• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Soldato
Already know what reviews will say

Be prepared for all the sad faces on YouTube video preview photos, Linus will look like his house just burnt down

Soldato
https://videocardz.com/newz/galax-g...mstar-pictured-with-pcie-gen5-power-connector

Custom RTX 3090 Ti graphics card pictured
Leaker @wnxod shares the first photograph of the upcoming Boomstar RTX 3090 Ti graphics card.

The Boomstar is the China-exclusive series featuring typically 2.5 to 3-slot translucent cooling solutions. It appears that that we finally have a confirmation that even the custom RTX 3090 Ti models will ship with the new power connector, namely the 12+4 (or 16-pin) PCIe Gen5 connector delivering up to 600W of power.

We can immediately see that the heat sink was specifically adopted for this design. Compared to the RTX 3090 Boomstar, the Ti model will only make use of a single 16-pin connector instead of two 8-pins.

The PCIe Gen5 connector can deliver up to 600W of power, but this requires 4 data pins to be present. The leaker picture confirms just that, which means we are looking at the next-gen GPU power delivery likely to be adopted by all new cards in the coming years.

The RTX 3090 Ti Boomstar is expected to launch on March 29th as one of many custom designs. This model is to feature full GA102 GPU with 10752 CUDA cores, 24GB of 21 Gbps GDDR6X memory and a TDP of 450W. It is very possible that maximum power requirement will be higher for custom designs such as this.

Source: @wnxod

vrSKVfU.jpg

Associate
I thought this crap was already debunked, alas usual twitter **** for the "please like me brigade" considering it came from an account that is 10 years old with 44 followers, must be legit.

Soldato
Yeah, wouldn't want anything less than 1000W (maybe even 1200W considering how spiky gpu power demands an be), I'd have thought more like £200 would be the real starting point for a 3090Ti PSU :p. And let's be honest, shelling out for a 1000W+ titanium rated PSU will feel like small change for anyone buying a 3090 Ti.

Associate
https://videocardz.com/newz/canadia...-rtx-3090-ti-series-for-3683-usd-and-4148-usd

An Undisclosed Canadian retailer now lists GeForce RTX 3090 Ti TUF Gaming OC and ROG STRIX LC at a very high price. The TUF model has a price tag of 4,649 CAD (3,683 USD) while the STRIX might cost 5,234 CAD (4,148 USD).

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Price is so ridiculous it's likely true.

The card will still sell out as the improved hash rate will make miners go giddy.

If the price does turn out to be within a scenario of me selling my 3090 and adding say £500 I'd probably make the jump. But over a grand and it's not worth it, better off waiting for the 40 series cards.

Associate
Miners ain't buying any GPUs, if you have not already noticed

That's only temporary.

It's not the first time miners have held off. But crypto isn't going anywhere and as soon as things change gpu's will be bought up again.

The market isn't being flooded with miners selling their gpu's yet, and we've seen that happen before.

Soldato
lol it's over, Eth POS tested and was successful, once that hits it's RIP GPU mining.

I think you really need to keep up with events and what the actual DEVS are saying

Tim Beiko | timbeiko.eth (@TimBeiko) / Twitter

The Merges wont kill mining, especially after issues in testnet havent been fixed - they are band aid fixing one problem by not allowing staked ETH to be removed!

Soldato
Theres also vocal fighting between thedevs; some are *merge now, difficulty bonb now* supported by those with arguably a large staked position, whereas others are more risk averse and want a slower progress to fully bake the merge and then ice age for pow so theres no large trip ups. Again, as on kiln.

Back
Top Bottom