• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA RTX PRICE DROP: PRICES ARE COMING DOWN!!

Soldato
Is that still the case with the 2070/80? i thought it was the Ti's which suffered? i may be wrong?
As far as I know the 2080's and 70's are pretty solid. Bought one early on and been best card I've owned. Looks great(FE), quiet, don't see more than 73c running games. In my previous main system I did find it a bit noisy idling, not sure why, maybe resonance from components on the mobo (close to if not touching an aluminium M2 heat sink) combined with a large case so I think airflow or vibration was resonating a bit through the mobo heat sink and then amplified with the large case. In an old smaller OCUK Battlebox system it's quiet- case fan quiet.

Associate
As far as I know the 2080's and 70's are pretty solid. Bought one early on and been best card I've owned. Looks great(FE), quiet, don't see more than 73c running games. In my previous main system I did find it a bit noisy idling, not sure why, maybe resonance from components on the mobo (close to if not touching an aluminium M2 heat sink) combined with a large case so I think airflow or vibration was resonating a bit through the mobo heat sink and then amplified with the large case. In an old smaller OCUK Battlebox system it's quiet- case fan quiet.

Cheers, the 2070 seems like a solid buy. I still think they’re over priced but slightly more desirable now.

Soldato
The reason why the RTX cards stack in price above the 1000 series instead of replacing that stack at the relevant price points is perhaps there is so much 1000 series inventory due to mining that they want them to remain attractive to shift stock.

Associate
NVIDIA made no adjustment!
Prices elsewhere is unchanged.

This is all OcUK's doing by hard work! :)

No 2080 £599 elsewhere, all that can happen now is competitors react to us and try to match or lose money, but NVIDIA has not moved, if there was an official price drop NVIDIA webshop price would reduce.

Out of curiosity can you tell us how well the 20 cards sell in comparison to the 10 series? Everyone assumes the cards aren't selling as well but perhaps they are. Perhaps the market as a whole still buys at the same rate.

Soldato
I'll be honest I'd go 2080ti if I needed 25% extra frames.

I find 1080ti has been fine in all games at 4k so far. Combined with a VRR of 40-60hz I've been playing all the latest games including Metro with all the Ultra settings just fine. A good tip is to create a custom CRU 1800p resolution which is exactly 80% scale. You won't be able to tell the difference. Metro even has a slider for this. There are 2 areas in Metro with crazy alpha effects and 1 area in Resident Evil 2 but these also cause unplayable frames on a 2080ti.

RTX3080 could and should be the next big step up and I'd go £750 for 50% over my 1080ti overclocked. It is likely to be out exactly as Intel and AMD land with powerful cards next year though so might be more like £500.

Back
Top Bottom