• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Soldato
PALIT lists GeForce RTX 3090Ti GameRock on its website, ASUS 3090Ti spotted with €4300+ pricing

PALIT-GEForce-RTX3090Ti-GameRock.jpg

PALIT lists GeForce RTX 3090Ti GameRock on its website, ASUS 3090Ti spotted with €4300+ pricing - VideoCardz.com
Could get the 65 inch LG C1, an atmos sound system and both of the latest consoles for the same price probably.

Soldato
Could get the 65 inch LG C1, an atmos sound system and both of the latest consoles for the same price probably.

Just had a quick check to see and it's true

LG C1 65 inch 1600
PS5 410
Xbox Series X 400

That leaves 2k for a sound system. It will only cost 1.2k for the best Atmos wireless system amd that still leave 800 quid which could be used to pick up the best gaming headset on the market, the Audeze LCD GX or a super comfy electric reclining chair

Soldato

And the consoles will likely last you longer than the 3090 Ti which is insane, At some point our entire culture regarding constant "upgrades" is going to have to change, The non stop throw away is going to come back to bite us in the rear.

Soldato
And the consoles will likely last you longer than the 3090 Ti which is insane, At some point our entire culture regarding constant "upgrades" is going to have to change, The non stop throw away is going to come back to bite us in the rear.

Why would the console last longer?

Associate
It might just be me, but this 3090Ti annoys me as a 3090 owner.

I get there is always better hardware around the corner but I am so bitter, especially after paying over 2 grand for the Strix OC.

These will be like gold dust and over 4 grand though, which is crazy money.

Although I might be tempted if the hash rates were great and mining earnt more money than it does now lol. I did have nice hash installed but the earnings are pitiful now.

Soldato

It’ll probably stop when internet connections are universally fast enough to just stream games rather than each person needing their own hardware.

Why would the console last longer?

Games for consoles are designed to a common baseline for a set period of time rather than constantly pushing the envelope as new PC hardware comes along.

Soldato

I get there is always better hardware around the corner but I am so bitter, especially after paying over 2 grand for the Strix OC.

Although I might be tempted if the hash rates were great and mining earnt more money than it does now lol. I did have nice hash installed but the earnings are pitiful now.
I wouldn’t be salty it’s such a meagre sidegrade. If a 3090 can’t run a game then a 3090ti will have no hope. If a 3090ti can run a game well, even a 3080 will only be a few fps behind.

V F

V F

Soldato
It’ll probably stop when internet connections are universally fast enough to just stream games rather than each person needing their own hardware.

Games for consoles are designed to a common baseline for a set period of time rather than constantly pushing the envelope as new PC hardware comes along.

What games though are taking advantage of that? Apart from Cyberpunk... Most games it feels like nowadays are nothing but console ports. Not saying it's bad but it never really feels like the technology is really being pushed apart from for one or two games?

Soldato
We don’t currently have more info to share on the RTX 3090 Ti, but we’ll be in touch when we do,

— Jen Andersson, NVIDIA to The Verge.

Soldato
What games though are taking advantage of that? Apart from Cyberpunk... Most games it feels like nowadays are nothing but console ports. Not saying it's bad but it never really feels like the technology is really being pushed apart from for one or two games?

Why would it ever be pushed by more than one or two games.

It's a barrier to a majority of the audience who will naturally be on old hardware and/or a waste of time adding features that a minority can benefit from.

Soldato
Consoles always last longer. The PS4 launched the same year as the 780 Ti. Which lasted the longest?

I'm playing elden ring atm, 2022 goty so far and while I can't find anyone who's posted benchmarks for the 780ti I can for the GTX960 and GTX970 - both of these cards are slower than the 780ti and yet both cards beat the PS4's performance with the 970 having nearly double the performance of the PS4. (GTX960 and 970 launched 10 months after ps4)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm playing elden ring atm, 2022 goty so far and while I can't find anyone who's posted benchmarks for the 780ti I can for the GTX960 and GTX970 - both of these cards are slower than the 780ti and yet both cards beat the PS4's performance with the 970 having nearly double the performance of the PS4. (GTX960 and 970 launched 10 months after ps4)

Yeah but people bought the 780 Ti for high end gaming because it's an enthusiast tier card. After two years, the framerates dropped at ultra settings so genuine enthusiasts would have sold it and bought a 980 Ti. At this point, mid tier gamers were buying used 780 Ti cards. Today, the 780 Ti is used by ultra budget gamers.

An enthusiast who buys a 3090 for 4k high refresh gaming will need to upgrade it next gen because it will start to struggle with high refresh 4k.

In 6 years time, the 3090 will be used by budget gamers. Enthusiasts will be buying the 6090. The original PS5 gamers will still be enjoying their PS5. Consoles last the buyer for much longer that any GPU.

Last edited:
Associate

As a 3090 owner, this card makes me, if anything, feel pretty happy.

The money they're talking about is absolutely ridiculous for such a small performance boost. I got my 3090FE for £1399 not long after release and after happily gaming on it for over a year they now bring out a card that's touted to be not far off three times the price, for a miniscule performance gain?

I can't see why this card would upset any 3080 or 3090 owner. It's a joke.

Back
Top Bottom