• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GeForce RTX vs other companies RTX eg. Asus, Palit

Associate
Hiya, I'm looking to build a PC and trying to decide on which graphics card to buy. I've decided on the RTX 3070, however confused on the difference between the Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 and specifically the Palit GeForce RTX 3070 8GB JetStream GPU. I don't understand the difference between Nvidias basic RTX cards directly from them or other suppliers, and RTX cards by other companies such as Asus and Palit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Soldato
No real difference other than the boost clocks. Nvidia sell the dies and the VRAM to their board partners like MSI/ASUS etc who manufacture the cards. The founders cards are built under Nvidias own branding although I think the actual production is still outsourced maybe with Foxconn.

Associate
OP
No real difference other than the boost clocks. Nvidia sell the dies and the VRAM to their board partners like MSI/ASUS etc who manufacture the cards. The founders cards are built under Nvidias own branding although I think the actual production is still outsourced maybe with Foxconn.
That's great thanks. To follow up, the GeForce RTX 3070 is in a list of tested GPUs for use with Autodesk Maya (my main program) so can I assume that the Palit RTX 3070 is effectively the same and shouldn't have any problems?

Caporegime
Hiya, I'm looking to build a PC and trying to decide on which graphics card to buy. I've decided on the RTX 3070, however confused on the difference between the Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 and specifically the Palit GeForce RTX 3070 8GB JetStream GPU. I don't understand the difference between Nvidias basic RTX cards directly from them or other suppliers, and RTX cards by other companies such as Asus and Palit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
some will have far better coolers than others so quieter and less noise, check reviews

Associate
Be sure to check warranty length also, and search for how good returns and repairs are with certain companies, as they certainly are not of the same standard going by various threads on here.

Associate
I've also seen it suggested that PNY might be the OEM for founders edition (although I think this was the original FE - Pascal!), would make sense as I believe they used to make the quadro cards as well (I may be wrong though)

don't some have better VRMs and better memory also?
been a long time since I bought a gpu but doubt things changed
Yeah they definitely design their own PCBs (and therefore power delivery) for some/most SKUs, not sure on the memory though (apart from sourcing from Samsung/Micron etc.) I think the spec for any given RAM such GDDR6X is pretty fixed.

@els1122 - performance for any given card e.g. 3070 should be between 2-5% for brands/designs so should be fine for Maya, as others have said though there may be pretty significant differences in cooler/power design so still worth checking reviews (a particularly bad design could theoretically lead to higher rates of failure, or thermal throttling affecting performance).

Just google the name of the specific card you are looking at an add 'review' to the search, the sites I usually tend to prefer are guru3d.com and techpowerup.com

Back
Top Bottom