NZXT Kraken Support

Associate
After RMAing my second EK Predator 240 they gave me a refund and I took the plunge on the NZXT Kraken after being without for 28 days.

When installing the unit one of the standoffs snapped in the thumbscrew..

Contact OC-UK who said to contact NZXT which is fair enough, but it's been 5 days and no reply at all apart from the initial ticket confirmation.

Do I just RMA the whole unit and be without again?

Anyone got any contact info for NZXT / Forum rep?

Thanks

Alex

Last edited:
Man of Honour
NZXT's support in the past has been practically non-existant in the UK/EU and there were several threads on here a couple of years ago that people just couldn't get any response from them. Supposedly it was going to be sorted but from your lack of success with them obviously not. You may just have to RMA the whole thing back to OCUK but watch out that they don't blame you for overtightening it.

Associate
OP
NZXT's support in the past has been practically non-existant in the UK/EU and there were several threads on here a couple of years ago that people just couldn't get any response from them. Supposedly it was going to be sorted but from your lack of success with them obviously not. You may just have to RMA the whole thing back to OCUK but watch out that they don't blame you for overtightening it.

I was doing the initial tightening with my thumbs unbelievably, must have been made of cheese!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have had great experience with NZXT support over the year on multiple occasions.

You need to sign up and submit a ticket which typically is replied to within 24 hours. Just attach a PDF file of your invoice and explain the problem and they dispatch a replacement.

Associate
OP
I have had great experience with NZXT support over the year on multiple occasions.

You need to sign up and submit a ticket which typically is replied to within 24 hours. Just attach a PDF file of your invoice and explain the problem and they dispatch a replacement.

Have done just this, attached invoice, chased, nothing back yet. :(

Edit - 6 days since logging the initial ticket with their system.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Have done just this, attached invoice, chased, nothing back yet. :(
The only support guy working there is on holiday maybe? :p:(

Not good. I will follow this thread and see how it goes as it will impact my purchasing decision in the future.

Good luck, hope they do t make you wait too long.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think i'll give it a few more days then I have no choice but to RMA it I guess.
Yeah. Also ask OcUK to get in touch with NZXT and find out what's up and why they have not responded to you. Is this a one of due to some reason or have they become like this now.

Associate
OP
Yeah. Also ask OcUK to get in touch with NZXT and find out what's up and why they have not responded to you. Is this a one of due to some reason or have they become like this now.

Yeah I've just done this too as they must have some kind of contact there.

Will report back with progress, hopefully i'll just get an email saying they'll send out the replacement part.

Soldato
After RMAing my second EK Predator 240 they gave me a refund and I took the plunge on the NZXT Kraken after being without for 28 days.

When installing the unit one of the standoffs snapped in the thumbscrew..

Contact OC-UK who said to contact NZXT which is fair enough, but it's been 5 days and no reply at all apart from the initial ticket confirmation.

Do I just RMA the whole unit and be without again?

Anyone got any contact info for NZXT / Forum rep?

Thanks

Alex

If you haven't been contacted by next week drop me a PM, have a direct email I can forward on your problem . sometimes works, some times doesn't

Soldato
I'm sorry but NZXT support is laughable.

I ended having to post on their social media page, then I got a response, but the follow up was abysmal. To this day the issue wasn't resolve because at the end the wrong part was sent out and I gave up sending email to a wall and they blocked me on their Facebook page for obvious reason.

I am actually surprised that reviewers still review them since their customer support really need some improvement.

Soldato
Wow. I must have got lucky the times I had to use them then. Seems to be a hit and miss.

Tbf, that time was around 2-3 years ago, but that experience was enough to not use them ever again and advice everyone against using them.

Worst CS in all the vendors I've ever dealt with, abysmal product QC and quality.

Associate
OP
Quick update, literally nothing back whatsoever from NZXT apart from the initial ticket confirmation.

Getting tiresome real quick.

Associate
OP
Update - Overclockers have sorted me out with a spare they have just received in from another return. So hopefully by tomorrow all will be well.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, shame about NZXT :(

Did NZXT at least get back in touch with OcUK giving an explanation?

Sounds like a lets sweep this one under the rug kind of thing rather than apologise and promise to do better in the future.

Associate
OP
Ok another update, now that overclockers have sorted it low and behold NZXT have now replied to the support query.

I confirmed my address to them and he replied again within minutes, so maybe one the ticket has been picked up the support is OK, but that's not much of an excuse for the initial delay.

At least i'll have some spares now.

Back
Top Bottom