• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA RTX PRICE DROP: PRICES ARE COMING DOWN!!

OcUK Staff
OP
I'm sure ocuks push to get prices down helps...but this is just Nvidia adjusting their prices because they clearly know they have not made the sales targets investors expected.

Then we have all those that did buy that paid top dollar and didn't really get much for it as games didn't use the tech in that period. They won't be angry, because they have more money than sense, or just don't care. Which is fine.

NVIDIA made no adjustment!
Prices elsewhere is unchanged.

This is all OcUK's doing by hard work! :)

No 2080 £599 elsewhere, all that can happen now is competitors react to us and try to match or lose money, but NVIDIA has not moved, if there was an official price drop NVIDIA webshop price would reduce.

Caporegime
Still too expensive.

Will skip this generation and see if Nvidia come to their senses re pricing.

I imagine they will have a **** ton of these to get rid of by the time the next gen comes round.

I picked up a 1080 for £260 that will keep me sitting pretty for this nonsense to either pass or I'll just move to a new hobby.

Soldato

No 2080 £599 elsewhere, all that can happen now is competitors react to us and try to match or lose money, but NVIDIA has not moved, if there was an official price drop NVIDIA webshop price would reduce.

I stand corrected and apologies unreservedly in that case.

Soldato
Its temping with the Strix dropping to that price but i cant go for this card with its current reputation. 30 series for me now as if i have a ray tracing title i want to be able to play that title at over 60fps at 4k...

Soldato
Its sad the 2080ti had not budged in price enough to facilitate even thinking about it... but the 599£ for a 2080 is INSANE. Anyone saying otherwise is simply just hating. People were jumping on 1080tis at that price so I see no reason why they shouldn't be with your 2080 offerings.

Of course, if you own a 1080ti, I wouldn't move to a 2080 but for everyone else, that must be very tempting. The 2080 with some settings adjustment can 4k most games.

Caporegime

No 2080 £599 elsewhere

I know we arent strictly allowed competitor talk, but this isn't quite true (well, you could argue it might be, as of right now..:p). I have seen certain 2080's brand new from a proper retailer for a decent bit less than £599 in the last month.

Appreciate the effort in getting them down in price, but they should be a sub £500 card really. These bonkers GPU prices have to stop.

Soldato
will not touch a 2080 ti or any card at those prices, and with failures reported as well im keeping my money until something is a good deal IMO.

If the price was more like £759 then i may think about it as ive had my 1080 TI since launch, the extra power would be nice but i can turn stuff down until the price is right.

Associate
because the 1080ti was that price 2 years ago. No progress is being made.

Glad you responded. People thinking £600 is a bargain for card doing same performance as a £600 card from over 2 years ago??? U mad?! Its this INSANE mentality from some people that is allowing nvidia to try charge these stupid prices.

The RTX2080ti should be a £650-£800 card. The RTX2080 £400-£500 card. Not a penny more. If you exclude Raytracing what does the RTX2080 offer over the GTX1080ti from 2 years ago? Pretty much nothing. The only bump in performance is the RTX2080ti, which like any new top dog generation (excluding titan) been £550-£750 area in general.

Im saving for end of year and hoping that a combination of cyro currency disappearing and people having some common sense will lead to a price correction.

Caporegime
The RTX2080ti should be a £650-£800 card. The RTX2080 £400-£500 card. Not a penny more. If you exclude Raytracing what does the RTX2080 offer over the GTX1080ti from 2 years ago? Pretty much nothing. The only bump in performance is the RTX2080ti, which like any new top dog generation (excluding titan) been £550-£750 area in general.

This. Hit them with some truth bombs.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I could buy one but prefer to see the stock rot and corporate greed punished. My Zotac 1080 has a 5yr warranty performs 25% slower at most as its an OC model with 2000 boost or more why would i go through the hassle of selling on the MM and have downtime for a lousy 25%?

It does not matter if you price the 2080 at 499 it is still not worth an upgrade on anything newer than a 1080 and thats most of the upgraders actually who they depended on upgrading to shift this stock funny old world is it not?

Until they grasp that the ONLY decent card they have is the 2080Ti and need to sell them much cheaper no one is going to buy this generation period. I mean who pays 1200 pounds for a GPU that has a notable failure rate but also depends on fragile little fans that tend to have problems as well. Its complete madness all this Chinese made Nvidia stuff get issues around the three year mark thats why the warranty is two years. I know that most of mine that i kept went boom before five years and became unusable like the 8800GTX models people put in ovens to revive! :)

So this year instead i put my money somewhere sensible like 240hz because how long have the RTX cards been out again? A year? Well then you might as well just wait until 2020 and see what price the new series is. At least then if i have to get ripped off i will get a notable performance boost because i would be two series behind. But what will happen to all that poor stock Nvidia have? Best get chopping and disabling cores to rebrand them next year as midrange RTX.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great to see OCUK setting the standard even if Nvidia won't follow suit but Nvidia really did over price these especially considering the generational performance increase is extremely sub par, 2080 Ti is only 27% faster than a 1080 Ti yet costs 60% more, That is horrendous going from gen to gen.

Soldato
Now the 2080 is the same price as I paid for my 1080ti last September....I'm thinking I'd still go for my 1080.

Reliability, amount of vram and no features I won't be able to use.

Soldato
We're probably a decent chunk of time into this generation now. If you were gonna spend £1200 on a GPU you surely would've done it at release since these will likely depreciate insanely once the next lot of GPUs release.

Back
Top Bottom