• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Readies TU104-based GeForce RTX 2070 Ti

Caporegime
But is turing really a 12 nm gpu?
Doesn't this just mean the process has been refined.
Clock speeds are not much higher and power consumption is certainly greater

power consumption per transistor is much lower. Turing really is a 12nm GPU, but 12nm is just a marketing term.

Man of Honour
OP
I'm sure there sales figures already tell them they are selling enough cards.

The thing is with pricing it is very easy to reduce RRP later on, but much harder to raise it. If sales slow down early next year than prices can be cut 25% and all those who held out due to price will commit then.

nvidia are also being careful to have a complete market stack with products at every price point.

The onyl question now is what will come between a 1060 and a 2070 pricing wise.

Don't think they are selling that well.

Look at this thread again and concentrate on what is not here.:)

Caporegime
Don't think they are selling that well.

Look at this thread again and concentrate on what is not here.:)

ell, by most account Nvidia are struggling to reach demand. A lot of that is due to low yields on such a large chip, but that doesn't mean nvidia can sell more Turing GPUs if prices were lower there just aren't enough GPUs out there to sell. Since supply is constrained then it makes sense that prices are matching demand.
Nvidia had great Q2 sales figures, and I am sure that will continue for Q3.

Man of Honour
OP
ell, by most account Nvidia are struggling to reach demand. A lot of that is due to low yields on such a large chip, but that doesn't mean nvidia can sell more Turing GPUs if prices were lower there just aren't enough GPUs out there to sell. Since supply is constrained then it makes sense that prices are matching demand.
Nvidia had great Q2 sales figures, and I am sure that will continue for Q3.

So why have OcUK still got product on the shelves if NVidia are struggling to reach demand?

OcUK Staff
So why have OcUK still got product on the shelves if NVidia are struggling to reach demand?

You only see stock upto 10+, the simple fact is we have well over 100 of Palit and Inno3D in stock and were selling around 10-20 units per day of each and get new deliveries pretty much every other day, so the stock is moving, in fact it is moving very well.

Gigabyte was 10+ yesterday, now they are sold out.

Sales of 2080Ti are very strong.
It is the 2080 which is selling not as quick but once the 1080Ti's are all gone, that demand will of course shift onto the 2080.

Man of Honour
OP
You only see stock upto 10+, the simple fact is we have well over 100 of Palit and Inno3D in stock and were selling around 10-20 units per day of each and get new deliveries pretty much every other day, so the stock is moving, in fact it is moving very well.

Gigabyte was 10+ yesterday, now they are sold out.

Sales of 2080Ti are very strong.
It is the 2080 which is selling not as quick but once the 1080Ti's are all gone, that demand will of course shift onto the 2080.

Have you got a date when you will have the EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra in stock.

I think 2 of them together would work well.:)

Soldato
..shameless :D

I'm sorry but if these things were selling 'very well' you'd be price gouging them to the moon and back.

Well apparently you only price gouge when there's limited stock to avoid customers getting disappointed. At least that's what the man said on the 9000 series thread :rolleyes: So therefore if there's plenty of stock shifting then there's plenty for everybody and therefore no need to gouge.

Permabanned
Just give us a GTX 2080 without the ray tracing. boom, 50% smaller core, cheaper cards, consumers win. It's not like i want mediocre ray tracing right now anyway ...

That's the biggest hurdle for justifying the price, We haven't seen ray-tracing out in the wild yet but it seems like Turing doesn't do it well enough for it to make much of a difference.

When are we meant to see it in games like Shadow of the Tomb raider?

bru

bru

Soldato
A Gigabyte rep on reddit confirmed the 2070ti was a typo. This won't launch.

Look at the image in the opening post, that would be some typo, to get it wrong in the TWO places it clearly says 2070ti/2070.

Much more likely the Gigabyte rep confirming it was a typo is an attempt to dampen down their mistake of letting the cat out of the bag.

Soldato
This is all rather pathetic dont you think old chap?

When I was a wee lad I paid 5 quid got some lego, we didn't have ray tracing in it or anything like that but we were happy with that and out mud pies in our back yard.

Back
Top Bottom