Nvidia re-release Shield Tablet K1

Associate
damn it! out of stock

Thanks for posting mate, missed it :(

24 in stock !

vyv9n6.png

Soldato
Got one from BT and the other Nvidia website, BT one was declined by my bank being concerned about the spend (can't complain as they are doing their job) confirmed, reordered and all sorted now :)

Any good covers that people recommend other than the Nvidia covers, my boys like to bounce their hardware at times :(

Thanks

Soldato
I'd seen a few people complaining about the power button, but I didn't think it could be that bad. It's worse than that - it's borderline unusable!

I've stuck a Note 3 (I think it was) sticky-back button on it (thank XDA) and it's better, but it's still poor - there's still absolutely no tactile feedback on it, but at least you've got a better chance of jabbing at it.

Soldato
How's everyone getting on with this tablet?

As a couple of posts above I hate the buttons with a passion, but otherwise it's great value... in fact it's pretty much great. The front-facing speakers are actually built into the bezel, where unlike most phones it just feels part of the device rather than extending it. The grip is awesome too.

Screen always seems a bit odd coming from the AMOLED N6P, but it's still good. Battery is in the 'could be better' category, but I've not had it long enough to give a true opinion on that.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a new update for this on the original tablet, not sure if its for the K1. Its ver 4.2

This update for SHIELD Tablet contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including:

SHIELD Tablet now meets Android 6.0 Professional Audio requirements, including:
-Low Latency Audio (<20ms continuous round trip)
-USB Host & Peripheral modes
-24-bit@192kHz Stereo & 7.1 HDMI output
-MIDI support over USB & Bluetooth LE
Option to toggle Navigation Button location (Settings > Personalize Settings)
Enhancements & fixes to Vulkan™ API
Improvements to touch responsiveness
Fixes to WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity
Update to Android 6.0 Security Patch Level June 1, 2016
Overall stability and additional security improvements

*edit* For some reason it wouldn't install the incremental update so chose the full update and it installed. I lost root but that should be easy to fix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom