O2 Traffic Management

Soldato
Can anyone recommend me an isp, non LLU please :)

have a look at adsl24, recently moved to them from o2, package i'm on has a 30gb monthly limit, this DOESNT currently include midnight - 8am mon-fri and midnight friday - 8am monday.

reduced my ping from 100+ during the mentioned times down to 50-60, no speed increase but i'm speed limited because of my location, similar to you.

Caporegime
I'm still in a 12 month contract, can I request my MAC due to traffic management being introduced?
Assuming you can't get LLU services, what BT Wholesale product do you intend on moving to that doesn't have any sort of traffic management?

Associate
Assuming you can't get LLU services, what BT Wholesale product do you intend on moving to that doesn't have any sort of traffic management?

I didn't realise that every wholesale product had that, I may be better off staying wth O2, and your also correct there is no LLU services avaliable.

Associate
In fairness, it's more to do with bts network than what O2 wants, and it's typically the ones causing the problem that jump ship (home lines weren't designed to run maxed out 24/7). It's only a tiny percentage that cause it to, the last time warner (in the us) publically talked about it's p2p problem 5% of it's customers were using 95% of it's bandwidth.

At least O2 is applying to to ftp as well to reduce pings and lag. Most isps on bts network throttle whatever they want, Tiscali throttled every video player competing with it's own, bt throttles the iplayer along with plenty others. O2 is trying to improve it, which make them the only one currently :)

Hopefully they'll be sensible about it though, xboxlive is entirely p2p based, steam uses it, wow patches etc..

Associate
No traffic management is being applied yet. All these ISP's such as ADSL24, Titan and Zen all seem to have similar issues with download speeds. I am actually considering moving to BT Broadband now. Anyone on BT got any horror stories to tell me?

Soldato
I'm sick of my O2 connection, its a joke.

If traffic management isn't applied in the next week and i see improvements i'm leaving them.

Pings of 120 and less than 1meg downloads are taking the ****

Associate
No traffic management is being applied yet. All these ISP's such as ADSL24, Titan and Zen all seem to have similar issues with download speeds. I am actually considering moving to BT Broadband now. Anyone on BT got any horror stories to tell me?

Does the fact that those non-llu services are being delivered via bt not tell you something?

Soldato
I'm on Virgin, and tbh, I don't care about traffic management, if I've got things to download, I just limit it during the day and set it to full rape speed at night

Likewise with O2. If I need to download anything of a large size I wait till late on at night to do so.

/dunce question time

This traffic management - It's not being applied to LLU services, is it?. :confused:

POB

POB

Soldato
O2 has got really bad since the traffic shaping has kicked in.

Currently downloading a 39mb file (via HTTP) and its quoting an hour.

Youtube or other videos won't load.

Its totaly useless. But pretty much stuck with them due to location.

Permabanned
The traffic management isn't in full swing yet, it's being slowly phased in over the month. I've been told new customers will see it immediately though, O2 are pathetic. After 5pm I can't stream youtube/iplayer or anything to save my life and my 780K/s downloads are 78K/s if I'm lucky.

I've got my MAC code but have no idea who to go to, Enta I believe are still crap and getting worse.

Associate
I've got my MAC code but have no idea who to go to, Enta I believe are still crap and getting worse.

fast.co.uk get my vote just now. I had never heard of them before and they are fast, with results to prove it.

746152.png

589315665.png

I asked a quesion about interleaving getting turned off via email and i had a reply about 7 minutes later. 02 take 48 hours and don't even answer your question.

Abit pricey though. 45GB cap for £33.27 (or 20GB for £22.51)

Back
Top Bottom