** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
Well they have just bumped all the prices up AGAIN!
Yes they went up before, cards at £649 became £679, then £698 when went toi checkout on preorder. will wait now until after Big navi as the eta was 28th october on the card I was going to preorder. Some are now OTT sorry OC its not just you.

Associate
I like how they (online pundits) are all "different skews coming, wait for those". Dude there are no cards, no 3080s, so why wait for other variants of cards that are not even made yet?

Bird in the hand wins.

Associate
This is the reason I'm buying straight from Nvidia when they get regular stock, I find this price gouging practise really shady.

You will essentially be buying an option on a thing that does not exist, at a higher price than was initially set. The trade off is that you gain the thing ahead of when they are generally available at the lower price and that this time is worth the additional premium. It all hinges on when you think you could get one and when you think they will be generally available.

I'm just hanging in their on my 3080 option for now.

Associate
First time poster here and person in the queue for a 3080. Won't lie, I am frustrated that when I ordered there was an ETA on stock and now I'm in some massive queue with no ETA. That being said, A) it's a graphics card, not a new heart B) OCUK is doing a decent job with the updates and C) OCUK has always been a great place to buy tech from.

Still want my card yesterday though haha

Associate
This is the reason I'm buying straight from Nvidia when they get regular stock, I find this price gouging practise really shady.
That's if any more FE come into stock, there were a couple on OCUK here i would have bought, but end of october a bit long, and anyway price had jumped between cart and checkout all within 2 minutes so will wait.

Soldato
But you can see why the price gouging is happening, they know you will all suck it up, they know this because its happened before. I was hoping to buy a card but when the price gouging started I backed out. Now waiting on AMD to save the day, but if the price gouging happens again I'm out. I like the look of the XBOX SERIES X and perhaps Nvidia/Ocuk could learn something from the way the Xbox prices remained RRP and it looks like they are a bargain!

Last edited:
Soldato
But you can see why the price gouging is happening, they know you will all suck it up, they know this because its happened before. I was hoping to buy a card but when the price gouging started I backed out. Now waiting on AMD to save the day, but if the price gouging happens again I'm out. I like the look of the XBOX SERIES X and perhaps Nvidia/Ocuk could learn something from the way the Xbox prices remained RRP and it looks like they are a bargain!

I'm in no rush for a new GPU, My 5700XT does everything I need it to, I can wait until April/May next year, By that time stock will not be as erratic and prices should stabilise, Nvidia still has the 3080 at £649, Their RRP isn't changing.

Soldato
I'm in no rush for a new GPU, My 5700XT does everything I need it to, I can wait until April/May next year, By that time stock will not be as erratic and prices should stabilise, Nvidia still has the 3080 at £649, Their RRP isn't changing.
I was in a similar position and my 2070 (original) was fine as I am 1440p, however, just built my son a computer and promised him my 2070 as he currently has an old Radeon 470 4GB, he is desperate for it, but he will have to wait as I wont buy price gouged graphics cards, so hoping Amd will save the day or I can honestly see me getting an Xbox Series X as they seem much better value and there is no price gouging. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom