 2020, so there is a month overlap with the call of duty promo thats started.

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty damn happy with the frame rate i am getting at 4k ultra on modern warfare with the 3090Strix oc ( which i play an unhealthy amount on :D )

31-10-2020, 15:22:12 ModernWarfare.exe benchmark completed, 68380 frames rendered in 497.047 s
Average framerate : 137.5 FPS
Minimum framerate : 86.3 FPS
Maximum framerate : 183.7 FPS
1% low framerate : 89.6 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 6.3 FPS

Associate
Untrue, you cant redeem a Nvidia game code without the hardware physically installed, its checked with Gerforce experience and if doesnt see the hardware ID for a 3000 series GPU it doesnt work. Had plenty of them over the last few years from other hardware purchases

I think you mis-read, Knin3 is also correct and so are you :p

Let me get this straight were not getting the Watch Dogs because it has to be activated before we actually receive the cards?....

As above, It has to be activated by end of Nov, which technically will come around before a lot of pre-orders are fullfilled, so cards won't be in machines or even delivered by end of Nov and therefore, can't be activated before hand anyway, as you say.. it needs to see the GPU installed to be redeemned. Having a code supplied for the GPU arriving in december would be worthless, unless they (somebody) changed the expiry date to say.. end of Jan.

Associate
As above, It has to be activated by end of Nov, which technically will come around before a lot of pre-orders are fullfilled, so cards won't be in machines or even delivered by end of Nov and therefore, can't be activated before hand anyway, as you say.. it needs to see the GPU installed to be redeemned. Having a code supplied for the GPU arriving in december would be worthless, unless they (somebody) changed the expiry date to say.. end of Jan.[/QUOTE]

Which is why they should have been only supplied with delivery orders not in advance, but I agree the redeem dates should have been extended at least 6 weeks due to shortages. In my instance I'm #9 in my queue, so likely to be in a position to have the delivery in 2 weeks, in time to at least redeem one whether OCUK gets us some or I have to buy it from a 3rd party which is still cheaper than the RRP. If by some magic we get the Cod voucher, I'd trade mine for Watchdogs as have no love for COD.

Associate
Yeah, the situation is a bit of a silly one and could easily have been sorted (still could). I got my 3090fe elsewhere and tbh, happy I got it free (WD) because I wouldn't of bought it :p

Associate
Yeah, the situation is a bit of a silly one and could easily have been sorted (still could). I got my 3090fe elsewhere and tbh, happy I got it free (WD) because I wouldn't of bought it :p

Good for you at least then ;) but I have a daughter inheriting my 2080ti upon my 3090 delivery and she wants all the games as well, so I'd rather not have to buy WDL twice if can be avoided.

Associate
It’s been rumour to this point but Gamers Nexus just put up a video half hour before I posted that it’s now been confirmed by several sources.
Anyone find Gamers Nexus to be TOO in depth sometimes? I loose interest quite quickly.
Maybe it’s more about me than gamers nexus.

edit: In fact forget I said anything I’ve just remembered a time I was looking for a AIO and that minutiae helped more than anyone else’s videos although I do still find Steve very dry no offence to the man himself meant.
I suppose it depends what your looking for probably looking to get flamed here for some reason but only tech YouTuber I can actually follow is Linus.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone find Gamers Nexus to be TOO in depth sometimes? I loose interest quite quickly.

edit: In fact forget I said anything I’ve just remembered a time I was looking for a AIO and that minutiae helped more than anyone else’s videos although I do still find Steve very dry no offence to the man himself meant.
I suppose it depends what your looking for probably looking to get flamed here for some reason but only tech YouTuber I can actually follow is Linus.

If thats your level enjoy it, but frankly when you are older you'll realise Linus is a noob and just a good presenter, his team around him do all the setups.

Associate
If thats your level enjoy it, but frankly when you are older you'll realise Linus is a noob and just a good presenter, his team around him do all the setups.

Yeah I’m not a big fan of Linus, I’ll watch a video here and there but I know his score.

My eyes do glaze over sometimes with GN though as well, I guess I am after something in between but I can always skip the very heavy stuff in GN videos and get what I want out of them.

Associate
Oh know I’m already “old enough” to understand it hence the edit.
I’m not really a Overclocker I build PCs because I like building and doing the hardware etc.
Growing up was a Lego then meccano kid it’s build itself I enjoy.
I know people are “in” to pcs for different reasons mine are building and gaming.
Graphs and looking at the items is usually enough for me.
Like white hawk says I have scrubbed through gamers nexus vids to find what I do want.
I learned by my 2nd or 3rd build what your saying about Linus though.
I guess it’s a combination of what I’m looking for and a short attention span. I just fit that demographic I guess we are just numbers in the end lol.

Associate

Linus a “tech YouTuber” ??? He’s anything BUT technically knowledgeable, in my book he’s just a salesman

Associate
Linus a “tech YouTuber” ??? He’s anything BUT technically knowledgeable, in my book he’s just a salesman
Should I change it to tech bro ? Lol
Like I said I understand 100% what you guys are saying.
Maybe it’s because he’s not so knowledgeable I can relate ?
A salesman talking to a laymen.
At least I’m still a few steps up from buying my first pre built from a brick and mortar store and getting ripped off by one of their salesmen.

Back
Top Bottom