NZXT SENTRY 2

Associate
Hi, I really would like to get one of these fan controllers for my new build. Any idea when they are in stock, or if indeed OCuk will sell them. Has anyone used similiar products from NZXT before; if so what are they like?

Ta Manstein.

Associate
I want one of these too :) Hope ocuk will get them.

By the way - they sound like a microwave when the buttons are selected which sucks.. but they defo look like they are from starship enterprise!

Associate
OP
Yeah they look cool..someone recommends putting some tape over the speaker to stop or rather reduce the noise. Sounds like a plan. Hopefully, ocuk will get some. I cant find them anywhere in stock at the moment.

Soldato
I have the Sentry LX.

Pros: independently controls 7 fans (or more if u plug extra converters in, then controls the fans on that line), looks pretty, doesnt make beeps!, has 5 temp sensors which can be used to control the fans, there is room behind it to stick a fan as it isnt very deep, i prefer it to the knob controlled ones as nothing sticks out past the case.

Cons: Viewing angles are really poor, takes up 2 bays which could be an issue if u hav a reservoir there too.

Tbh the beeps wont annoy u after day three or four cos by then u'll have it set up how u like it and u wont need to touch again unless the battery runs out.

Associate
new one uses one drive bay - lx uses multiple drive bays - and i dont know much about the sentry 1 but from the screen shots i would wait for the Sentry 2 (nowt wrong with 1 but 2 looks cooler to me).

Associate
OP
yeah all good but when are they out! I need to start my build...lol... I can see them listed in america but not in the uk...please please buy some of these in fat boy!

Associate
Both SENTRY 2 and LX versions are now in stock, but nothing from OCUK [OCUK - please would you consider adding them to your range??]. I've just ordered the SENTRY 2 and hopefully receive them this week.

Soldato
Both SENTRY 2 and LX versions are now in stock, but nothing from OCUK [OCUK - please would you consider adding them to your range??]. I've just ordered the SENTRY 2 and hopefully receive them this week.

Thanks mate, I had now order Sentry LX cos it will fit my antec 12000 case on my double bay next to my 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter Lightscribe Drive - OEM bay. :)

Associate
I have the Sentry 2 and it works a treat with the speaker killed but it wont run the 180mm fans in my Silverstone Raven 2 so its going to the scraps cupborad untill i have enough bits for another machine :)

Associate
I have the Sentry 2 and it works a treat with the speaker killed but it wont run the 180mm fans in my Silverstone Raven 2 so its going to the scraps cupborad untill i have enough bits for another machine :)

What do you mean that your 180mm fan won't work with this SENTRY 2. Is this because you "killed" the speaker, and this is the result you got?

I can't see why killing a speaker would cause failure in running the 180mm Fans, unless you over-revved them causing them to burn out? I am not sure.

I'm awaiting delivery of this SENTRY 2 later this week and will post here with my findings....

Back
Top Bottom