• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*****NVIDIA GTX 780 IS HERE & IN STOCK - GET ONE TODAY!!**

Associate
I'm thinking about getting GTX 780 from Evga - the ACX version - but the fact that US difference of $10 between the reference and ACX turns into £80 (or relatively £30) is just beyond me.

Associate
I'm thinking about getting GTX 780 from Evga - the ACX version - but the fact that US difference of $10 between the reference and ACX turns into £80 (or relatively £30) is just beyond me.

Simply proves were getting ripped off terribly by nvidia or the shops were buying off. Disappointing really as both want loyal customers while ironically treating them poorly.

Man of Honour
Nope, I have not been ripped off because I have enough money not to care - I just got the GPU which will be the best for my needs, price doesn't really figure into it. But, anyway, that's irrelevant because I feel that I have got a good deal - I honestly couldn't care less about whether other people think I've been ripped off, they can worry about it all they like, doesn't affect me.

Well done sir, spend your money the way you want to and enjoy.:)

Will a single 780 be bottleknecked by PCI-E 2.0?

No

Single GPU top 25 scores

1. 11119. GFX Score 12195. Tltan. Air cooled. Physics Score 18406. CPU 3970X @ 4.9 Water cooled - Kaapstad - Link
2. 10846. GFX Score 11779. Tltan. Air cooled. Physics Score 20557. CPU 3930K @ 5.68 Single stage cooled - 8 Pack - Link
3. 10763. GFX Score 12998. Tltan. Water cooled. Physics Score 9061. CPU 2500K @ 5.0 Water cooled - Khemist - Link
4. 10752. GFX Score 11836. Tltan. Air cooled. Physics Score 173048. CPU 3930K @ 5.0 Water cooled - Gregster - Link
5. 10553. GFX Score 11673. Tltan. Water cooled. Physics Score 16133. CPU 3930K @ 4.5 Water cooled - Andybird123 - Link
6. 10385. GFX Score 11481. Tltan Air cooled. Physics Score 16458. CPU 3930K @ 4.6 Water cooled - Whyscotty - Link
7. 10351. GFX Score 11369. Tltan. Air cooled. Physics Score 17176. CPU 3970X @ 4.9 Water cooled - Cosimo - Link
8. 10146. GFX Score 11551. Tltan. Air cooled. Physics Score 12300. CPU 2700K @ 4.9 Air cooled - Blackwhite - Link
9. 9938. GFX Score 10894. Tltan. Water cooled. Physics Score 16268. CPU 3930K @ 4.6 Water cooled - Boomstick777 - Link
10. 9404. GFX Score 10298. 7970. Water cooled. Physics Score 17374. CPU 3930K @ 5.0 Water cooled - Besty - Link

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18485414

My Titan runs @PCI-E 2.0 and does not have a problem, I could use PCI-E 3.0 but I get better stability for the rest of the system using PCI-E 2.0

The difference between PCI-E 2.0 and 3.0 is tiny, less than 1%

Soldato
People do take notice then.:D

Tridef:

Can cost as little as $25.

Works on any native 3D source(TV's/Projectors/Monitors).

Can work with either Nvidia/AMD.

Don't have to purchase a 3D vision kit:

~£440 7950 CrossFire setup+$25 for Tridef.

Equivalent Nvidia 3d vision setup:

~£580 670 SLi+£85 for 3D vision.

League of Legends, does work with Tridef btw.

Some prefer 3D vision, some prefer Tridef, it's up to the individual what's 'better', as I haven't used Nvidia 3D, I can't comment, but I have noticed two users comments@OcUK that have used both at length and it was one a piece.

Although why did 3D get brought into the equation?:confused:

One thing I noticed on my AMD was on bf3 you could just go in the options and turn on 3d without paying or downloading any extra software.

Same game on nvidia they want £30 to play in 3d and then a mess around switching it on and off.

I don't like 3d though makes my brain ache.

Last edited:
Associate
People do take notice then.:D

Tridef:

Can cost as little as $25.

Works on any native 3D source(TV's/Projectors/Monitors).

Can work with either Nvidia/AMD.

Don't have to purchase a 3D vision kit:

~£440 7950 CrossFire setup+$25 for Tridef.

Equivalent Nvidia 3d vision setup:

~£580 670 SLi+£85 for 3D vision.

League of Legends, does work with Tridef btw.

Some prefer 3D vision, some prefer Tridef, it's up to the individual what's 'better', as I haven't used Nvidia 3D, I can't comment, but I have noticed two users comments@OcUK that have used both at length and it was one a piece.

Although why did 3D get brought into the equation?:confused:

Dunno, bit off topic, I bought the nvidia 3d with a 680 and it was spur of the moment purchase, but have to say, I do love 3d gaming, a lot more than I thought I would, play in 3D all the time. Thanks for the tips with tridef, though, don't want to be too tied in to either card manufacturer

Last edited:
Associate
Nope, I have not been ripped off because I have enough money not to care - I just got the GPU which will be the best for my needs, price doesn't really figure into it. But, anyway, that's irrelevant because I feel that I have got a good deal - I honestly couldn't care less about whether other people think I've been ripped off, they can worry about it all they like, doesn't affect me.

Not the point. Bill Gates can spend £1mill on a bottle of water and it won't affect him at all. He won't feel ripped off. Doesn't change the fact that he has been. What it does change is how manufacturers start charging hence affecting others. I hope that was simple enough to understand.

Associate
Not the point. Bill Gates can spend £1mill on a bottle of water and it won't affect him at all. He won't feel ripped off. Doesn't change the fact that he has been. What it does change is how manufacturers start charging hence affecting others. I hope that was simple enough to understand.

I'd rather you didn't try to be patronising thank you, I am doing a Physics degree so I hope you don't make the mistake of assuming that I'm unintelligent with such mannerisms again.

Anyway, the point is that some people have this weird opinion that they're entitled to be able to afford the high end graphics cards that appear in the scenes every year. If you can't afford it, then tough luck. If you think it's too expensive, then that's probably because you can't afford it - and thus, again, tough luck.

We're not all entitled to have everything we want for cheap - nVidia aren't a charity, nor are they a budget retailer; they won't pander to the whims of some who can't afford their graphics cards.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with a 3770k, for use with a single card it is better than any of the CPUs I use.

I never said there was anything wrong with an i7 3770k, i was just surprised that someone who thinks that ( just because people dont like the price of PC stuff ) that he assumes they cannot afford it and he obviously can, had such a cheap processor.

Back
Top Bottom