O11D XL Distroplate + FLT res build thread

Associate
are you asking with the front distro plate?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm asking for my own build using a regular pump / reservoir combo. I think height of the radiator vs motherboard is the main concern. Bottom I believe will be OK, but top perhaps a bit iffy.

Soldato
OP
You could probably squeeze a 64mm in the bottom but I think 54mm at the top is unlikely I'm already at the mobo with a pe360 and fans.

Nearly done gpu block took longer than anticipated last night. One more bend to do then loop complete.

Associate
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm asking for my own build using a regular pump / reservoir combo. I think height of the radiator vs motherboard is the main concern. Bottom I believe will be OK, but top perhaps a bit iffy.

Bottom is definitely fine without the vertical mount (also possible with) but absolutely no chance of a 54 mm on the top.

Associate
You could probably squeeze a 64mm in the bottom but I think 54mm at the top is unlikely I'm already at the mobo with a pe360 and fans.

Nearly done gpu block took longer than anticipated last night. One more bend to do then loop complete.

Yeah I've been able to get away with thick configs in the Define 7, but that's set up for 140 or 120 fans, with the 120 wides able to overhang the mobo so long as ram isn't too tall. Seems that's not the case here.

Your build is looking great!

Soldato
OP
Yeah I've been able to get away with thick configs in the Define 7, but that's set up for 140 or 120 fans, with the 120 wides able to overhang the mobo so long as ram isn't too tall. Seems that's not the case here.

Your build is looking great!

Without a distro plate you can run and xe size rad bottom and side as well as a pe on top so plenty of room.

Associate
Loop finally finished and pressure tested overnight so going to fill today! Fingers crossed.

Nice! I await the completed Article.

I am just waiting on the GPU block from Germany, which should arrive on Friday, so I will be assembling my O11 XL system this weekend. It will take more time than normal, as I have to blitz clean my existing radiator and wash out the pump/res and CPU block before I can assemble it all in the new chassis.

Soldato
Nice! I await the completed Article.

I am just waiting on the GPU block from Germany, which should arrive on Friday, so I will be assembling my O11 XL system this weekend. It will take more time than normal, as I have to blitz clean my existing radiator and wash out the pump/res and CPU block before I can assemble it all in the new chassis.
Are you talking about alphacool?

Associate
I ordered a block for my reference 6800XT last Friday and it was dispatched yesterday, with UPS estimating delivery on Friday. Good thing about the 6800 series being hard to get is that demand for the blocks is subsequently less.

It may take longer, who knows. I'll just be glad to get the thing built after months of gathering parts!

Soldato
Hey buddy, the colour choices for the fittings/rings looks excellent :) And having seen a sneak peak of the coolant can't wait to see with the LED's going :) look forward to seeing her fully powered up buddy.

Soldato
Looks awesome, really clean and nice.

I have the 011d (non-XL) in a similar configuration but I only have a single 360 in mine, it was ok with a 2080ti, but when I upgraded to a 3090, my water temp goes over 40 and it's just getting too hot. Looking into upgrading to a 011D XL, with the same rad combination.

Soldato
OP
As an update spent the last week trying to figure out temps and fan speeds. Ultimately given I've moved to water noise was an important factor as well as cooling (otherwise I may as well have stayed on air). First thing I was finding was on my 3090 and running an overclock + increased power limit (so regularly topping 400w on gpu alone) whilst running all the fans at 800 rpm is that I was hitting 62 degrees in Ark (I use Ark as it always maxes out GPU usage @100% and power and seems to be a much higher stresser than other games so better at getting up to max temp, 3dmark never topped 48/49 and most others would sit in early 50s). This is with the 10900k running an all core 5.2 overclock at 1.325v (Bios set voltage with a bit of droop, VROUT ends up being lower around 1.29).

Obviously less than ideal so after some investigation first culprit was the dust filters, they really impede air flow, removing both and upping both the intake and exhaust rads to 1240rpm (doing the same with filters in place made little difference) got my load gpu temps down to 56.4 max so a definite improvement but at the cost of more noise! So I set about finding a nice medium of pump, rad speeds and undervolting the gpu to achieve what I wanted, quiet operation being a key part (I guess in hindsight I maybe could have gone with lower FPI rads to compensate but no harm)!

I've now settled on the following:

Pump speed - 48% any higher and you can start to hear an audible slight hum/whir.
Intake fan speed - 800rpm (any higher and I think the case cutouts are the culprit for creating an annoying whir)
Intake and Exhaust rads - 1130rpm
CPU unchanged @ 1.325v 5.2GHz All core
GPU undervolted @ 1935/10852 @ 868mv

The sum total of the above is relatively whisper quiet operation with a top out GPU temp of 52 degrees in Ark. Overall happy with the results in terms of noise/performance balance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom