O2 gone painfully slow?

Soldato
Yep! :mad:

Goes slow every evening with terrible pings...

Changed over to them on the 1st and haven't been happy at all with the connection so far. May cancel and go back to BT.

Below is a in the morning;

And now this evening;

The pings usually stay around 200ms in the evening! Not happy!

Associate
Mine's a bit shady tonight, but there's a message on the Be status page about slow speeds and high latency in Bristol. We had some outages last week where previously it's been flawless, so assume it's a maintenance issue rather than oversubscription here at least.

Associate
o2 connection issue

had a similar issue with o2 i had limited connection at best, it would disconnect and come back with error messgaes all the time untill i called them and found out that they had changed there dns settings.

i had a static ip and paid extra for a small business account and after all this they failed to inform me of the change. i was only when i had enough that i found out the reasons behind it all.

been with them for 6 months and i dont think ill continue after my contract is finished. i have a few issues with them whihc left me unsatisfied with the service especailly with the price im paying.

give them call and hopefully they can give you the information you seek..

Soldato
i'd find somewhere else before your 30 day cool off period expires.

check the o2 forums, been having problems for ages and they dont seem to be doing a fat lot about it tbh.

It sucks as I'm going away on holiday on the 1st of next month so i can't get it sorted. If it carries on i'll just take the hit and do the 50 day cancel... :(

Soldato
I had the Access package (BT Wholesale) for a time in the 2nd half of 2008 (no LLU at my local exchange), and I had a terrible time with it, quite long periods with no connections at all (12 hours), most nights most webpages would not load between 6-11pm, stuck it for a few months, then migrated to UKFSN, which has been much better than O2.

I grew to HATE the music they play when they put you on hold, drove me bats!

Associate
417365897.png

Edit: Synced at 7Mbps/1Mbps...

Everyone on Be/O2 here in Canterbury has a totally knackered connection. It's apparently congestion (which appeared in the space of 5 minutes and has lasted 2 weeks) and they aren't even being arsed to fix the problem until mid March. Total **** go somewhere else...

Soldato
argh not again :(
my connection has been fine for the past week but tonight its awful
im synced at 12Mbps/1Mbps.
quick speedtest : ping 287ms, Download Speed: 840 kbps (105 KB/sec) Upload Speed: 715 kbps (89.4 KB/sec)

Soldato
Mine has went a bit crap tonight for the first time since I signed up.

I think this must be a network problem rather than just a exchange issue.

Back
Top Bottom