• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA RTX 3090ti Stock

Associate
Not suggesting that anyone buy one, but there's a few reasons the 3090 Ti is still a desirable card:

1) 24GB VRAM
2) Excellent build quality with better VRMs than (some? most?) of the 4090's (see Buildzoid's videos*)
3) Undervolts/overclocks *really* well due to binned, unrestricted Ampere dies.
4) Comparable performance to 4080 16GB (when OC'ed, without DLSS 3.0)
5) No issues with the 3x8-pin -> 12-pin connector (seemingly a more reliable design)
6) Current price is comparable (likely less for AIBs) to the 4080 16GB
7) Fantastic VRAM temps compared with 3080 to 3090's (VRAM on one side of the PCB)

Once the new AMD cards are out it'll have stiff competition but at the moment, if you don't want a 4090 it's still the best card in the 30-series lineup - not just in performance but in overall quality.

*Buildzoid reckoned the 3090 Ti's would 'last a long time' whilst some of the 4090's will 'last the length of their warranty' :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Why though? Why not a 3090 or a 4090?

I only ask because you say desperately.

40** series won’t work with my already purchased components that are still packaged up and waiting to be put together inside my empty case. I have everything other than the graphics card. I refuse to buy second hand cause of trust issues etc. Past 6 months i started saving up & buying the parts to get together to build my niece & nephew a gaming pc for their joint Xmas present & now it looks like they won’t be getting it cause i cannot find single brand new unopened Asus RTX 3090ti card anywhere.

OcUK Staff
Is there anything you can do or your colleagues can do to order one in for me please?

Cannot order something which no longer exist due not no longer been made.
Your only chance is an FE card or finding somewhere that maybe has old stock or B-grade stock, keep an eye on B-grade sections and Ebay.

Associate
40** series won’t work with my already purchased components that are still packaged up and waiting to be put together inside my empty case. I have everything other than the graphics card. I refuse to buy second hand cause of trust issues etc. Past 6 months i started saving up & buying the parts to get together to build my niece & nephew a gaming pc for their joint Xmas present & now it looks like they won’t be getting it cause i cannot find single brand new unopened Asus RTX 3090ti card anywhere.

Sorry, why won't a 4090 work with your already purchased components?

Man of Honour
Though the FE cards don't photo well and maybe aren't your thing if you don't like understated looks they are in the flesh far from basic/cheap kind of cards - probably the best made cards I've had my hands on with weighty materials, good quality finish and a premium look and presentation which doesn't come through well in the photos.

Only thing I'd criticise nVidia for in this regard, though a contentious one, is for the money the 3070 and 3080 series should have at least 25% more VRAM.

Back
Top Bottom