• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA to Unveil GeForce GTX TITAN P at Gamescom

Permabanned
Who wants to bet on the HBM card being an overclocker's nightmare?

I reckon the GP102 with 5x will overclock well while the gp100 with HBM won't and because of that it'll only just keep in the lead, Actually it'll probably be an Nvidia founders only card like how all the Titans have been reference cards meaning cherry picked GP102's like the Kingpin and HOF etc can edge it off the top shelf.

Soldato
3840 cores is the same as a pair of 1070s. I'd be very surprised if the titan p was clocked nearly as high as a 1070, so in games where SLI works well, I'd expect 1070 SLI to outperform a titan p. How much do we think this card is going to cost again?

Associate
Can't see it being any less than £1500, seems like again the Ti will be a much much better deal. The titan will just be nVidia's trophy card, with HBM2 bragging rights.

Soldato
If the 1080 price is anything to go by (1080's going now for £850 nearly £900 some models) the Titan p or 1080 Ti will be super duper stupid money. I'll say it right now 1080 Ti £1200 for the cheapest could be more?

Associate
1080 is 50-70% faster than the 980, and that's 314 vs 398mm^ chips. So Pascal is definitely bringing the performance.

So it kind of depends on what they use for big Pascal. Do they go for the full 602mm^ GP100? Cuz that would be an absolute monster and should *easily* see another 50% performance on top of the 1080.

But I think even a 500mm^ GP102 or something would still enable a good 40-50% improvement over GP104.

Either way, I think we're looking at proper 4k/60fps gaming coming up.

I also think Computex sounds a bit early to unveil this, at least with any details. Maybe just a teaser.

I doubt we will see 600mm without significant cuts you have to remember this is a new node and we have been on 28nm for ages

Soldato
lolz this will be utterly ridicuously priced, both the 1080ti and the Titan P for (P***taking) Edition? ;)

Seriously both cards will cost more than you can build a half decent PC for lol... bet they will still sell by the truck load to people who want MOAR!

Shame AMD cant ever compete at this end though...

Associate
there wont be 1080Ti, if Nvidia releases a 50-70% faster GPU than 1080, it will be a Titan with as high of a price as they can, to milk for as long as they can, 1080Ti wont show untill AMD brings Fury2, to be compete with price.
that is still like 6 months of milking enthusiasts if the august date is true, beside Nvidia doesn't need to have big stock of it, and the 4K capable GPU is a serious selling point, i totaly see Titan coming this soon.
at least thats how i would do it if i owned Nvidia :D

Soldato
lolz this will be utterly ridicuously priced, both the 1080ti and the Titan P for (P***taking) Edition? ;)

Seriously both cards will cost more than you can build a half decent PC for lol... bet they will still sell by the truck load to people who want MOAR!

Shame AMD cant ever compete at this end though...

This^

I'll be happy with my 1080 (Whenever I receive it?) until 11 series.

Caporegime
I'm expecting nVidia to split the Titan brand this time around I think, as yields will not be good with the full-fat core.

I'm guessing the full 16GB one to be £1500ish and the 3500ish cored 12GB version to have the £1000 placeholder with the Ti coming down the line :)

This is definitely sooner than expected!! Gonna crush AMD at this rate....

Back
Top Bottom